“Perfectly Fine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center

You added Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center to your Saves list
Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 First Stamford Place, Stamford, CT 06902 (Formerly The Westin Stamford)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfectly Fine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This oversized Hilton is within "walking distance" of the Stamford train station....ok, take the hotel shuttle...please...The location is fine as long as you have transportation. The property is aging a bit: some of the upgrades were poorly executed, but overall it is a decent hotel. The staff, from front desk to shuttle bus drivers, were awesome: very helpful, very friendly. The rooms were a bit dated, but well appointed, clean and quiet (in spite of being next to the railroad tracks). The restaurant in the lobby was fine: the food was good hotel food, the morning breakfast buffet was appprorpiate for the class of hotel. I would stay here again, if the need arises.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
When choosing to stay at the Hilton Stamford Hotel and Executive Meeting Center, our guests are close to shopping, area corporations, the train station, restaurants and more in the downtown area. Our complimentary shuttle service is available to the surrounding area and our team is available to answer any questions you may have. We are pleased you had the chance to experience so much while here and we appreciate your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area. Thank you.

Jim Marino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Salt Lake City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The staff was courteous but not friendly and acted more annoyed than helpful when I brought up issues. This is branded as a Hilton hotel (not a lower end Hampton Inn) so I expected more. The room was cold and they hardly put any covers on the bed so I had to ask for additional blankets. That's saying something, considering that I'm from Utah where its always cold in the winter! Additionally, my shower head was limply pointing straight down and I asked the front desk to get it fixed but no one ever did. I ended up fixing it myself. The room was quiet, which was nice, and the overall quality of the hotel wasn't too bad but the staff could certainly be a lot friendlier.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

While we are happy you were able to enjoy your quiet accommodations, we regret that we did not meet your expectations on every level. I will share your comments with the team as we continually refresh our commitment to our guests. I appreciate you bringing these points to my attention as feedback like yours helps us to improve on our services. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back so we may restore your trust.

Hardeeville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Alright this will be long winded but it will be in depth and long enough to give you a very clear picture.
As the title says I am still staying in this hotel and I absolutely love it!!! I travel very frequently and stay at resorts all the time and this is one of the best. It is big and open when you walk in. From the lobby there is not one thought to it needing to be renovated or up dated. There are plenty of seating around the front lobby for you to wait and enjoy. All comfy seats and free wi-fi. Check in was quick and hassle free. I bought a deal through hotwire so all I did was give my name and my I.d. and I was handed two room keys. A total of a minute check in.
Now I have read several reviews that had made me regret my impending stay but I knew I was not going to set up shop and make a home for myself in a hotel. I was going for a nice and clean place to stay and sleep and shower. I got all that here. My room is 677 and it is a little walk from the elevator but its not a ridiculous amount. I have a three year old and he loves the distance.
Our room is a basic 2 queen bed guest room with enough space for us all and I couldnt have picked a better view if I tried. I have a body of water as a backdrop behind several house developments and railroad tracks to our right. My son loves spotting everything so I think the view is perfect. The beds are very comfy and roomy.
I must must must highlight a few special workers who have made our stay so special. Miguel in janitorial, Jean, Matthew and Dominic in Valet service are extremely friendly and each have gone out of the way to remember us and welcome us. My son loved to see them each day and they treated him so nicely. I highly recommend this hotel just to visit these gentleman! Im a firm believer that an establishment is only as good as its employees so if you employ the best then you will get the best as an output. Great job Hilton on getting these guys!!
Only cons- I am staying for 7 nights and only had the housekeeper come once and it was apparent she did a half done job. I picked up trash she left on the side of my bed and our bathroom, while restocked, was not cleaned. Since I only had her clean just to get restocked and beds made I wasnt too mad but was a lite surprised. Also they do not offer a fridge nor microwave in the basic rooms, not sure about the higher costing rooms. A breakfast buffet cost $20 per person. For these reasons only I knocked off one star.
I do recommend but if continental breakfast is your thing then try for another hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
We can't thank you enough for your wonderful review regarding your stay. It was a pleasure to have had you and your son here. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team. It is our expectation that all of our guests can feel at home while here and we are delighted you had the chance to relax. We regret any inconvenience with housekeeping and thank you for bringing these points to our attention. For any future visits, we do offer a variety of special offers and our website is the best resource when determining which amenities best meet your needs. Additionally, our team is always available to assist with any questions. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We checked in late after midnight for a one night stay. The next morning the front desk staff accommodated our request for a late checkout of 2pm, so we could sleep in and relax.

When the TV in our room wasn't working the next morning, the front desk sent engineers Alan Quell ("Jolly Al") and Mike Anton up to our room to take a look. They fixed the problem in minutes and proceeded to instruct the front desk staff to give us a complimentary movie (the movies aren't cheap!) and breakfast. Al and Mike were extremely friendly and went out of their way to make sure we knew that the people at the hotel cared about our experience. We were so pleased with our interaction with them that we offered to tip them, but they politely refused our gratuity, saying that they shouldn't be rewarded for fixing something that should have been working in the first place.

