“Pleasantly Surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
Long Island, New York
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We booked last minute to break up a long trip. We arrived after 8 PM, tired and a little cranky! We were greeted by name, thanked for being Hilton Honors members and directed to a complimentary coffee set-up in the lobby. Check-in took no more than 1 minute. The suite was large, separate bedroom, complete kitchenette and comfortable living room. Bed was comfy, toiletries included Neutrogina, my favorite. Room rate included a hot breakfast which was good enough to get us back on the road. On the drive out we saw a very pretty indoor pool with lots of families swimming. The rate was very reasonable. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a 3rd floor room (which is really the second floor.) ground floor room are right on the par...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I personally travel CT as part of my sales coverage area....This Hotel is a great place to stay both with location and offerings to the business or personal traveler....the dinners are great and change nightly...everything from Pizza night to comfort foods like meat loaf and mashed potatoes all are delicious!.....You will be handled by a friendly staff throughout the hotel including the very personable GM who makes her morning rounds greeting guests in a warm and smiling way! I like the Hilton properties, the Homewood in particular, but this hotel sets the standard to which others are measured and in my opinion keeps the bar of excellence in it's lofty position thoughout Hilton.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We travel to Ct frequently to visit family. occasionally we need to stay in a hotel and this is always our top choice. It is a great location. The rooms are spacious. A double with the living area and kitchen are perfect for 4 adults. The rooms are always clean and smell wonderful when you walk in. The beds are comfortable, staff very helpful, pool, jacuzzi, exercise room and a very good breakfast are all great. But the biggest plus in our family is that they are pet friendly. Sometimes we need to bring the dog. That being said, you would never know there have been animal in any of the rooms. Love to stay here.

Room Tip: Breakfast is on the upper level center. Pool and exercise room on frontside center lower level. Lo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
cary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Transferred to this hotel after my team told me how confortable it was. Snuck over for the free dinner with the team and immediately cancelled my other hotel and booked this one after the dinner and seeing how nice the rooms were. Nice sized suites and rooms. Matress, sheets and blankets are very comfortable. The rooms so far have been pretty quiet - you can barely hear other people in bathrooms and showers, this is much worse at all other hotels I've been to. Gym - comporable to most. Pool - saw but did not use. Cleaning sevice - good. Front desk staff - good. Breakfast - great. Dinner - great. Free wine and beer - great. Location - fair because of being across from the Sikorsky helicopter plant and is difficult hitting the light just right to enter when coming from the south. OVERALL: EXCELLENT!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Glen Ridge, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We have stayed in many Homewood Suites and have always been pleased. But our recent long weekend at the hotel in Stratford was far beyond our expectations. We were a group of nine people traveling for the Princeton vs Yale football game and had made arrangements through their Sales Office to hopefully have our rooms located near each other as we were planning a Friday evening gathering in one of the two-bedroom suites.

The hotel was FULLY booked, as many of the guests had been displaced from their homes due to the horrible effects of Hurricane Sandy. Even though the staff must have been totally exhausted from the week's activities and dealing with adverse weather conditions, all employees were extremely helpful, gracious and went out of their way to insure the comfort of all guests.

The rooms were immaculate, as was the entire hotel. Considering the number of guests in the hotel, the staff did a magnificent job with the buffet breakfast. Everything was plentiful, and the eating area was extremely neat and clean.

The management of this hotel and its entire staff should be commended on a magnificently run establishment.

Our group had a fabulous time, and will certainly stay there again.

Princeton 1956 Group

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I come to this area frequently, and when I'm not staying with family, I choose a hotel down the road. Everything was sold out this time, and I ended up here. I'm glad I did - and I'll definitely come back. Check-in took about 5 seconds, and they upgraded me to a two-bedroom suite. I was only in town for one night, but the extra space was a welcome change from the tiny hotel rooms I usually end up in. Within a few moments of my having arrived in my room, I received a call from the front desk asking if everything was okay. This is a very comfortable place - the room was spotless, the hotel was quiet, and everything was great. Thanks for a terrific experience - I'll be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

When we lost power with Hurricane Sandy, who knew that 5 nights later I would be enjoying a hotel 30 minutes from home? This hotel which is conveniently located directly off the Merritt Parkway across the street from Sikorsky Aircraft was a delight. While I had only hoped for a warm and comfy bed with a working TV and wifi, I found that the hotel was full of other amenities such as an indoor pool and complimentary breakfast.

Service was great and bed was comfy! Great bedding and big TV too. Never used the efficiency kitchen, but was handy too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford? Share your experiences!