“A nice pancake house” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Connecticut
“A nice pancake house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I took my daughter for lunch and we both enjoyed it. The waitress was attentive. It has a comfortable, homey atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Connecticut
“mediocre..skip it...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

expensive for what you get - I don't get what all the buzz is about - not too impressed - -not gourmet at all - I felt like I was eating at a Denny's..skip it!

Visited December 2013
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Local and Open!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Last night was snowy Saturday night and at 8:30- Nothing was open! We cruised down 111 and found Chips still serving ( on the cusp!). Not many folks in the place and someone described the ambiance as a diner, which this place really is...Order the grilled cheese. OMG, there was barely any cheese in the sandwich! Seriously, it looked like someone spread mayonnaise on the bread, put it together and grilled it. Come on Chips, at $3.99, you can afford to put at least two slices of Swiss cheese in the sandwich! I did order one pancake ( the cinnebon) at $2.50 and I have to admit, that was one sweet pancake. I don't how anyone could possibly eat 5 of them ( standard order).

Service was good and I didn't feel really rushed until we where the only ones left...cordial manager...I'll try it again but only for the pancakes; I'll make my grilled cheese at home!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
CT
“It's all about the PANCAKES!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The food at Chips is good and they have a big menu but I go here for the "TO DIE FOR" pancakes. They have every type of pancake you can imagine. My favorites are the buttermilk and the coffee cake/cinnamon bun. Light and fluffy, won't make you feel stuffed. Highly recommend you try these pancakes if you are a pancake lover like me. ENJOY!!

Visited December 2013
pittsburgh
“Sour mayo and watery beef!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

This visit didn't go well at all! Quality control was lacking on the afternoon I visited and BAD mayo made it to my table, an undercooked ,dripping ( formally frozen I'm guessing) beef patty sealed the deal! I will not return and cannot recommend!