“Allergy Raiser” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 14 hotels in Stamford
Trinidad
“Allergy Raiser”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Location: Easy access to the 95 and the town of Stamford. Diner located to the front of the Hotel for easy access to lunch and dinner.

General information about the Hotel: Rooms are well equipped with microwave and fridge. Internet access, cable tv. Breakfast included. Adequate parking, very small gym, swimming pool. Do it yourself laundry services. Pets allowed

Positives: Breakfast included in price. Adequate parking and location

Negatives: Inn means truck stop. Truckers park their large trucks near the hotel, taking most of the parking space near the hotel.
Recommendation: Reserve parking for large vehicles to the far end to the car park.

Pets allowed. - Many persons who suffer from allergies are affected.
Recommendation: One or Two levels should be reserved for guests with pets and the main area and elevator should be vacuum at least three times a day.
My kids and other family members that stay at the hotel allergy started on the first day of our stay.

Poolside needs to be more inviting for me to use. Normally i would rush to swim but in this hotel i was not even drawn to the pool.

Gym equipment need to be replaced or repaired and maid services clean in there regularly.

Plumbing: Drainage is slow from the bath tub.

Maid services need to be more efficient. There where bags let in the area outside the elevator for days and no one investigate it until I informed the front desk. Same with the Laundry area. Someone left their clothing on the floor it stayed their for days

Service: Front desk staff service was Ok. Like I say improvement is always needed. The lady attending to guest in the dining area was very helpful and treated everyone like family, well done keep up it up.

Meal: Well what can I say: I was fed and grateful for the convenience.

All in all the hotel served its purpose and the stay was nice. If they heed my recommendations I would return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This was our introduction to La Quinta hotels.....on a road trip that has taken us across Canada from Vancouver BC then down the Eastern seaboard of the US with our 2 dogs. due to the La Quinta, free pet policy thought we would give them a try....(ramada say pet friendly, but insome cases charge more for the dogs than the room cost....friendly "not"). anyhow the La Quinta Stamford, was very close to the highway, nice big clean rooms and had a great walk in rate. arrived late and lady at front was non to friendly, and her drummer friend behind the desk was just strange. Don't hesitate to stay at this hotel as you really do get a good experience....the breakfast was good, the laundry area was dirty so opted not to wash clothes.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the side of the hotel away from the interstate as the highway is loud and busy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have been staying in the hotel in its various incarnations over the past 15 or so years. It used to be a decent and well-run place to stay and still has the great advantage of being attached to the
City Limits Diner, a fine place to eat. After driving many miles, it is a blessing not to have to get in your car again to find a place for dinner. The City Limits Diner is now the only reason for staying at the Stamford La Quinta.

I had been warned by a friend who had stayed there recently that it had become a dreadful place to stay, but thought he was perhaps exaggerating. He was not. The person who checked me in was rude and unsmiling. What happened, I wondered, to the lovely staff people who always remembered me and made me feel at home? Their welcoming smiles have been replaced with surly indifference.

And then there was the room and its musty smell. Worse, a pile of human hair on the bathroom floor, and when I removed a "clean" towel from the rack, I found it was stained with blood.

Never, never again on my trips to the area will I stay in in this dreadful hotel. I will continue to eat at the City Lightts Diner, but I will drive to it from some other hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room in some other hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We have stayed at the LQ in Stamford, Ct. many times over the past 6 years and each stay has been very positive. Service is very goodand the location convienent to business, shopping, and 95.

Don Kuhn

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I visited this hotel on 6/28 and I am still in the room as I am writing this review. Check in was horrible. My daughter is 8 years old and she is in a wheelchair. I called the hotel before coming to ensure that there was an elevator which I as told there was. When we arrived my husband proceeded to put my dauhter in this ADA elevator (that is the name that they have posted on it) which was more like a tiny closet (if you are claustrophobic be ware) and pressed up. There was no help from the young lady posted at the desk. When the elevator did not move he then pressed another button and then went to get the lady at the front desk. She was no help whatsoever and stated that the ADA elevator was not working and that she didnt know what to do for us. She had a very nasty matter of fact attitude and acted as if we were bothering her. Are you kidding? The hotel has two sets of stairs and the ADA elevator takes the person up to the main elevator. It is obvious when the hotel was built no one thought of the impact that this would have. I then asked her for my money back and was told that since I purchased the hotel on priceline there was nothing that she could do. Once again..are you kidding?? It is now 8:30 pm and we have been there for an hour waiting, hoping and praying that the elevator will work. I asked her to call the manager who was not on duty at the time. She reluctantly called the manager and the assistant manager to no avail. There was another lady that came behind the desk at this moment and the lady at the front desk rudely went to the back where I can hear her whispering about the situation. (No professionalism). She then ame back to the front and gave me the blank stare so I asked her to call her manager back or call Priceline and get me my money back so that me and my family can go to another hotel. She rolled her eyes and then she called someone on the phone. The person that she called tried to explain to the front desk clerk how to "fix" the elevator/moving closet. The person on the phone then stated that she would come and fix the elevator. At this time my three year old is going crazy and my eight year old is crying because she needs to eat and take her medication. The front desk clerk tells us that we can got to the breakfast room. I believed at the time she was attempting to be courteous however based on my entire experience I think she wanted us out of the way so she could check in other guests. Now an hour and a half later the ADA elevator is fixed (was a simple fix but the front desk staff is not trained and unprofessional) We only cme o the hotel so that my eight year old could go swimming. Now it is too late to swim and the frustration that we have had to endure has soured everyones mood. I hope that the manager tries to rectify this so that other patrons with disabilities will never have to experience what I did.

The room itself was not dirty however it was not that clean. I woke up feeling like something was crawling on me. We will never stay here again!!!!! I hope that if you are reading this you will take heed and steer clear of his establishment.

Room Tip: If you need a decent room, I suggest going to another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

The service is great. Lolu helps us a lot, she is a very nice person and have great customer service. We went to eat breakfast at 9 15, but everything was cleaned up. Lolu came over gave us muffins and two yogurts. I thank her because we didn't have to spend money for breakfast. The times that I have stayed in la Quinta, she is there to help us. She is a very nice person and hardworker. Thank you Lolu

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Stamford / New York City? Share your experiences!