“Nice Stay but watch out for interstate noise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites

You added Quality Suites to your Saves list
Quality Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 South Avenue, Stratford, CT 06615 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
Greenfield, IN
“Nice Stay but watch out for interstate noise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

This is a very nice hotel. Room was clean, beds comfortable and friendly staff. The only complaint I had was being so close to interstate. Luckily I had brought along a fan as we sleep with one every night so this blocked out the noise of the cars and trucks passing by. I also did not notice it if tv was on. I could still here it but just slightly with the fan going. I would recommend asking for a room on the front side of the hotel away from the interstate, it would probably be more quiet. If we had not had this fan I don't think I would have been able to sleep. Our window was probably only about 200 feet from the road. I would stay here again but ask for a room toward the front instead of one by the road. It is very convenient if you are visiting the NYC area since it is so close to interstate.

Room Tip: Ask for side not by the interstate.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Clinton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Karen registered me for the Carr Family Reunion. She was a pleasure to work with and I will ask for her any time I am staying at the Comfort Suites, in Stratford CT. She is an outstanding worker and should be praised for her service. Kudos-- goes out to her. The room was really spacious and lovely; it was more like an efficiency apartment with lots of room. I did not like it that we could not bring our breakfast back to the room, yet we saw other customers on elevators taking breakfast back to thier rooms. Other than that everything else was lovely plus-- my sister lives right down the street where we had our first evening cookout. "My stay in Comfort Suites in Stratford, CT was fabulous-- we will be back....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
tincat2, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
Dear Gail,

Thank you for your kind words. It not only was a pleasure finally meeting you, but working with you over the phone for several months before in setting up the stay for you and your guests.
I hope you come back soon!

Karen
Crisfield, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

From Tiffany's hospitality at the front desk to the cleanliness and decor the lobby, lounge, breakfast room and the "suite" which (showed the skilled hand of an interior decorator with a budget to work with) we'd judge this a verrry nice place to stay. After spending 70+ nights in Comfort Inns/Suites in the past 6 months we'd put this property at the top of the list of good places to stay. Aside from wishing they'd spring for a little higher wattage bulbs in the bedside lamps we wouldn't change a thing. The swimming pool is small but there is one (an issue when you are traveling in July). Breakfast was typical Comfort Inn/Suites fare. Nothing special but the buffet table was restocked constantly so nothing ran low (or out). A little hard to find -- good thing we put the address in our navigator or we probably wouldn't have found it -- but very easy access to the Connecticut turnpike (I-95) in the morning. The best part was the coupon in the tourist information lodging publication for $69 for a room for the night made this a super bargain. Try it. You'll like it.

Room Tip: For the best room at the best price pick up a lodging guide at a tourist information station and loo...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Dear drmartie,

Thank you for your kind words both about Tiffany and "putting us at the top of your list for good places to stay. Our entire staff, whether they work the front desk, do housekeeping or maintenance, work very hard to assure your stay is a pleasant one.
We hope to have you back another time.
Karen
Fort Mill, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We stayed here due to having to be close to Yale-New Haven Hospital. It is right off of 95 in a safe location. The hotel is modern, clean and we would return.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
whitehaven
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

I went to business trip book hotel for 2 weeks . after 2 days owner came to hotel stop me in the lobby mention to me my room rate is going to change because there ADR( average daily rate) is going to be down if they keep the price same i booked in advance. so we agreed different price then 3 days later is changed again the price . any body going for subway training don't stay in comfort suites best place to stay fairfield inn & suites or somewhere besides this hotel. very rude & abnoxius management.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
tincat2, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Dear Best Value,
We are sorry for the discrepancy, however, as you mention, you booked these rooms for a business trip at Subway and, under the disguise of being an employee of Choice Hotels. When we met with you to explain that Choice does not allow these extremely low "employee" rates to be used for business and are for leisure travel only, you admitted to us that you were not aware because you aren't an employee of Choice, a friend is. Even though we have an already low rate in place for those taking the classes at Subway, we still offered you a much lower rate and truthfully do not understand why you would then turn around to write such a review. You were not only dishonest in booking under the employee rate for a business trip, but worse, for not even being an employee of any Choice Hotel.
I am sorry we could not keep the rate, but seeing you each morning in our breakfast room, you seemed to be enjoying your stay.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I found a double charge on my AMEX. I checked in one night only - sleeping only. The hotel was very nice but when I called to say that there were two charges for one room the front desk girl, Maria, said, about 12 times, you may have been only one person but you booked two rooms. I had just dropped in off the highway - no booking. I had to tell her over and over that I was one person! She said the manager, Mike Patel, would get back to me on Sunday & she did not have his email address. Maria had no email. I fly overseas on Sunday & will not be here. I tried this way bec the Ame site says go to vendor first as it is quickest. I just got palpitations trying to get through to Maria that I was one person and would not need 2 rooms. How could I sleep in 2 rooms? So frustrating and unbelievable that the Manager will not be available from Friday until Sunday. A very nicely appointed hotel but it needs to seriously review the way it handles issue like a double charge - which I have never had before but which I thought would be quickly rectified. I have one receipt! Sorry to go on but it sure spoiled my experience....

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear Singulair of Massachusetts,
Not only I, but also Mike Patel, is very sorry for the inconvenience this caused you. Mike informed me this matter was taken care of, however, it should not have happened. If for any reason a manager or owner is not on property our front desk staff knows to call Mike 24 hours a day if a situation needs resolving.
With all of your frustration, thank you for still taking the time to compliment our hotel as we do work diligently to make sure every guest has an enjoyable visit.
I hope we have the opportunity to show you that at a future time.
Best Regards,
Karen, Director of Sales
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

We were on the road late and were happy to find this hotel right off of 95. Mr Patel was so friendly and the lady at the desk was very helpful as well. The room was clean although the carpet could use an update. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!