You added Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center to your Saves list
Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 First Stamford Place, Stamford, CT 06902 (Formerly The Westin Stamford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Batesville, Indiana
“Bad Coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am a Diamond level Hilton member and stay at this hotel atleast 60nts/yr. They must have changed coffee brands but its horrible!! Tastes burnt and not even drinkable. Not a good thing for a tired traveler. Change the brand back!!

• Stayed March 2013
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We understand that a good cup of coffee is a necessity for many travelers and will take your comments under advisement to see if changes are needed. We value you as a customer, especially as a Hilton HHonors member, and want every element of your stay to be the finest. We trust that as our regular guest, you enjoyed the same high quality accommodations and customer service to which you are accustomed. We look forward to your next visit when we will hope to please in every way.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is my second time staying in CT and i would recommend this hotel to everyone, i previously stayed at the stamford plaza and it was nothing but issue after issue. The HIlton rooms were very clean and the staff was exceptional,from Gary the bellman to Cesar in room service my stay was great and cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: Do not get any room near the ice machine it will keep you up all night
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review of the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We are happy to have you as a regular guest of the hotel, and we are so pleased that we impressed you on many levels – from our comfortable rooms to our customer service. We will pass along your kind words to our staff, particularly those mentioned by name. We can’t wait for your next visit. Once again, we’ll show you how highly we value you as a customer and what a privilege it is to have you as our guest.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed in this "Hilton" for three nights and it did not live up to its Hilton name. The lobby looks modern and the bellmen are very nice but the carpet in the hallways smell horrible, the latch on my door was broken, my room smelled like it had been smoken in, and the food was super expensive, I ordered breakfeast through room service, and for eggs and coffe it came out to be 42 dollars that's outragous but my server Cesar was very courteous and professional overall my stay wasn't too bad just needs a lot of improvement in appereances staff overall great

• Stayed March 2013
We are glad that you received courteous and professional service during your stay with us, but regret that other elements of your visit were not what you had expected. It is our hope that our recently completed multimillion-dollar renovation and newly refurbished guest rooms provide clean, modern, comfortable accommodations for all of our guests, and we are disappointed that wasn’t the case for you. In addition, we are completely smoke-free, so none of our rooms should smell like cigarette smoke. Kindly let us know of any such issues, and we will address them immediately. Please come back and stay with us again. We are sure we can make it a great experience.
Methuen, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Date of Stay: 08-10 March 2013

I've stayed in many Hilton hotels in my travels but this has to rate among the bottom of the list. In the effort of full disclosure, I am a HHonors Sliver member and got a "discounted" pre-paid rate through my company's account, though it was a pleasure trip for my girlfriend and I for a Theater weekend in NYC. The decent rate, proximity to NYC express trains at Stamford Station, and my HHonors account were driving factors in the selection of this hotel.

My room was on the executive level 10 of the hotel. Unfortunately, the room was nothing that I would call executive; in fact, I've stay at other chains which has normal rooms which were more "executive" than this one. The rooms are very dated, shower curtain had seen better days, and the bed was probably around 10-20 years old. It was very uncomfortable and my girlfriend woke up in pain. In fact, I didn't see much difference between this room and a standard room other than the king bed and rather disappointed.

Received no complementary continental breakfast and told the executive lounge and express elevator was closed due to a dog trainer conference. Even if possible, we would not have been able to use as she's allergic to dogs.

The shuttle service ends strictly at 1030 PM. We requested a shuttle in the morning to the Stamford Train Station and the desk clerk was able to provide a shuttle time and a Metro North schedule to NYC. However, she did not mentioned that the shuttle ended at a certain time. When we came back to Stamford at 1045 PM, I call the hotel and explained I was a registered executive guest. The desk clerk mentioned that the "shuttle service and ended for the evening and that our only options were to walk or for us to hail a cab at the station". Not quite the customer service I would expect; had they hailed a cab for us, I would have gladly paid for it.

The cherry on the sundae if you will was an incorrect folio. We were charged a fee for Internet access for our stay though neither of us brought any devices, I did bring the attention to the front desk who reversed the charge but really was rather unsympathetic and surely about the mistake and that it happened to "a good number of people".

The restaurant does have good food and beverage (Saturday breakfast), but the $19 charge for the complete buffet is far too much, one can find much better values in and around Stamford. We only ate at the restaurant as a matter of convenience as we had a full day in NYC. The waiter did have a hard time with my order and forgot a portion of it. When I brought the matter to his attention he claimed "he didn't understand me" but didn't ask for a clarification or to repeat the order. I told him to pass on the forgotten portion. The quality of the food and its preparation was first rate and the "highlight" of the stay. In fairness to the kitchen staff, they should be recognized for a job well done.

Summary: I believe there is a stark difference between executive during the week and during the weekend. Needless to say, we won't be staying there again for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Don't prepay for a room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
It sounds as if things did not go as you had hoped during your stay with us, and we are sorry to hear it. Customer service is a top priority at the hotel – something in which we take great pride – and we always strive to give each guest an outstanding experience. We will continue to do that, referring to your comments to determine if any changes are needed in our procedures. We are glad your bill was straightened out to your satisfaction and regret any confusion over our shuttle hours, which are outlined on our website. We value all of our guests, most especially our HHonors guests and hope to win back your trust. Please stay with us again so we can demonstrate our dedication to customer service and customer satisfaction.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

She offers very friendly and prompt service with a smile. We had a pleasent conversation with her that helped to make our breakfast delightful.

Seemed some employees of the hotel need customer service training. Millie should teach the class.

• Stayed March 2013
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We are very pleased that a member of our staff gave you friendly, professional service and made you feel welcomed. We will pass along your kind words. The Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center wants each guest to experience that same level of hospitality, and we will take your comments into account as we move forward. We trust that you also enjoyed the comfort and restfulness of your accommodations, and we invite you back for another visit to demonstrate again how highly we value our guests.
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hotel needs some management attention. The night I checked in the valets and bellhops could not be bothered to come out to my car to help. They were too busy standing inside in the warmth chatting away and watching me wait for assistance. The public areas are run down with scuffed paint. Thin walls and big spaces under the room doors make for a lot of noice getting in your room. The room safe in my room was locked and unusable. In the fitness roon, almost all of the treadmills were broken, as was the one recombent bike. Every encounter I had over a three day stay gave me the feeling that no one is in charge and no one really cares at this property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We’re sorry to learn that your recent stay with us was not what you hoped it would be. Our staff is trained to provide top-quality customer service, and it is unfortunate that your experience did not match our expectations. We will review all of your comments to discern if there are any improvements that can be made. We are constantly investing in the upkeep of the hotel, having just completed a multimillion-dollar renovation, and will continue to do all we can to provide the finest accommodations possible. Please come back and stay with us again. We are confident we can win back your trust. Thank you for your feedback.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed here because its close to train station. NYC is 1 hour on MetroNorth. Easy on/off 95. Food is overpriced but to be expected with discounted room rates. Rooms are small. King room with pullout sofa is no bigger than any other room... They jam a sofa bed in so tightly that you can't walk in the room

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your comments and for staying with us at the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We are pleased that you enjoyed value and convenience during your stay. As you point out, we are located just outside New York City and are near mass transit and highways that lead to several major east coast cities. Our complimentary shuttle service will take you anywhere within a 5-miles radius of the hotel, making it even easier to get around. Please come back and stay with us again. We are sure we can find you a room that suits your needs and provide you with exemplary customer service.

Been to Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!