“Home Away from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
Atlanta, Georgia
“Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I totally enjoyed my stay at Homewood Suites. The staff made me feel at home The meals offered were hot and full of variety. The rooms offered everything that could be desired for an extended stay. All of the little extras offered made my stay enjoyable.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

LViz, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you Trip Advisor Member! When you stay with us, you are at home and a part of our family! Sharing these reviews with our Team makes them happy to know our guests are happy, which is what each and every one of them truly wants. We appreciate you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
New Orleans, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Convenient location- next to Merritt Parkway near I-95. Clean, cozy. They upgraded me to a King 1 bedroom so I had a small apartment for the 2 nights I stayed there. They have a nice outdoor patio area next to the dining area with tables and chairs.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you Natalie G! Many people that work in the Shelton/Trumbull/Bridgeport area view us as too far away when in fact our location is very convenient to all the surrounding towns, and from your description, well worth experiencing! We appreciate your support!
Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We recently moved from NS, Canada to Stratford, CT and stayed at the Homewood suites for almost 2 weeks, while waiting for our furniture to arrive. We had a suite, which was like a small cottage . . .queen bed, office, dinning area, kitchen and livingroom. Everything we needed. Besides the excellent room, every morning there was an awesome breakfast available, fruit, yogurt, eggs, bacon, waffles, toast, porriage, croisants, juice, milk, etc etc. And supper is available Mon-Thurs, free of charge and free wine or beer !! I have never heard of this at any other hotel. We had to use the business office several times, had access to computers, fax machine, printer. There is a gym, indoor pool and laundry room (coin laundry). There is a large deck with lounge chairs and patio furniture if you want to eat outside and 2 barbeques if you want to cook your own steak, hamburgers, hot dogs.
The staff are friendly, courteous, and hard working, the facilities are clean and there is always fresh lemonade or punch and nibble food at the front desk.

Room Tip: Suite is nice and big if you have more than 2 people in your party. There is a hide a bed in the li...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Patti P, Welcome home! I could not describe what we provide better! Thank you for your wonderful review and now that you are in your new home, make sure you stop in to visit us, you are always welcome!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Over a 5 week business trip, I stayed at 5 different hotels. This was definitely one I didn't want to leave. My room was a really nice size and actually felt like an apartment, which is a pretty awesome feeling when you are away from home for so long! I immediately went shopping to fill the fridge for the duration of my trip, kicked my feet up on the couch to watch TV and relaxed. It was also a very comfortable space to work.

The complimentary breakfasts and dinners (yes! dinners!) were the best in my experience, and the staff there couldn't have been more helpful. I wish I remembered the woman's name who came around asking if everything was ok, if there was anything we needed, if our rooms are ok, etc. When is the last time someone on the hotel staff asked you those questions, and more than once!?

A coworker and I even got to sit out on the patio one night and enjoy the outdoor space. Great hotel, would highly recommend to anyone who needs an extended stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear JessicaB, we did not want you to leave either! We understand how difficult it is for our guests to be on the road so often so I am happy you felt like you were at home here! We enjoy growing our family and look forward to your next viist!
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

A great place to stay when in the Stratford/Shelton, CT area. The entire staff are friendly and always trying to make this your best stay. Great breakfast & a lite dinner is always a plus. I highly recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear PeterJ08, Thank you for your positive reviews! We do try very hard to be the best hotel in the Stratford/Shelton area as we have the best people staying with us! Hope we'll see you again soon, you are missed!
San Mateo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I got lost on my way to this hotel; in a parking lot without a smartphone, I called for directions and the front desk clerk got directions for me and got me to the hotel without any other problems. That was excellent customer service. My room was clean and cool - outside was hot and humid - and my bed was comfortable. Breakfast on a Sunday morning was very busy, but there was plenty to choose from and clean plates, mugs and forks.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you Anne S! We are grateful that you arrived safely and had a comfortable place to enjoy!
Edgewater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

What a nice hotel. The suites are large and comfortable. They serve a very nice breakfast and a wonderful "happy hour" . A beautiful deck is where you can dine outside. The location is perfect to major Connecticut cities. We needed to change rooms to be more accessible to the front desk as we were traveling with an elderly person snd they accomodated our request. We enjoyed our stay and will look to stay in more Homewood Suites on future trips.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford? Share your experiences!