“Terrible service and food” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Terryville, Connecticut
“Terrible service and food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

good in the past...Last night was terrible...3-1-13. Crispy chicken was dry and over cooked. Waitress forgot my beer and was MIA during dinner. Never got a coffee refill. Took home dessert, wrong ones. BIG thumb print in the middle of it.GROSS!!!! She actually joked..."you had vegetables and mashed potato for dinner!!! yummy!" Almost charged us for beer, as I was putting my jacket on, she asked me if I still wanted the beer! SOOOOO sad!

• Visited March 2013

Thomaston, Connecticut
“Nice hometown restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Have been here many times and the food is always good. In the past they have had great, fun specials but lately their creativity has slipped. It is still a nice small town restaurant with good food.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
conneticut
“going downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Just came back from Black rock tavern resturant, i have been there before and enjoyed my dinner, but the last two meals at this establishmen have been sub par. Tonights meal was worst,service was slow, soup was luke warm, steak had no tast and was tough. I dont't like rsturants that are not consistant,won't be back for a while if at all.

naugatuck,ct
“Not very impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I had my birthday party at this restaurant and was not very pleased with price or service. We were put in a corner at a long table with very little ventilation and it was way too warm. The server kept forgetting stuff we ordered and the food wasnt all that good. I had a very fatty piece of prime rib which was not very tasty and one person didnt even get their dinner and when they did it was the wrong one. The prices were way to high and even tho we made it a fun night cause the company was great, the restaurant wasnt. I doubt I will ever return.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northbridge, Massachusetts
“Had Higher Hopes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I think this is more or less a place locals congregate. I was disappointed in the atmosphere, drab and damp. There was a distinct smell of stale cigarette smoke in the dining room. I almost didn't want to stay. This restaurant was converted from an old bar/out-dated restaurant to the current establishment. I imagine that is where the smell emerged from on a damp September evening.

The menu was varied except one page was missing from my menu. I brought it my servers attention, she said "oh well we are changing the menu next week" OK?........

My friend ordered eggplant lasagna when it arrived there was literally one round disk (eggplant slice) covered with sauce, that's it no pasta, nothing just one piece of eggplant. Strange.

I ordered a dinner salad nothing good or bad. The service was decent. Not sure I would hurry back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere