“Trumbull's Sole Breakfast Place” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in Trumbull
Cuisines: American
Westport, Connecticut
“Trumbull's Sole Breakfast Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

For the longest time the place to go to brunch in Trumbull was Marie's, but sadly they closed. Thankfully, Chip's stepped in to open a breakfast place in Trumbull not long afterwards. I've gone to Chip's a couple of times, and have been to their restaurant in Fairfield too. I've only done breakfast here so I can't comment on lunch or dinner.

I think Chip's is good for breakfast and brunch. A good friend and I have gone a couple of times and have ordered both omelettes and pancakes. The pancakes are great, I can never finish a full stack and have some difficulty with the half stack too. The omelettes are good and come with all the sides (home fries and toast). Most times we come on the weekends, there is a wait; but there is a place to sit inside and within the vestibule. The wait is understandable, because where else would you go in Trumbull? Brugger's? Starbucks? I want a real breakfast out, so I go to Chips!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Connecticut
“A nice pancake house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I took my daughter for lunch and we both enjoyed it. The waitress was attentive. It has a comfortable, homey atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“mediocre..skip it...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

expensive for what you get - I don't get what all the buzz is about - not too impressed - -not gourmet at all - I felt like I was eating at a Denny's..skip it!

Visited December 2013
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Local and Open!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Last night was snowy Saturday night and at 8:30- Nothing was open! We cruised down 111 and found Chips still serving ( on the cusp!). Not many folks in the place and someone described the ambiance as a diner, which this place really is...Order the grilled cheese. OMG, there was barely any cheese in the sandwich! Seriously, it looked like someone spread mayonnaise on the bread, put it together and grilled it. Come on Chips, at $3.99, you can afford to put at least two slices of Swiss cheese in the sandwich! I did order one pancake ( the cinnebon) at $2.50 and I have to admit, that was one sweet pancake. I don't how anyone could possibly eat 5 of them ( standard order).

Service was good and I didn't feel really rushed until we where the only ones left...cordial manager...I'll try it again but only for the pancakes; I'll make my grilled cheese at home!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
CT
“It's all about the PANCAKES!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The food at Chips is good and they have a big menu but I go here for the "TO DIE FOR" pancakes. They have every type of pancake you can imagine. My favorites are the buttermilk and the coffee cake/cinnamon bun. Light and fluffy, won't make you feel stuffed. Highly recommend you try these pancakes if you are a pancake lover like me. ENJOY!!

Visited December 2013