“I travel often and the staff here is second to none.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center

Save Saved
You added Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center to your Saves list
Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 First Stamford Place, Stamford, CT 06902 (Formerly The Westin Stamford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Points!
Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Stamford
Clark, New Jersey, United States
“I travel often and the staff here is second to none.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The staff at this hotel really overcompensated for the downfalls which aren't many. The bathrooms could use updating and the A/C in my room didn't work so it was warm (until I opened a window). The service was exceptional and the business amenities were top notch. Internet was excellent. I felt this hotel was really geared toward business people.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We are so pleased that our staff treated you to the friendly, professional service that is our guiding principle, and that your concerns were handled promptly and to your satisfaction. It is also good to learn that our business services, like high-speed Internet, enhanced your stay with us. We invite you back for another visit when we will once again provide top-notch amenities and superb customer service.

475 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Valhalla, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The hotel building is very nice, the rooms were extremely clean and staff very friendly.

The following Guest Services people should be highly commended on their promptness in helping guests and doing everything possible to help me with my unfortunate incident in the hotel restaurant. They are Danielle Schickling and Catherine Hepburn. They go above and beyond to help the guests of the hotel.

Unfortunately, I had a situation in the restaurant. My husband who has Celiac disease ordered chicken wings from the menu which indicated they were Gluten Free. He also confirmed with the manager that they were indeed Gluten Free. After eating about 2-3 wings, he again questioned the manager as to the wings being Gluten Free. He asked if they were fried in their own oil as opposed to being fried in the same oil as all other foods. She came back and was sorry to say that they were indeed fried with the other foods.

We immediately walked out of the restaurant and complained to the manager of the hotel. He was extremely sorry about what happened and apologized and did everything possible to rectify the situation with us.

I also had the pleasure of speaking to the Restaurant Manager, Angela Schiffman who also apologized and said that this was being taken off the menu and that because of this unfortunate incident they were going to take the necessary steps to make sure that this doesn't happen again.

I also want to commend the only 2 individuals on the wait staff who I feel knows what it takes to be a waiter/waitress. They are Ramdas and Liza. As I spent a lot of time in the restaurant during my stay because of the weather conditions, I noticed that they were the only 2 individuals who catered to the customers. The rest of the wait staff should follow their lead.

There was also an Engineer who came to my room to fix the clogged drain I had in the bathtub. He was extremely professional and immediately fixed the problem. I had left my room right after he walked out and came upon him in the hallway helping an elderly gentlemen who forgot his room number. Alan called down to the front desk who gave him the gentlemen's room number and he personally took that man to his room. That's what I call going above and beyond in doing his job.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean, comfortable accommodations. You describe a difficult situation, but we are pleased that it was handled properly and that you were treated professionally by all of our staff. Please know that your kind comments will be passed along to each person you mentioned. We truly appreciate your telling us about your concerns with the restaurant menu while you were with us. We are giving the issue our full attention. We hope your husband is well, and we hope both of you will return for another visit when we will do all we can to make it an outstanding experience from beginning to end.
SE Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I'm probably sounding like a broken record with my reviews, but I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The bar, fitness center, rooms, meeting space and lobby areas are very nice. This hotel clearly caters to business travelers and does it well.

The quality of the food served over the two days of sales meetings I attended was very good. The menu items were all well prepared.

My room was what you would expect of a full service hotel. The bed was comfortable and the room and bathroom were both clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive review of the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center; we are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to experience much of what we offer, including our meeting rooms and Fitness Center. We have many business guests like you, as well as families, couples and individual travelers. We want each guest, regardless of what brings them to us, to have an great experience, and we are pleased you did. As far as you being a broken record – we like the tune you’re playing! Thanks again.
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The hotel building is very pretty and the staff are friendly. However, the rooms don't differ tremendously from what one would find at a more economical hotel. I was also disappointed by the fact that there was no microwave or mini fridge (so beware if you have perishable items or plan to microwave your meals), only a small coffee machine so heating my baby's milk became a challenge. There is no breakfast or internet service, unless you're prepared to pay extra. Also no free parking as far as I could tell. The pros, there is a gym, a large indoor pool and a hot tub (although the hot tub was out of service during my stay) which you probably won't find at 1-2 star hotels and may be worth it if you plan to use them.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We are pleased that you received friendly, professional service and that you enjoyed much of what we have to offer. We also understand that not everything about your stay was to your liking. We appreciate those comments as well, and will use the feedback from you and all of our guests to determine if changes are necessary. Regarding microwaves and mini-fridges, they are available on request, based on availability, for rooms where they are not standard. Our website has the full details. In addition, we hope you and all of our guests would let us know immediately about a pressing need or concern so we can resolve the issue as quickly as possible. We are always ready and happy to help. Please come back and stay with us again. It would be our pleasure to help find you the perfect accommodations to suit your needs.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 3 days at the hilton hotel. The location was pretty convinient close to the downtown area. The service was pretty good, they were warm and welcoming. I was very impressed by John one o the waiters who was very courteous and professional, he gave the importance needed to my husband's allergies, he was very grateful and will definetly will recommend it to my friends

• Stayed July 2012
It is very gratifying to read your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We thank you for taking the time to write an online review. We were happy to have you as a guest and are very pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location near Downtown Stamford. In addition, our hope is for each guest to be warmly welcomed and we are glad that was the case with you. We will pass along your compliments to our staff member who was attentive to your husband’s food allergies. It is great to receive your recommendation. We hope to see you and your friends at the hotel in the future – we will do all we can to give you another exceptional experience.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I came to this hotel on a business trip 3 days,room ok,location ok.... amazing just how friendly most of the hotel staff were.Especially John at the Lounge Club this person is no doubt inundated with tired and crabby tourists and business ppl every day all year round, and I never saw or heard a cross word;really polite and went out of his way to be helpful: I felt like a was on a cruiseship.thanks!

• Stayed January 2013
You use words we love to hear when guests provide feedback on the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center – great service, amazing, and friendly. Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay with us; we are very pleased we were able to give you a relaxing visit, complete with courteous and professional service. We are never anything but grateful to have our guests stay with us, and our goal always is to be welcoming, polite and helpful. We are glad that one of our staff was just that for you and will pass along your kind words. Please come back and stay with us again. We’ll be here, ready to take you on another outstanding voyage.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I visited the club lounge on a Wednesday, and I was totally surprised when after a long business day I found this person John Murcia, who gave me an excellent attention, the food variety was amazing. The place was very neat and clean so I enjoyed my stay. We need more people like John in this hotel

• Stayed January 2013
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable accommodations at the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center and that enjoyed your stay with us. We are also pleased that the selection you found in the Club Lounge and personal attention you received, added to your overall satisfaction. We will pass along your kind words to our staff. Please come back for another visit when we will do our best to impress you with more courteous service and hospitality.

Been to Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!