“A great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites

You added Quality Suites to your Saves list
Quality Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 South Avenue, Stratford, CT 06615 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
York, Pennsylvania
“A great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times and will continue to go back. The hotel staff is always friendly and helpful and this is probably the cleanest hotel in it's class I've ever stayed in. The rooms are all up to date and the beds are extremely comfortable. The breakfast has a great selection of items and the wifi is strong. I really can't say enough good things about this hotel. I especially like the funky decor in the lobby.
The only reason I didn't give it a 5/5 is because of the location. While it's extremely convenient off of I-95 there are no restaurants close by. Not really their fault.
I'm very much looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Old Westbury, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I was driving on 95 and saw their billbord and took their exit. When I got to the hotel I was impressed. The staff was very hospitable and the room was both clean and spacious. Finding a nice place to grab a quick bite was easy with all the great places near the hotel and with the suggestions of the staff. Try Knapp's Landing for fresh seafood. The breakfast in the morning was nice as well. It was included in the price which is hard to come by today. The wifi was fast and easy to log on to as well. Overall it was a pleasant stay and I'll be coming back here if I'm stopping in Connecticut again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Pleasant Hill, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed at Comfort Suites because I had a interview close to the hotel. I never write reviews but I had to write one for this hotel because I was so impressed by the friendliness and hospitality of the staff. The manager of the hotel was very helpful and nice and I enjoyed my stay because of this. He even offered to drive a few of us that were interviewing to the train station in the hotel shuttle. The rooms were standard and nothing to complain about. I recommend this place to others.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

#rd time for my wife and me staying at the Stratford Comfort while visiting Sacred Heart University in Fairfield. The reason we stay here? Price, easy on and off I95, it's clean, rooms are nice size and layout, beds are comfortable, shower head is high (I'm 6'2") plenty of hot water, and most of all... the staff is super friendly and helpful.

Yeah, if you stay on the highway side you're gonna hear cars... ask for a parking lot side room. Breakfast is OK... the "Bold" coffee dispenser is the way to go. Lots of people were going for seconds on the make 'em yourself waffles. Eggs were eggbeater type, sausages were large patties and were actually pretty good. Afterall, it's a free breakfast.

We struck up conversation with one of the ladies at the front desk who hailed from the Bronx and being a fan of Arthur Avenue I mentioned it to her and she directed us to make a left out of the parking lot, go until the road ends (~3/4 mi), turn left, go to the first light (~.25 mi) and Gaetanos of Arthur Ave, Bronx is on the right by the light. Awesome italian delicasies, bread, sandwiches, cheeses, etc. Go there for lunch!

We will be returning to the Stratford Comfort Suites whenever we visit our daughter at SHU.

Room Tip: For a quiter room, ask for a parking side room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hampden, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We recently stayed here while attending a hockey tournament in Bridgeport. The desk staff was friendly and knowledgeable. TV reception left a lot to be desired as did the computer connection. The room was large, clean and comfortable, with the exception of the limited hot water in the shower. The breakfast on Saturday 3/24 was poor to nonexistent, the attendant was not in attendance.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Convenient hotel location off the freeway exit; residential area. Reasonable rates for northeastern quadrant. Clean but not spotless. No flatscreen TV. Computer in lobby is slow. Creaky hallway floors & squeaky flooring in some parts of our room as well. Big red stain (approx 10" diameter) in room carpet, like grape juice or wine spill. Time for carpet shampooing. Pleasant & bright lobby decor. Basic breakfast with waffles. I've been to a few Comfort Suites and they feel like higher end hotels, but I have mixed feelings about this one. It's not that bad and it's not that great either... overall, just O.K....

Room Tip: Ask for room far away from squeaky floors.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
N Dartmouth MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

We booked this hotel for our stay before and after our visit to NYC. The lobby was really nice and the front desk staff seemed friendly. We were given a room on the third floor in the back of the hotel as requested. The hotel was really quiet, people wise. There weren't many staying there. Our room was a little worn and it wasn't as clean as I hoped it would be. The beds were really comfortable. The tv was the worst. It was something out of the 80's with horrible color. In this day and age with flat screens being so cheap it's unbelievable to have a tv like we did. Not that we were there watching it much. My sister was in a room next door and her tv was the same. When they say this hotel is close to the highway, they really mean it. Good thing we had a room in the back. We didn't hear any traffic noise. What both my husband and I heard was a weird vibration noise all night. We think it was coming for the heating units in the other rooms. Really annoying.
Breakfast was okay. Waffles, bagels, toast, fruit, yogurt. They did have eggs and sausage one morning, ham the next.
All in all it was an okay hotel for the price we paid. Would I stay here again? Probably, if I could get it at the right price. It wasn't terrible, they just need to do some updating.

Room Tip: Ask foir a room in the back.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!