“Great Meeting Facility” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center

You added Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center to your Saves list
Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 First Stamford Place, Stamford, CT 06902 (Formerly The Westin Stamford)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Meeting Facility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Accommodations were great. Staff very helpful. Excellent place to hold business meetings. Food was delicious. Overall experience was wonderful. Highly recommend for anyone needing a hotel to conduct a business meeting.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
East Meadow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Hilton on 12/13/14 for one evening with the wife. Conveniently located off I95. A right off I95 and then an immediate right and the hotel is at the end of the road. Self parked which was $10 and a short walk to the elevator, one floor to the lobby. the hotel lobby is very pretty and airy and nicely decorated for the holidays.

Our check in process was quick....had a nice room on the 8th of 10 floors. Room was large, very clean with all the amenities ....free wifi as well.

The kind bed was very comfy as were the pillows...but a leather chair showed its age.

Excellent value for a one night layer over in Stamford, CT.

Room Tip: Its a quiet area even if your room happens to face I95
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Bridgeport, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is my second time staying at this hotel and I made the mistake of choosing the wrong day of stay. This was no problem as 2 very kind and understanding employees not only cleared this up but made my stay more enjoyable. I would like to thank them personally for reimbursing me my funds on my own mistake and taking it upon themselves to make my visit more pleasurable. Stephan is an outstanding employee and so is the other female (didnt get her name) and i would recommend this hotel to any of my friends.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stay for business so I had no choice but to be there. The cost-benefit is completely off as is to expensive for what they have to offer The food is bad, no taste Room service take forever, more than 30min for breakfast The services is inconsistent, some people are ok some other wouldn't care about the guests so it was a loterry. Internet can get is slow in the room, connect to cable to make it work faster Location for buisness is ok, next to i-95 The quality of the bathroom products are low quality, with very old and used towls, the ones that are not white anymore and not soft

Howell, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at this Hilton several times. All my stays were on a Friday or Saturday evening when the rates are reasonable. Due to my HiltonHHonors status I am usually placed on one of the top executive floors, but because it's the weekend the concierge lounge is not in operation.

I have found the rooms to be adequate enough that I get a good night's sleep. The hotel is located within an office park a few blocks west of the Stamford Amtrak/Metro North train station. There is a shuttle van that takes people to & from the station. This past visit on November 14, 2014, I didn't feel like waiting for the shuttle, so I just walked --- it was roughly 3/4 of a mile.... partially along what appears to be a service road next to I-95 and then through the office park.

I did find the front desk staff to be cordial and welcoming.

Because the hotel is off the beaten track from downtown, there are no restaurants within walking distance. There are places to eat in the Stamford train station, and many eateries in the other direction towards downtown (especially Stamford Plaza), but none this way. So when I had dinner at the hotel, I found it to be quite pricey. A steak was priced at approximately $24, and the half chicken dinner I chose was about 22 dollars. Dessert is expensive too, but one can forego that and get ice cream for a few dollars in the nearby gift shop.

Overall, the price is usually right on a Friday evening, and as I've said it is quite convenient either by shuttle or a brisk walk from the train station. I more than likely will stay there again, but will make sure I arrive on a full stomach.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, 4 days ago
As a HHonors member, we thank you for your review of your stay with us. It was our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel. Your detailed review has been shared with our management team so that we may address your comments about our staff and onsite restaurant. We look forward to having you visit with us again the next time you are in the area.

Salt Lake City, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

While the location, lobby, common amenaties, etc. of the hotel were nice, my individual experience specific to my room was poor. My HVAC would not work and would only blow hot or cold air, my tub would not drain, room seemed dingy and run down, and loud music from the ballroom could be heard in my room until midnight for multiple nights.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. We are disappointed to read a review such as yours as this is not the memorable experience we expected to deliver to our guests. We will convey your review to our team so that we may address these issues. We hope you have the opportunity to visit with us again so we can renew your trust in us.

West Palm Beach, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Rooms are very shabby even on the 10th floor concierge level. Towels are so rough it like using a loofa! Bedding is sorely in need of updates my sheets had little holes and the duvet looked filthy between the sheets. If you are lucky enough to be on concierge floor with use of the lounge go there instead of the restaurant which has OK food but terrible service.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing your impressions of our hotel. Your comments will allows us to identify areas where we can make improvements and we offer our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences or disappointments you may have experienced. We appreciate your review and hope that you’ll allow us another opportunity to welcome you back for a stay that exceeds your expectations.

Jim Marino

Been to Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!