“Perfect for takeout!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of old towne restaurant

No photo provided
Description: This is one of the longest running restaurants in Trumbull
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Perfect for takeout!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We love this spot for pizza and their famous lemon chicken orzo soup on a weekly basis. Can't beat Old Towne.

Visited September 2013

Trumbull, Connecticut
“Used to be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We used to go to Old Towne at least once a week, used to ! I remember when the portions were so large that we would have leftovers for days and the meals were always delicious, times have changed, portions are small, prices went up, old stand by's like the meat loaf and fish and chips have disappeared, I understand a menu should evolve, but when you do something right and people keep coming back for that something, you build around it, you enhance the menu, or you loose the repeat customers, which I have seen first hand at the restaurant as well as the posts on TA, friendly staff as always, but my recent experiences have shown that they aren't as attentive as they used to be, the last time we had dinner we had to go up and ask for our check, apparently our waitresses shift had ended and she had left ! Yes really, anyway Old Towne bring back the favorites and portions and the service and I am sure we will all come back.again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Trumbull
“Good Food & Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We eat at Old Towne 1-2 x a week. Service friendly & normally efficient, great basics (try the George's salad topped pizza-yum!), classics (mussels in lemon wine sauce over pasta is to die for), but sometimes efforts towards gourmet fall flat (fried goat cheese with cherry sauce, risotto cakes). They are happy to accommodate special requests ( potato choice for example) . The portions are huge -you can definitely get a second meal out of their delicious Penne Antonio (penne, juicy meatballs, sausage & mushrooms in red sauce). Also, the 2nd cocktail's free if you order a special. The prices are so reasonable we make this our casual go-to place often.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Fairfield County, CT
“Convenient, but that's about it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've eaten at Old Towne for the last time, after going there maybe 2-3 times on average over the past couple of years. I find myself saying, "Why do I keep coming here?" nearly every time I go these days. The answer is, it's convenient to my home and the prices are reasonable. However, the service and food is definately hit or miss. Recently, my husband & I went for lunch and arrived at 11:45. I said, "we're getting in there early, before the crowd, so we can expect attentive service". How wrong I was! We sat nearly 15 minutes before a waitress appeared. We ordered our meals - I asked for the salmon on the specials page and requested that it be cooked 'medium'. I can't gag down overcooked salmon, as it gets 'fishy' and it's dry. She dropped off our plates and ran, never to return until it was time to collect the money. I had pushed my inedible plate to the edge of our table, hoping that SOMEONE would see that I wasn't eating and do something about it! I finally had to stop the woman who seats the patrons, and asked that she send over our waitress. A different waitress came by and I explained that the salmon was not cooked as I had asked. She was polite, for sure; however at this point, husband was done eating his lunch and had to get back to work. This type of thing has happened before at Old Towne, but I am no longer patient with slow service & inattentive wait staff. To be fair, most of the food is good, although I've been served over-cooked, dried out grilled chicken on top of a salad more often than a decently cooked piece. And don't asked for anything 'blackened' - to them, cooking the food till it resembles a piece of charcoal is their idea of blackening. Ridiculous, when the owner's son Dean is a culinary school graduate. If you are lucky enough to dine there when Dean's on the premises, you'll likely get a well-cooked delicious meal.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Epping, New Hampshire
“Dry, bland”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went here for a group meal and just overall a horrible food experience. Got the chicken souvlaki and it was awful. The chicken was dry and the pita was hard. Lettuce was soggy.

My SO ordered the fish and chips and they were just soggy.

The only reason I gave them 2 stars was because the service was good and attentive. Too bad the food isn't up to par.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere