“Urban Chic in Downtown Storrs” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Storrs
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Geno's Grille is proud to be a part of the newly crafted Storrs Center located steps from the University of Connecticut campus. With indoor and outdoor seating for over 100 people and a menu featuring varied American fare, Geno's Grille is the perfect gathering spot that combines family, friends, food and fun.
Storrs, CT
“Urban Chic in Downtown Storrs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The atmosphere is upscale urban...I don't feel like I am in Storrs anymore.
The food is well crafted with some of Geno's family recipes included. The plates are well presented, and the service is by young but attentive college students.
An unusual mix of entre selections will keep me coming back.
The need a happy hour beverage and snack menu.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Amston, Connecticut
“Champion of Italian dining, too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

On my first visit to Geno's, I was impressed immediately as I walked into the restaurant. It is a welcoming atmosphere with the host greeting you promptly. Clean, comfortable and friendly. I met my friend there and we ordered a glass of wine each while we looked over the menu. We decided to order appetizers to share. We had the Calamari, the meatballs, and a Crostini dish. From presentation to taste, it was all divine. The calamari was fried delicately and crispy, accompanied by garlic aioli. The meatballs were large and just melt in your mouth delicious. I am so fussy about trying meatballs anywhere! I just knew these would be top notch, and they are. The Crostini had prosciutto, fava beans, olive oil, shaved parmesan and mint. I look forward to returning and I plan to try everything on that menu eventually. Tutti e buon!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Another Champion in Storrs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised when we visited Geno's Grille. The service staff was engaging and knowledeable. The food was perfect. Lunch portions were just enough. The meatballs were better than grandma's. A nice selection of wines and many beer favorites on tap, as well as in bottles. Looking forward to another trip to Storrs

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Avon, CT
“Finally some great good in Storrs!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

It was a pleasure to eat at this new restaurant in Storrs right near UConn. Tasty Italian in an upbeat setting. Good sized portions. I had Bronzino fish with potatoes and asparagus. Husband had shrimp and mussels in a delicious sauce. Friend had great gnocchi. Absolutely enormous chocolate cake, tasty panne cotta and great tiramisu. Reasonable prices and nice help staff. Could become an institution.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere