“Lost items” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn and Suites

You added Quality Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn and Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   395 Winsted Road, Torrington, CT 06790 (Formerly Torrington Days Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Torrington
Torrington
“Lost items”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I forgot a few items and called back later that day and was told they didn't find anything or that it wasn't turned in by maintainance. I feel they didn't put much effort into helping me. Very disappointed

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

It seems that people always have time to complain about even the most trivial of issues; but, never have the time to give thanks for a job well done. I live in Massachusetts; however, my business often takes me to the Torrington Connecticut area. Over the years I believe that I have stayed just about everywhere rooms are available in Torrington and the surrounding area. If I have a choice I always prefer to stay at the Torrington Quality Inn. The staff have created a welcoming and friendly atmosphere that is a home away from home. Your service and rooms have consistently exceeded expectations. I know how hard it is to get it right every time. So I send my congratulations to the staff for a job well done!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
New Britain, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

man, what a great stay rooms were great staff went over and beyond the call of duty!!!
I would stay again!!!
My family and I were in town because of a death in the family and the staff signed a card for us when we checked in it was soooo sweet of them

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hedgesville, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Where do I start? Why doesn't the home office send someone to this place incognito? I've stayed here before out of necessity, and it just gets worse and worse. It wasn't a busy weekend, yet my room was far on the top floor, and at my age, lugging luggage is no fun. BUT I SHOULD HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER LOCATION SO I DON'T COUNT THIS. However, at the top of the stairs, on the outside walkway, the immediate corner, the rug is ripped and bunched and frozen in a bad shape. Sure enough, major storm the next morning, covering that spot, and if someone didn't know it was there, they'd trip and go right over the railing.
After checking in, I went back to the lobby to get toiletries as there were 3 of us in the room and only enough of everything for 1. I wanted a coffee but there were no cups. Lady said, I have to go "over there to get them," yet did not. I went back to my room to make some in the room pot, and oh, gross, there was dried up coffee in the pot and dried up filter and grounds in the top of the maker. The bathroom floor was dirty, though everything else was very clean in there. But I mean the floor was dirty! The rug was dirty. Opened the bedside drawer to get the phone book and there was a clump of hair in there, a clump as if someone had cleaned out a brush and tossed it in there. There were spots all over one of the bedspreads. I always remove the bedspreads in a motel, but when I did, I saw there were no blankets as advertised. No, no soft blankets like noted on the card on the bed about the linens. It was cold and late and I didn't want to walk over just to be told they didn't have them handy.
Breakfast...I wrote after my last stay how pathetic the breakfast is in this place, and it has gotten worse. The door lock is broken and the keys don't work, and I knocked and knocked on that door before another guest finally let us in. When the girl who works there left (never did come back while we were there), she had to leave the door propped open. Darn it was cold with that storm. The few pieces of scrawny bacon were sunk in inches of grease. Not an exaggeration, and cooked to inedible. The boiled egg bin was empty. There were no plastic knives for cutting the sausage patties or for spreading the butter on toast! "We're out of them." Worse was the hot water. After a few pumps it finally came out and sitting in the bottom of the cup were coffee grounds, and chunks of what appeared to be fungus. In the hot water!
This stay came at the end of a week of motel stays. I had just come from one of those old-timey roadside places that generally cost little and offer less. And yet, at that place I had a flat screen TV that worked, amazing wireless service, and a microwave and refrigerator.
This place had the worst wireless, could not stay connected, poor tv quality, and no micro and fridge, which is actually getting pretty standard in even the cheapest of places.
This place is ruining the Choice Hotel name. While this year has been slow for me, I generally stay in motels frequently, and never hesitate to stay in one of them. Except here. It is a dump, and a total waste of the points I paid to stay here. Oh, yes, I do have pictures, esp. of that hair and the fungus in the water.
And, maybe, just maybe, if the lobby workers didn't have their kids there during the day, maybe they could spend some time doing their jobs and checking that others do.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Qinnttorrington, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2014
To Whom it may concern,

Thank you fot taking time to complete our onlione survey regarding you recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for stayinh with the Quality Inn Torrington, CT. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to tell the staff what a wonderful job they are doing.

Warren Pollard
GM Quality Inn Torrington, CT.

Travelers are raving about these Torrington hotels

Eliot, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Latest visit, Rollaway bed had a dirty diaper left in it. TV, phone and heat did not work. We have stayed at this hotel 8 times in the last year. There has been one good stay. Some highlights. Thong underwear left in the bathroom, condoms in the bedroom drawer, 1 towel for 5 people, trash left on floor, no toilet paper, etc. We have stayed here as we have family in Winsted and this hotel can handle a family of 5. No more, after last visit. We will drive the extra 20 minutes. Manager was rude about condition of room. I almost think that we complain about these things to get a discount. I would gladly pay a premium rate to have a stay were I do not have to go to the front desk to get things fixed!!! If you stay here you have been warned.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bethesda, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My 10 year old daughter and I stayed at this hotel the night before a local dance competition. Check in was extremely slow due to a number of unhappy guests in line at the reservation desk. We overheard several unfortunate problems: no pillows in the room, television not working (more than one room), no roll out bed that had been pre- reserved online, foul odor in the room. The gentleman at the desk self-identified as a "glorified cashier" without the ability to help. When we finally reached the desk, we were assigned a room on the first floor. A large double window overlooked the parking lot, where groups of young people were laughing, walking and drinking in some cases. The curtain on the window was too small, which meant my daughter and I and our belongings would be on display to passersby. I did my best to hang my robe over the exposed part of the window but our security was a concern all night. The room reeked of cigarettes. The bedroom floor had food wrappers and crumbs on it. There were broken tiles piled in the corner of the bathroom, which had no tissues. TV did not work. Given our experience at the front desk, we decided to just hunker down for the night and be grateful our room had bedding. Breakfast was served in a room with half-carpet and half-panel flooring. We observed three people trip over the bump where the carpet ended, including a girl who hurt her nose pretty badly - on the morning she was supposed to dance! Coffee was undrinkable. Highly recomnend going to next door diner or dunkin donuts instead. Overall, this Quality Inn was one of the worst hotels we have ever experienced. But it was inexpensive and one of only a few hotels in this area, so there is not a lot to choose from. If you do have to stay here, ask for the second floor and come prepared with paper products, your own bedding, air freshener, and all of your patience.

• Stayed October 2013
Augusta, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Worst hotel I’ve ever stayed at. Hotel was overbooked so the room we reserved w/ 2 double beds was unavailable. We were given a suite w/ a king bed, this was supposedly an upgrade. NOT! As we were a family of 4 we requested a roll a way bed for one of the kids. Was told they would send it right up. A half hour later we had to leave for an event so we called the front desk and told them to just put it inside the room. Called back an hour later to see if it had been delivered and was told it was in the room. When we returned from our event at 10:00pm, there was no roll a way bed. My husband had to go down to the front desk and get it himself. The room was filthy. When we checked the couch to see if it turned in to a bed there were potato chip crumbs and dirt underneath the cushions. The bathroom was dirty, the toilet paper holder was missing. The TV’s looked to be 25 years old. There were no remotes for either TV. The TV in the bedroom was stuck on the History channel. We’ll never go back there again. It’s too bad because this hotel is really convenient to family in the area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!