We ordered room service and the "American Breakfast," pancakes, and coffee were surprisingly EXCELLENT. I've had much, much worse room service food at hotels that cost 4 times the price.

Overall this is a basic hotel that is a little rough around the edges and starting to show its age. It's not fancy at all, but the eagerness and personality of the staff we interacted with made up for everything else the hotel might lack.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding your experiences at our hotel. While we do regret your television was not working properly, we appreciate your patience while our engineers worked to resolve the issue. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with them. We are delighted you had the chance to enjoy in room dining for breakfast and we are happy it helped get your day off to a great start. We appreciate your feedback, as comments like yours help us to improve upon the services provided to our guests. We hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center again soon.
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed at this property as part of a large group, but having been a road warrior for many years, can appreciate that it is a good, standard business hotel that is also suitable for a quick weekend getaway or for when staying in the area to visit friends and family.

Typical Hilton in many ways. Rooms were on the small side, but beds were very comfortable and everything in the room was clean and in working order. (Be aware that although there meeting brochure indicates they have queen-bedded rooms, there are, in fact, only double beds). Bar is smallish but nicely designed and cozy. You can also spill out into the greater lobby area where there are some comfy couches and easy chairs.

Only had breakfast in the restaurant which was a typical buffet, though they do get extra points for a great selection of freshly cut fruit.

One of the best parts of the facility is the pool and spa. Larger than a pool typical for this size hotel, the hot tub was especially awesome. Huge, deep, and actually hot. I gave the Spa a rating of 4 versus 5 only because they were out of towels. I called to have them replenished and was assured that they would be there shortly. When I left 30 minutes later - still no towels.

The location is very good for business - in the middle of a corporate park, but if you're there for pleasure, it's pretty dull. Walking distance from the train station though. Although the hotel claims to run a shuttle to the station and locally on a regular basis, many in our group found that it was anything but regular. Persistent calls to get picked up at the train station were met with misinformation and long waits. That being said, if you have a car, Stamford actually has very good shopping, restaurants, and a nicely designed downtown area.

Room Tip: Views are inconsequential here as there is nothing to look at . . .
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Whether you are visiting us for business or pleasure, our guests have a variety of amenities to enjoy while here. We are happy you had the chance to relax by our pool and I appreciate your feedback. We sincerely regret any inconvenience you may have experienced with our shuttle service. We do provide transportation to the surrounding area and I will review your comments with the team as we strive to provide all of our guests with the highest level of customer service. We hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center the next time you are in the area. Thank you.

Ansonia, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

There is Nothing nice to say about this hotel! There was literal garbage in the hallway for the entire four days I was staying there. The gift shop closed randomly throughout the day, so you could not get bottled water, etc.. The screaming Sorority girls running through the hallways all night almost made me forget the lumpy uncomfortable bed!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

It is truly disheartening to read that your stay with us was not as you expected. We strive to provide all of our guests with a comfortable and relaxing stay and it appears missed the mark on ensuring your entire visit was as you had hoped. I will review your comments with the team to ensure our commitment is to our customers. It is our hope to welcome you back so we may restore your confidence in us. Thank you.

Wadsworth, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

The wait staff in the restaurant repeatedly fell below expectations from apathy and lack of training, by getting orders wrong from myself and other attendees from our group and on 3 separate occasions with separate servers they did not know what the menu offered .I repeatedly asked for receipts and was told “Sorry I already closed the drawer" Happened 3 times .When paying for breakfast with 20 dollar bills I watched wait staff make change in the tip jar at the bar. Again could not get receipt. 2 separate occasions I was given the wrong change. One of those, I had to tell the waitress the correct amount. During lunch on Saturday we were told we could not sit with friends in the dining room and would have to sit in bar. The bar was full . The dining room had approx. 20 people. After complaining to desk staff I sat in dining room anyway and had to wait 35 minutes for order to be taken. The order was wrong and had to be remade. I was told by desk staff that no management was in the hotel at the time to file a complaint and that someone would contact me. No call back was ever made . Staff that did speak English had no knowledge of immediate area. The bed was made with sheet only during entire stay no blanket or comforter. Dirty linen in front of door for 2 days blocking room entry. Found dinner trash in hall at approx noon on Friday and not removed until approx noon on Saturday There was trash in hall near elevators for entire stay. The room seemed to have a musty smell that would not go away. Overall very disappointed would not return to the Hilton .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. This is not the experience we expect for any of our guests and I thank you for bringing these points to my attention. I will review your comments with our team as we continually refresh our commitment to our guests. We sincerely regret any difficulties you may have encountered while here. It is our hope to welcome you back to experience our hotel from a renewed perspective and so we may restore your trust in us. Thank you.

Jim Marino

Been to Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!