You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Stamford / New York City to your Saves list
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
A TripAdvisor Member
“Value hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Good hotel.. Great location off I-95 in Stamford, CT.. 2nd time staying here.. Will stay here again.. I use to visit my girlfriend.. Clean.. Comfortable room.. Diner attached to hotel.. Food is good..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Nice location. Very good value. Near I-95 and downtown Stamford. A light breakfast was included but there is also a restaurant on the premises. Rooms were clean and neat. Had some problems with the door key (electronic card) and had to have it re-set several times during a two week stay. Smallish pool and exercise room, but we just walked the area streets for exercise. Definitely one of the better. lower budget, hotel in Stamford.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Stamford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

The people at La Quinta Hotel are very professionals, friendly customer services oriented, go the extra mile to help, pay attention to details efficient,, the rooms are very clean and comfortable. I will definitely, recommend La Quinta.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Garfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have stayed at this La Quinta location more than once. It is very convenient as I travel with my dogs and LQ is a pet-friendly chain. La Quinta is also a BUDGET hotel. Those complaining about little things wrong with their room or the desk person on duty (who is probably the only person working at the hotel after 6pm and is doing everything him/herself) should just go up the road to downtown Stamford and pay a few hundred dollars a night for a more upscale hotel chain that will cater to all their needs. This place is quiet and clean - all you really need as you are not staying at a resort (although they do have an indoor pool which is also clean). The only complaint I have (& the reason for 4 stars instead of 5) is the on-site restaurant. It is supposed to be a diner, but $30 plus tip for one soda, a mediocre sandwich and a hamburger is excessive. If it wasn't snowing out and only 12 degrees, I would have gone somewhere else to eat.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Duxbury, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Pretty simple - beds SEEMED clean, but bathroom not. Dirt on floor just pushed around to the edges, the toilet lid was on backward (I didn't even want to explore why) and not fully set in place, shelf was pulling out of the wall and drooping. Arrived too late to care or complain, and out first thing in the morning, but skipped breakfast based on cleanliness level of room. SO GLAD my wife wasn't with me having extolled the virtues of the great value of LaQuinta. Not here.
Oh, and some kind of arrests going on in the parking lot - nice way to start. Major letdown after previous experiences.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Concord, NH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I suppose I shouldn't complain about this hotel, as I got the room for free with frequent flier miles. I wasn't looking for problems; they just jumped right out at me:

First impression: no elevator at the lobby level?!? I was directed to my room (#101) up two sets of stairs to the first floor! I'd had recent knee surgery, so this was a bit painful. When I got to the first floor, I discovered an ADA elevator; guess I should have said something before tackling the stairs. I later used it to get my luggage up to the room, though there were no instructions how to call or operate it. Luckily, I'm pretty intuitive, so I figured it out.

The room temperature was wildly inconsistent. When I entered, the thermostat was set at 72 but the room was quite cold. I figured it was one of those triggered by movement, so I gave it some time. It did indeed warm up -- VERY warm. Then it would get cold again and heat up again. I was constantly adjusting the thermostat. Also, the front of the heating unit had fallen off, and I couldn't get it back on.

I couldn't find a remote for the TV (checked all the drawers first), so I called the front desk. The receptionist admitted to taking it, and since he couldn't leave the desk, I had to go down and get it. Couldn't get the ADA elevator to respond, so I trekked back down the stairs.

The room had an armoire with hangers and also a panel of wall pegs, one of which was missing, as was one of the drawer pulls on the dresser. No fridge, no microwave.

The toilet seat was very loose -- surely housekeeping would have noticed this when cleaning it? -- and has a silent leak that caused it to refill spontaneously.

The wifi wasn't password-protected, so I didn't use it. I've stayed at other hotels where it was protected and don't understand why it shouldn't be.

Finally, I called the front desk to ask about breakfast hours, and after the 30th ring, I gave up. I did call back later, and it was answered promptly.

I don't generally go looking for trouble, but this time it found me. I can't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Stamford / New York City? Share your experiences!