“Just reopened 7/1 after renovation and overhaul... better than before!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Seasons Buffet

Ranked #7 of 42 Restaurants in Uncasville
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Buffet, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Buffet, Late Night
Durham, Connecticut
“Just reopened 7/1 after renovation and overhaul... better than before!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011 via mobile

Went for lunch today and while the hosts are still familiarizing themselves with the table numbers and layout, the waitstaff and chefs are on the mark. New facilities, more/better food options=decent buffet.
Fajitas were very tender steak and chicken. Sushi was basic options, but oh so fresh and tasty! (California rolls, shrimp and salmon sushi, tuna and avocado rolls, and veggie rolls). Carved beef was excellent and the horseradish cream sauce was good. My husband really enjoyed some of the other Asian dishes (lo lein and beef and broccoli) and I enjoyed the steamed mussels and cold calamari salad. Desserts were small
but tasty and allow for getting more than
one! All in all, better food than I
remember. $ 21/ person for lunch includes all soft drinks/ coffee/tea.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Won't go again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

This is an overpriced buffet restaurant at the Mohegan Casino. The lower priced one (and better IMO) is closed now. We went to this because we were given discount coupons at our hotel. If we hadn't had coupons it would have cost about $30+ each! While they have alot of choices on the buffet, the food was only mediocre. Some was cold and it just tastes like cafeteria food. And the server at the carving station was such a rude sour puss that i reported him to management. We won't go again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
northeast ct
“Not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

We had received (4) dinners at the Seasons Buffet as a gift and stopped in on a Sunday afternoon at 330 ish. It was not very busy when we arrived, we were promptly seated, served our drinks and were on our way to the buffet line.

Having seen the Mohegan Sun and the amount of money they spend I expected a LARGE buffett and was surprised at how little there really was. This heightened my expectations as with a smaller buffet I expected the food to be extraordinary, Wrong!

I sampled pretty much everything. The carving station offered beef, pork loin and turkey.
The beef was a high light as it was available in whatever amount of wellness you wished. The horseradish sauce was excellent. The pork loin was dry and bland, or so I thought. Then I had the turkey, that was very dry and very bland.

The cheddar / bacon mashed potatoes were cold and lacking , uh , flavor. The creole catfish was anything but creole (though it was cooked well), dirty rice was dirty and well surprise lacked flavor. Pizza was the stuff of middle school cafeteria. Potatoe wedges were over done. The lone item that was worth a second trip were the roasted vegetables which were cooked aldente, warm, with a nice touch of spices.

I forgot the salad bar, if so inclined stop at Ruby Tuesdays on the way.

The dessert bar lacked labels so many of the items were unidentifiable. The chocolate cream pie was passable but far from terrific. The chocolate cake was heavy and brickish, the mousse cake lacking flavor.

While waiting in the carving line an elderly woman kept asking where the horse radish was but the servers at the station were busy fooling around, grabbing each others hats.

Our server at ou table was pleasant and attentive, but not so much show to overshadow the other deficiencies.

I will not be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mashantucket, Connecticut
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

Very average buffet. Many food items unavailable and not quickly refilled, food is pedestrian.
Staff very helpful and polite. At $16 per head I'd eat elsewhere at the Sun

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Englewood, Florida
“Terrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

A buffet is a buffet, but last night I had "dinner" at the worst buffet I have ever been to. It was a busy night, the staff was accomodating and friendly, and we were brought to our table promptly. This is when the dinner began going downhill. The selection of food was mediocre at best....but the actual food was horrible. I opted for the fried rice (dry and tasteless), stuffed flounder (fishy tasting and way too salty), and some cucumber slices that were barely edible. I somehow managed to get down the rice, and then returned to the buffet area looking for something to eat. I returned with some generic fried shrimp (acceptable) and some potato salad that was edible if not good. I went to get some dessert and fresh fruit which was actually very good. I wish I had just dined on dessert. I remember going to this buffet probably 5 years ago, and remember it being very good. Things have changed for the worse.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere