We were really excited about this new restaurant being opened in Trumbull - it looks nice from the outside and has a promising menu. However, our Saturday night dinner was a complete disaster. Honestly, you can get better food and service at Chipotle.
1. First of all, we made a reservation for 8 pm, arrived a little early and still waited for about 25 minutes before we were told by the hostess that there are no available tables inside and the only table they have is outside. Since we were sitting next to a couple that had been waiting for over an hour for a table, we agreed to take the table even though our preference was to eat inside.
2. After we sat down, it took another 10 minutes for a waiter to take our drink orders and another 10 minutes to get our drinks. The drinking straws were brought up unwrapped, simply sitting on the waiters’ drink tray which did not look very clean. The waiter picked them up and dumped them on a table (which was an outside table and unlikely wiped for a couple of hours).
3. We decided to place our food order right away to avoid additional delays. My husband ordered a burger and I ordered a “well done” prime rib (well done for health reasons). Our food was delivered about 45 minutes later (about 1.5 hours after we had entered the establishment). While other tables around us received a bread basket, we, for some reason, did not. As was later explained by the waiter, they “forgot to give it to us”.
4. The burger and the stake arrived at the same time. The steak was clearly medium to medium rare with a pink middle and some blood. We thought this was a result of miscommunication between the waiter and the kitchen and sent the steak back to make it well done. The steak was back in 5 minutes, cut in two pieces – still medium as it was acknowledged by the waiter. I cut the meat and had to send it back again since it was pink. When the steak came back pink again and I cut it again to show the waiter, who took it back for the fourth time. I have never sent my food back in a restaurant before, and this time had to send it back four times before they got it right. I still don’t understand why it is so difficult to make a well done steak in a so called “steakhouse”. By the time I got my meal back, my $27.00 prime rib was 6 small pieces of charred meat. But at least there was no more pink. But that time it was already almost 10 pm and too late to go eat someplace else.
5. The food was mediocre at best, really nothing special.
6. It took us another 15 minutes to get the check after asking 3 different people. My last hope was for the restaurant to somehow make up for their mistake. Offering a $5 dollar dessert would probably make the girl happy! However, nothing was said nor done, the bill was for a full price, including an itemized complimentary bread basket that we never received.
7. I asked to speak to the manager, who came up and after listening to us stated that they judge their steaks by temperature not by the looks. (Hello, a well done steak should not bleed no matter how they look at it. Get a better food thermometer!). She said they will try to make up for us next time. My husband said that next time is unlikely to happen and the manager stated that it is OK with them “if they never see us again”. Still, no genuine apology not an offer for a complimentary dessert or simply an iced tea.
It is very sad that despite the hype (the place was packed on Saturday night) and limited amount of similar options in Trumbull, this new place ended up being so bad.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.