“Great Bar and bistro food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Stonington,CT
“Great Bar and bistro food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Love it, think summer plaids, set in a boatyard on Stonington harbor with a hopping atmosphere. Great lobster salad on a salad. Fun desserts, fun wine. Not gourmet, but great solid food, best after a sail when you tie up your dinghy at the dock....Fun experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

MA
“Nice lunch on a beautiful day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Staying nearby and decided to check out the Dog Watch Café because it was a beautiful day and we wanted waterfront dining. Dog Watch fit the bill. As you first come in there's an enclosed porch area and then further in the rest of the dining room. We opted to wait a few minutes for the dining room and I'm glad we did. We had a window front table with a view of the dock. Service was great and food didn't disappoint either.

Started with the calamari which had banana peppers and chorizo. I've never had it with chorizo before and it was so good. For lunch I had the lobster BLT with coleslaw and hubby went with the cod sandwich with fries. My BLT was delicious and the lobster tender and flavorful. Hubby enjoyed his sandwich as well. I'll admit the fries were better than my slaw. I thought the slaw was just meh.

We didn't go over but I noticed out the window they had a bar that ran along the dock with some tables too. That coupled with the firepits out front I could see this being a fun spot to hang out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Great food, good vibe, great view, will keep coming back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I've been here twice in the last two months. Both times the food, view, and service were great. I will go out of may to bring friends here. The fact that you have a view of the bay and are inside a working boatyard make it even cooler. Plenty of parking across the street in the big parking lot.

I would consider this place a 9 out of 10.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Fabulous appetizers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We stopped at the Dog Watch Cafe today just for a drink and few appetizers. It was jammed with people, but we were seated at the bar right away. Our drinks were great, but the clams casino were amazing! They were so fresh and flavorful, I didn't want to share them. The sweet scallops wrapped in bacon came fresh from the scallop boat docked a few blocks away. The clams on the half shell couldn't have been improved upon either. The atmosphere is ocean casual, and the waitstaff were pleasant and attentive. Seating outside overlooking the marina might require a wait of at least 40 minutes. Parking across the street is plentiful. We'll definitely return to this restaurant with friends very soon.

Visited May 2014
Hingham,ma
“DOGWATCH is the place to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

FUN, BEAUTIFUL, GREAT FOLKS, Great Food, Spectacular views of STONINGTON Harbor. Just Go...you'll thank me later!

• Visited April 2014