“Horrible!” 1 of 5 stars

(203) 380-6380
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Parallel Post is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 60 Restaurants in Trumbull
Cross street: Merritt Parkway
Miami, Florida
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last year. Both times I ate at this restaurant as it is convenient. Both times I got food poisoning. I reported it the first time to the GM of the hotel. Last night I made sure I did not eat the same entree just to be sure. I ordered the clams and the fish. I repeatedly asked if they were fresh. The clams were rubbery and they tasted sandy. The fish was so salty it was not edible. The vegetables broccoli was half cooked as was the potatoes. The sweet potatoes, beets, and onions were cooked. This was by far one of the worst restaurants I have eaten at. They have a limited wine list (VERY poor selections). Given that this is the only high brand in the area one would think the opposite. The menu is all in small print (bring your reading glasses). BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU ORDER. I started getting sick when I got right in my room. I called and told them at the front desk. They did ask if I wanted medical attention. I did have them send me up soda to settle my stomach. I will not do this again!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Massachusetts
“A nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Checked trip-advisor before eating here with my wife but still pleasantly surprised by the quality of our dinner given it's in the Marriott. I had the burger and my wife the chicken and both were delicious (we ended up splitting). The drinks and service were also very good. Dessert was just OK and hence the 4 stars but highly recommend and will happily eat here again.

Trumbull, Connecticut
“Upscale Delicious Dining Within A Hotel Setting--The Marriott”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Comfortable restaurant, with upbeat mood, great drinks, tasty choices, attentive staff and on topof healthy food trends for now Highly Recommended

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Freehold, New Jersey
“Nice surprise in CT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I really enjoyed the food on New Year's Eve at this restaurant. I was staying at the hotel and searched for the "top restaurants" in the area prior and this place was coincidentally listed as one of the best in the area. The wait staf was efficient and not too intrusive and the six course menu with wine parings was very enjoyable. The courses were: scallop soup, endive with figs, nuts & feta, redfish, rabbit and a decadent chocolate dessert. The presentations were excellent and the wine parings were very good. I did not care for the Rose wine, but that was just my personal preference for Roses. The redfish accompanyment - butternut squash? - was excellent and the fish was cooked perfectly. I found it a bit funny that two pieces of endive with figs, etc. could be considered a "course," but I thought it was tasty. The scallop soup was worth the trip alone. It came to me a bit colder than I like, but that was quickly remedied. The chocolate dessert with the esspresso was very nicely presented and fantastic. The best part of the meal however, was the rabbit. I had not tasted it before and I am now a fan. It was so tender and the reduction sauce was so rich that it left me wanting more. I will be coming to Trumbull again and I will be sure to visit this restaurant and have just the rabbit. I do have one criticisim - for the price and caliber of the food, the tables and atmosphere did not match. I understand that the hotel would like to double the space with the day menu, etc and keep it casual, but for this type of food, there should be tablecloths used at night. That would be asthetically pleasing and also help to justify the prices.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Hidden gem of CT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Oh man, I am full and happy right now. I am home for Christmas break and spend most of my time eating in NYC and Philly so I couldn't be happier that Trumbull has a restaurant of this caliber. I had the pleasure of tasting several things on the menu, as I ate in a group of 4. Every single item I ate was spot on...short ribs, redfish (butternut squash ravioli-WHAT), seafood pasta, frissee salad with duck confit, pork carnitas, clams BLT...the list goes on. What makes it even better is that everything is from local farms/fresh farm to table. The quality and presentation is impeccable. The service is outstanding, and you don't really feel like you're in a hotel. This is my new spot when I come to Connecticut.

PS: chocolate pannacotta is to die for.