“Terrible customer service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center

Save Saved
You added Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center to your Saves list
Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 First Stamford Place, Stamford, CT 06902 (Formerly The Westin Stamford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Points!
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Terrible customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I were in town visiting my sister for her college graduation. We picked this hotel based on the close proximity to her condo. The overall hotel and room was what you would expect from a typical Hilton hotel. Our frustration and reason for never staying there again was due to the poor customer service. On Friday night we filled out a slip for room service for the following morning to save time because we would be leaving early for my sister's graduation. We hung the order on the door like we were instructed and in the morning the order was no longer there. When our order was 15 minutes late, we called room service and they said to give it some time because they were busy. After the order was 30 minutes late, I called again and was told that I never placed an order for breakfast room service. I explained to them that I had ordered it the night before and that the order was no longer on my door so someone must have picked it up. Instead of trying to make it right and get us the food asap after I explained our situation, they proceeded to argue with me that the order was never placed. I was so disgusted by their attitude that I hung up on them and left without ordering. The best part of this whole experience was the next morning my husband and I were awakened by a 7am phone call asking a question about our breakfast order for room service. Somehow our order had magically appeared and they wanted to deliver it the next day. This would have been a fine hotel to stay at for future visits but I will chose to stay somewhere further away due to the lack of professionalism and rude customer service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Gunter, TX, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The location is not the best compared to other Major Hotels in Stamford, it is actually tucked away and very close to an area that is fairly sketchy. Shuttle service is very limited with only two shuttles - one of which is dedicated to Train Station and one other - most hotels in the area have at least 3 and sometimes more during a rush. Staff in Executive Lounge are Excellent. Lobby areas are very nice but the room furnishings and hallways are very rough. Front Desk staff are courteous most of the time but most do not follow-up if you ask for something. I stayed at the Sheraton for three weeks and everytime I go in they still remember me, I have stayed at the here for 8 weeks now and only the Executive Lounge people care to greet you by name.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

medford, oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Not much to write home about...company trip. Nice bed with good pillows. Little things seemed to have been overlooked...cracked bathroom door, no glasses, bad lamp...just Inattention. Nice staff and setting. Really, quite basic.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here while visiting friends in Long Island. It's only a 30 minute drive to Long Island from here, but beware, there is at least a $7.50 toll on the bridge for each way (and a few additional tolls in between). Anyways, hotel is decent. Lobby is clean and nice. Room is a bit outdated for a Hilton, but suitable. Clean bathrooms. One real complain I have is that when I ordered room service at 10:53 PM, the service guy sounded annoyed because apparently the kitchen closed at 11PM. The staff did not pick up the tray, as I saw it on the floor the next morning (past 10AM). Parking is $10 a night, typical for a Hilton.

Honestly, this is not what I expect from a Hilton hotel, but it was worth it as it was significantly better priced than anywhere in NYC or Long Island. I would probably stay here again.

Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is beautiful, clean and very welcoming, However, the beds in our room were lumpy and quite uncomfortable. We had a terrible night's sleep. Other than that, the hotel was a winner. Perhaps the quality of the mattresses could be reviewed and improved.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Middletown, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Upon pulling up I had 2 choices, $18 to valet or $10 to park myself in a horribly designed underground garage. No free parking was available on the grounds at all. In the room the bathroom door would not close, nor would it lock. The room was full of gnats and the decorative artistic frame hanging in the bathroom was full of visible mold. The restaurant took over a half hour to get us 2 hamburgers and it was fairly empty. We ordered medium and they came burnt. Staff were apologetic, hotel was clean. Would I stay there again? No.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Repeat business meetings, and staff is extremely responsive and service oriented. John the food manager goes above and beyond to satisfy requests. Bar is friendly, staff is welcoming; everyone wants to help. Rooms are comfortable and roomy, evecutive floors and lounge spacious and effective.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your great review of your stay. It was wonderful to have you here at Hilton Stamford Hotel and Executive Meeting Center and your kind words for our staff and hotel are very much appreciated. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the area.

Jim Marino

Been to Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!