“Stayed for the night. Nothing special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center

Save Saved
You added Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center to your Saves list
Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 First Stamford Place, Stamford, CT 06902 (Formerly The Westin Stamford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Points!
Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Stamford
Massachusetts
“Stayed for the night. Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We needed a place to stay for the night on our way to Long Island. This is clearly a business hotel. The restaurant was okay and met our needs. The service was average. It took awhile to find someone to valet park our car.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We aim to provide a clean, comfortable room where our guests can relax and recharge, regardless of whether they are business or vacation travelers. We hope that is what you experienced. Our valet parking service is available 24-hours a day, and your comments will help us improve the service so each guest’s arrival will be as easy as possible. We hope you stay with us again so we can demonstrate our commitment to customer service.

464 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
New york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I had a wonderful experience at this hotel! The staff were very friendly, it makes you feel like you're at home. I had the best brunch, food were fresh, our waiter Alberto was very attentive and the hostess was quite nice. The location is also close to the mall and train station. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Amazing is what the Hilton Stamford Hotel hopes to be for each our guests, and it is so gratifying that after your recent stay, you see us in that most positive light. We want our guests to feel at home, to feel welcomed and cared-for by an attentive staff, and to enjoy our clean, comfortable rooms and convenient location. We will pass along your kind words to our staff and look forward to your return visit.
Millis, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I booked here after the usual places I stay when I go to NYC had much higher rates than normal this past weekend. The Hilton is convenient to both the highway and the Stamford Train Station. They offer a complimentary van shuttle to the train station that is only a 2 minute drive away or a 10 minute walk. I took shuttle to the station and walked back as I got back very late/early morning. The room itself was the usual high quality I expect from a Hilton. My experience here was all positive and would recommend the Hilton Stamford to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
We are glad you chose to stay with us and completely enjoyed the comfort and convenience that the Hilton Stamford Hotel provides. The hotel is located just outside of New York City and is close to many major East Coast cities, whether you are traveling by car, rail, or air. As you pointed out, our free shuttle service to the train station makes getting around especially easy. We thank you for your recommendation and hope to see you again at the Hilton Stamford Hotel.
Laurel, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Initially I was very impressed with this hotel based on the looks and appeal of it being an executive meeting center. However the customer service changed my mind. First, there are signs that valet parking is available but when I arrived late in the evening there were no parking personnel available. Checking in went ok...I booked a room for two nights not through Hilton so I was told I would have to check out and check back in the following day. The room was to be excected from this brand and for the price, not great and not bad.

My issues started the next day, it took about 15 minutes to check out and check back in while being call sir the whole time even though I have a very feminine name. That evening we decided to order room service it took over an hour and again I kept being called sir. I was over charged for champagne which that I didn't order, but they corrected it. Then the waiter informed me that the service charge was not the tip and I needed to leave an additional tip. I called the front desk who confirmed that the service charge was the tip and additional wasn't necessary. Tisk tisk waiter! The food was not warm or even good. We ended up leaving over half to be cleaned up. The only good customer service that was encounter was the final day when we were allowed to extend check out by an hour if we signed up for hilton honors.

Worse customer service was yet to come, however. Nearly a week after our stay, I was charged for a night at the hotel. I called the hotel to be told only accounting could resolve the issue and that person was out for the day, so I was transferred to a voicemail. I called again to and requested a supervisor...another voicemail. I called a third time and inquired as to why an "executive meeting center" had only one person to resolve account issues and no back up. This time I got hung up on. I made one final attempt to get the issue resolved and left a voicemail. I have received no response...They still owe me money! Needless to say I will not be using my hilton honors in the future.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We are sorry your stay with us was not all you hoped it would be. Our mission is to leave every customer satisfied – with our rooms as well as our professional and courteous staff – and from what you describe, that is not what you experienced during your stay. Our valet parking is a convenient service available around the clock, and it’s a shame you weren’t able to take advantage of it. However, we are glad our front desk was able to clear-up any confusion over a service charge. We will share your comments with our staff and will work to resolve any outstanding issues. Your experience will be used as a catalyst to improve our service. We hope you’ll come back so we can show you just how highly we value customer satisfaction.
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Overall nice hotel but mostly helpful were the employees,especially Malcolm and Big Al:) I dodnt like so much that I was asked though to pay for a microwave and a refidgerator especially bc of my short stay. This Hotel is more suited for couples,not family oriented bc not much to do in Hotel if you get stucj there but very clean,nice staff,great pool and very pretty.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback on the Hilton Stamford and your kind comments about our staff. We strive to make every guest feel welcomed and are very pleased that our exceptional staff did that for you. We will pass along your thoughtful words and hope you come back to stay with us so we can roll-out the welcome mat once again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located next to a multi-office complex and attracts the business traveler. Unfortunately, they don't live up to the Hilton name. The service is okay, but the accommodations are lacking. In addition, the hotel was experiencing a boiler issue. After reporting it the first day (following a cold shower), the shower was actually worse on the second day. This happened to everyone who was traveling with me; all of our rooms had cold showers. This was not a pleasant experience on cold December mornings. The hotel only discounted our rooms $20 per night for the inconvenience. They could have kept their money had I just had the chance for a warm/hot shower. Not good.

Room Tip: If you can get an executive level room, you do get free breakfast on the 10th floor each morning. I...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
We are sorry that your recent stay at the Hilton Stamford was sub-par. We take our guests’ comments seriously and will use your experiences to improve conditions at the hotel as well as our guest services. We hope you will return for another stay so we can show you that your comfort and satisfaction are what we are all about.
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I had a 8AM meeting in Manhattan, scheduled at the last minute so all reasonably priced hotels in Manhattan were sold out or >$350/night, so I stayed at the Stamford Hilton for ~$150 and took the train in. The hotel room is very clean, well appointed, bed is super comfortable, free valet parking, and just 2 minutes (if you hit a light) from the Metro-North train station. Front desk staff and everyone I encountered were friendly and helpful. I will be back!

Room Tip: The hotel is on an office campus so very quiet hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Stamford Hotel during your recent business trip to NYC. We’re thrilled that you were able to take advantage of our close proximity to the Metro-North and that the service levels you experienced from our staff were outstanding. We would like to clarify though, that our Valet parking service does cost $13/day, which even so, is quite affordable. Your kind comments are truly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Been to Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!