“Good Place” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center to your Saves list
Booking.com Priceline.com
Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 First Stamford Place, Stamford, CT 06902 (Formerly The Westin Stamford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Points!
Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Stamford
Bronx, New York, United States
“Good Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Friendly people, the staff there was great!!! just more time in cleaning the rooms there was something on the floor under the chair that should have never been there. other then that i really had no complaints for it to be an extreme busy night everyone worked well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for telling us about your recent stay at the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We are very glad you enjoyed your visit and that our friendly and helpful staff added to your overall satisfaction. If ever there is a housekeeping issue, we ask our guests to contact the Housekeeping Department and it will be taken care of immediately. We hope you’ll be back to see us again. We’ll do all we can to make it another great visit.

421 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I cannot begin to tell you what a miserable time I had here. NO HOT WATER IN THE AM!!!! The food was terrible, eggs in the AM were mostly soup, boxed lunches were as bad as the eggs. You can just tell this is another corporate meeting hotel more concerned about volume/turnover than the individual guest experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
It is our hope that each of our guests, regardless of the reason for their visit with us, finds a clean, comfortable hotel with the amenities they require. Unfortunately, one of our boilers did require an unexpected replacement for it’s heating element. While our team worked quickly to replace this element, it seems that some guests may have experience a temporary loss of hot water during this short period. We couldn't be more disappointed that we did not have the chance to address this with you during your stay when it would have mattered most. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and will pass along your comments regarding your dining experience to our management team. It is our hope that we can welcome you back in the future so that we can win you over completely with the service that our guests’ have come to expect and deserve. Again, thank you for your comments.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The property retains the upscale feel of the Westin it used to be -- helpful staff, nice lobby, very nice rooms, and great beds. However, it's starting to look a bit worn at the edges -- peeling paint on the door locks, rust on the underside of a sagging shower curtain rod. Nothing too noticeable, but makes you think that maintenance is being deferred.

Other than the shower curtain, the shower was good -- had great water pressure. The workout room was a bit light -- good number of ellipticals and treadmills, but no weight machines. Parking was also a hassle. Tried to park the rental myself. The floor was full, so I had to valet it. The valet told me there was a second level available, but I didn't see the signage for it.

This hotel is tucked away in a group of office buildings. If you're visiting one of those buildings, this would be a great location. However, if you want to go "off property" for dinner/drinks in Stamford, you're on the wrong side of the tracks -- literally.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for telling us about your recent stay with us. We appreciate hearing from our guests because it helps to improve the experience for everyone who chooses to stay with us. We are pleased you were satisfied with your room, your bed, the lobby and the staff and consider the hotel overall to be upscale. Regarding maintenance, we have regularly-scheduled upkeep of the hotel and our rooms. If ever you see something during your stay that is not up to our high standards, please let us know so we can attend to it right away. We’re sorry parking did not work out quite the way you hoped; we’ll see if any changes are needed in signage. Finally, our location is near corporate offices and mass transit, and is a short distance from Downtown Stamford. The hotel also has a convenient shuttle to take our guests to neighborhood restaurants and bars. We think our location and services are ideal and hope the next time you visit you’ll get a chance to explore more of what Stamford has to offer.
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We needed a place to stay for the night on our way to Long Island. This is clearly a business hotel. The restaurant was okay and met our needs. The service was average. It took awhile to find someone to valet park our car.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We aim to provide a clean, comfortable room where our guests can relax and recharge, regardless of whether they are business or vacation travelers. We hope that is what you experienced. Our valet parking service is available 24-hours a day, and your comments will help us improve the service so each guest’s arrival will be as easy as possible. We hope you stay with us again so we can demonstrate our commitment to customer service.
New york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I had a wonderful experience at this hotel! The staff were very friendly, it makes you feel like you're at home. I had the best brunch, food were fresh, our waiter Alberto was very attentive and the hostess was quite nice. The location is also close to the mall and train station. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Amazing is what the Hilton Stamford Hotel hopes to be for each our guests, and it is so gratifying that after your recent stay, you see us in that most positive light. We want our guests to feel at home, to feel welcomed and cared-for by an attentive staff, and to enjoy our clean, comfortable rooms and convenient location. We will pass along your kind words to our staff and look forward to your return visit.
Millis, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I booked here after the usual places I stay when I go to NYC had much higher rates than normal this past weekend. The Hilton is convenient to both the highway and the Stamford Train Station. They offer a complimentary van shuttle to the train station that is only a 2 minute drive away or a 10 minute walk. I took shuttle to the station and walked back as I got back very late/early morning. The room itself was the usual high quality I expect from a Hilton. My experience here was all positive and would recommend the Hilton Stamford to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
We are glad you chose to stay with us and completely enjoyed the comfort and convenience that the Hilton Stamford Hotel provides. The hotel is located just outside of New York City and is close to many major East Coast cities, whether you are traveling by car, rail, or air. As you pointed out, our free shuttle service to the train station makes getting around especially easy. We thank you for your recommendation and hope to see you again at the Hilton Stamford Hotel.
Laurel, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Initially I was very impressed with this hotel based on the looks and appeal of it being an executive meeting center. However the customer service changed my mind. First, there are signs that valet parking is available but when I arrived late in the evening there were no parking personnel available. Checking in went ok...I booked a room for two nights not through Hilton so I was told I would have to check out and check back in the following day. The room was to be excected from this brand and for the price, not great and not bad.

My issues started the next day, it took about 15 minutes to check out and check back in while being call sir the whole time even though I have a very feminine name. That evening we decided to order room service it took over an hour and again I kept being called sir. I was over charged for champagne which that I didn't order, but they corrected it. Then the waiter informed me that the service charge was not the tip and I needed to leave an additional tip. I called the front desk who confirmed that the service charge was the tip and additional wasn't necessary. Tisk tisk waiter! The food was not warm or even good. We ended up leaving over half to be cleaned up. The only good customer service that was encounter was the final day when we were allowed to extend check out by an hour if we signed up for hilton honors.

Worse customer service was yet to come, however. Nearly a week after our stay, I was charged for a night at the hotel. I called the hotel to be told only accounting could resolve the issue and that person was out for the day, so I was transferred to a voicemail. I called again to and requested a supervisor...another voicemail. I called a third time and inquired as to why an "executive meeting center" had only one person to resolve account issues and no back up. This time I got hung up on. I made one final attempt to get the issue resolved and left a voicemail. I have received no response...They still owe me money! Needless to say I will not be using my hilton honors in the future.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We are sorry your stay with us was not all you hoped it would be. Our mission is to leave every customer satisfied – with our rooms as well as our professional and courteous staff – and from what you describe, that is not what you experienced during your stay. Our valet parking is a convenient service available around the clock, and it’s a shame you weren’t able to take advantage of it. However, we are glad our front desk was able to clear-up any confusion over a service charge. We will share your comments with our staff and will work to resolve any outstanding issues. Your experience will be used as a catalyst to improve our service. We hope you’ll come back so we can show you just how highly we value customer satisfaction.

Been to Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!