“Best ever hotel stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Windsor, Connecticut
“Best ever hotel stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

The Staff at the Homewood Suites in Stratford, CT are ultimately the best hotel "family" I have ever experienced. I travel for work and I am away from home for several months at a time. I have stayed at many different chains and at many different "Hiltons", in many different state and there has never been any that treated me like "family", like they have. I spent just over 90 days here and everyday was as equally as good as the last. From the Management Staff right down the line to Kitchen and Housekeeping, they always acted professional but treated me like I was part of their "family". I hated to leave my "Family" here in Stratford, but my work again takes me else where......but these people, this Hotel, this "Family" of new friends I have made, will always remain in my memory and in my heart......I hope one day, my work brings me back to these great people that I have come to know and love. Thank you Homewood Suites in Stratford, CT.....your the best ever!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I stayed in a studio suite for three weeks during a business trip to nearby Fairfield, and it was one of the most enjoyable stays on business.

The hotel is easy to find but secluded, with very little noise. ample and spacious parking area right in front of the entrance.

The staff at this place were very friendly, helpful and always smiling. It was my first visit to Connecticut, and they were extremely helpful about the local area, where to go out/eat. They recognized the guests, and since I told them i was expecting post, every time i came back in the evening, they would let me know if there was anything for me on that day.

Depending on what you're used to and prefer, the interior design can appear a little country-house, and the color schemes dated, but it felt homely and everything was in good condition and clean.
There was a tiny shop in a room next to the reception, with a variety of sweet and savory snacks, few cheeses and cold meats, some frozen dinners and toiletries you may have forgotten to bring.

In addition to the big and comfortable bed, the studios have roomy living areas with a pull-out sofa and a fully equipped kitchen. The TV was set-up with a good swivel tray and could be easily watched from the bed and the sofa.
With no time to buy supplies, and a wide variety of menus for local delivery services, I only used the kitchen to make tea/coffee as well as cook once, but all the basics I could imagine needing were there.

Each morning the breakfast variety was good, and replenished quickly. The housekeeping cleaned and straightened the room very well each night, and on the occasions when I met and spoke with them, they were extremely courteous and helpful. The dry cleaning was prompt and reasonable priced, and the in-house laundry facilities sufficient to do your own clothes washing.

The whirlpool had a nice large-window view over an outdoor terrace, and the surrounding area. The gym was well equipped and although not too big, comfortable for few people to exercise at once.

Other colleagues on the same trip stayed in 1 bedroom suites, which were a little more spacious and separated the bedroom / bathroom area from the kitchen and the living area with a door - a little more privacy if you're having visitors and especially for overnight visitors staying on the pull-out couch.

The only thing that would have made this place more comfortable would be a restaurant with room service at night, but it's not that kind of hotel, and there are plenty of restaurants and take-aways near by.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for any duration of stay, but particularly if you're looking for a comfortable place for longer stays.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

The Homewood Suites in Stratford (exit 53 off the Merritt Parkway) is my new stopping place to break up the long drive from DC to Western Mass and Vermont. It's up a small hill which puts it far enough from the road to be separate yet close enough to be convenient. We stayed there the end of January (I'm kind of behind in my reviews).

The hotel is recently remodeled (or perhaps it's relatively new) and feels modern and fresh. It is definitely comfortable. I had prevously stayed once in the Homewood Suite a few exits South in Norfolk and it was so worn that I avoided Homesuites for 2 years. However, I was tired and needed a break so I tried this Stratford location and I'm glad I did.

Each suite has a living room with adjoining kitchenette and bedroom. The rooms were not overly spacious but they were large enough to be comfortable and had me thinking how well the architect had used the space.

The two rooms share a central air handler in a closet with a remote compressor so you have some fan noise but no compressor - still much better than the noisy wall units that so many hotels have (even modern hotels) that cycle on and off all night.

It had one of the larger pools I've seen for a hotel but the exercise room was limited with I believe a treadmill and bicycle and perhaps a stairclimber.

The price was amazingly reasonable for a suite.

The staff were notably friendly. We missed the hotel breakfast, but they directed us to the Riverdale diner up the road (north) a couple of miles and it was definitely worth it for the home-cooked food.

Room Tip: As with most hotels, get away from the main elevator.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Shelton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for over ten months due to a house fire. The front staff was extremely friendly and courteous, especially Charlie, Richard, Valerie and Brian. Shalonda, was a pleasure to get to know, very helpful and always there to make sure your stay is the best possible. Linda and Greg were excellent managers, always making sure my family and I were happy and enjoying our stay. Both of them went above and beyond during Christmas time, allowing my extended family to come and enjoy a Christmas meal in one of their halls. The maintenance people were always helpful, my six year old nephew would always call Bob, the nice man and Ed was an outstanding employee especially during the winter storm power outage and small hurricane we experienced months ago. The housekeeping staff was nice and helpful especially Beata. The rooms my parents and I stayed in were awesome. I loved the bed there!!! Business Center was very helpful and they have a great pool and relaxing jacuzzi. The fitness center is perfect and allows you to get a great workout in. I will miss this hotel and will definitely be by to visit or to escape for the day and spend a night or two at this hotel. You will not be disappointed staying at this hotel. Once again thank you all for everything!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

This was a very very nice hotel. The staff was very friendly. The staff was extremely helpful. We left behind in our room a "pointer" for use with an Iphone or Ipad. We called late in the day we check we had checked out, and asked if they found it, and could they send it to us (we live in South Carolina). They said they would. Based on the postmark, they sent it the next day, but it was returned by the Post Office because the envelope and it contents (the pointer) didn't meet Postal requirements. The hotel then sent the pointer via UPS. We are extremely grateful for their perseverance. Many thanks to the hotel staff, and Hilton.

Room Tip: The staff was very accommodating in placing our room next to our other family member rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I had to stay in this hotel just because the cheap company that I now work for has this as a preferred hotel in the area.

Upon arrival I have figured out that they didn't even bothered to flush the remainings of previos guest diharrea from the toilet.

Bedrooms are small. Only queen size beds in 2-bedroom suites. There are no exaust fans in bathrooms, so you have to breath all miasms all night long.

Their so called "complimentary light dinner" is a joke. It's just salad, bread and beans. No meat at all.

16.9 fl. oz. bottle of crappy Dasani water there is $2!!!

For the room price starting at $160 this seems to be ridiculous.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

ALL Management and staff members at Homewood Stratford has gone out of their way to make us feel at home while we are away from our homes. All staff personnel have been professional and courteous in their attitudes, expert knowledge, and patience in handling some of our specific issues and have made us feel very important to our complete customer satisfaction.
We plan on an extended stay here at Homewood to assist with our work during the Storm Irene and the snow storm which affected the community with public assistance from FEMA in assisting applicants in the surrounding area. Management personnel have ensured our team and other members of our FEMA team receive the best service and continued service at the best rates. Our FEMA team are deeply appreciative of all the assistance and support from the Stratford Homewood team . We feel that all management and staff personnel have treated our issues or situations with the utmost importance.
In the past, we have had excellent service at other Hilton Honors hotels, but Stratford Homewood has been exceptional and has gone far beyond what we expected. We will continue to use Homewood Suites in our travels if there is one around our future disaster deployments. We plan on passing our excellent stay here to others that may be directed here.
Staff members have gone above and beyond their duties by arranging the most memoriable tour to the Sikrosky Aircraft Plant in Stratford.

Thank you very much for making our extended stay great.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor in the back are quite and have great parking availability. Close to the work...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford? Share your experiences!