“malcolm and big al” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center

You added Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center to your Saves list
Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 First Stamford Place, Stamford, CT 06902 (Formerly The Westin Stamford)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Brooklyn, New York
“malcolm and big al”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Overall nice hotel but mostly helpful were the employees,especially Malcolm and Big Al:) I dodnt like so much that I was asked though to pay for a microwave and a refidgerator especially bc of my short stay. This Hotel is more suited for couples,not family oriented bc not much to do in Hotel if you get stucj there but very clean,nice staff,great pool and very pretty.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback on the Hilton Stamford and your kind comments about our staff. We strive to make every guest feel welcomed and are very pleased that our exceptional staff did that for you. We will pass along your thoughtful words and hope you come back to stay with us so we can roll-out the welcome mat once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located next to a multi-office complex and attracts the business traveler. Unfortunately, they don't live up to the Hilton name. The service is okay, but the accommodations are lacking. In addition, the hotel was experiencing a boiler issue. After reporting it the first day (following a cold shower), the shower was actually worse on the second day. This happened to everyone who was traveling with me; all of our rooms had cold showers. This was not a pleasant experience on cold December mornings. The hotel only discounted our rooms $20 per night for the inconvenience. They could have kept their money had I just had the chance for a warm/hot shower. Not good.

Room Tip: If you can get an executive level room, you do get free breakfast on the 10th floor each morning. I...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
We are sorry that your recent stay at the Hilton Stamford was sub-par. We take our guests’ comments seriously and will use your experiences to improve conditions at the hotel as well as our guest services. We hope you will return for another stay so we can show you that your comfort and satisfaction are what we are all about.
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I had a 8AM meeting in Manhattan, scheduled at the last minute so all reasonably priced hotels in Manhattan were sold out or >$350/night, so I stayed at the Stamford Hilton for ~$150 and took the train in. The hotel room is very clean, well appointed, bed is super comfortable, free valet parking, and just 2 minutes (if you hit a light) from the Metro-North train station. Front desk staff and everyone I encountered were friendly and helpful. I will be back!

Room Tip: The hotel is on an office campus so very quiet hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Stamford Hotel during your recent business trip to NYC. We’re thrilled that you were able to take advantage of our close proximity to the Metro-North and that the service levels you experienced from our staff were outstanding. We would like to clarify though, that our Valet parking service does cost $13/day, which even so, is quite affordable. Your kind comments are truly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Secaucus, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We have selected this particular meeting center for many years now and I can say that it is a great choice to have important meetings regarding church organizations, personal and business meetings of choice! They know how to please a large quantity of people(over 300) Food is served timely and made to order for special diets.The hotel rooms are spacious for 4 in a room. The front desk is always ready 24/7 to answer emergency questions. Medical assistance can be summoned if necessary.There is a garden area where there is a short walking trail for for personal enjoyment any time of day. Give yourself time to checkout. Staff knows how to handle it but you might need to wait. Definitely a fun but sophisticated bar at the lower level. You will be close to bus and rail stations with a shuttle that brings you to the hotel on call! Would definitely return!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the front of building have a better view of premises. Choose rooms away from eleva...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
We love it when our guests give helpful suggestions to other travelers! Knowing that each time you have come to stay at the Hilton Stamford Hotel, your experience has been wonderful makes us very happy. We strive to provide the utmost in customer service and hospitality, whether you’re holding a small board meeting for a handful of people or an all-out gala for 1,500. Thank you for your gracious review and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have had nothing but issues when I arrived at the hotel When I arrived there was no phone receiver on one phone in the room and the other phone did not work. I am a DIAMOND MEMBER of Hilton and have travelled all over and this IS THE WORST HOTEL ever. The TV in my room would not let me select and pay per view for over 2 days. The whirlpool tub could not be used for over 2 days because there was no DRAIN COVER. Maid service was average at best. The front desk staff EXCEPT FOR OMAR were incompetent at best. They made some deductions from my stay but that can not make up for the poor service and bad room conditions. The final night I was there was a JEWISH FESTIVAL where kids/teens were running from room to room banging on doors and I believe in some cases I saw underage drinking WITH A SECURITY GUARD looking on. I called down four times and even at 2am the noise and loud talking was still going on. I called CORPORATE for Hilton and they said the y will call the front desk and management....NO CHANGE in noise.....I have never been more frustrated....who was in charge?

Room Tip: The best tip to get a good romm is TO GET IT SOMEWHERE ELSE other than the HILTON STAMFORD.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
It is disappointing to learn that your recent stay with us was so challenging. Please accept our sincerest apologies regarding any difficulties you may have experienced and we are sharing your comments with our team in order to work toward addressing your comments. It concerns us greatly to hear that you felt there were inappropriate aged people consuming beverages during an event here, as we adhere to strict policies regarding this issue. We will also review your feedback further with our management team and we greatly appreciate the time you’ve taken to bring these points to our attention. It is our hope to have the opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel in the future with an exceptional stay. Thank you for your review.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I booked on points + cash for 15,000 pts + $50. Not a bad deal, considering the rate tonight (Thursday evening) was around $249. I have been to this property before, nothing exceptionally bad, or good, to say about it. Check-in tonight was extremely slow, there was 1 gentlemen spending forever arguing about his bill, and another family of 5 or so taking forever to check-in. Nobody was at the Honors desk. After waiting 10 minutes to check-in, mine was a breeze and I was on my way. No upgrade given as Diamond, but was given lounge access. Room was against my preference (farthest from elevator, rather than close, 5th floor, rather than high floor.) I had called ahead to check the executive lounge hours and was told it closed at 9pm. I arrived at 8:30 and the wait to check-in had me especially frustrated. I headed up to the lounge after dropping my bags and found that it was actually open until 10pm, hooray! Although I was happy to find this out, I feel the staff should be better informed. I really rushed to arrive before 9pm!

that covers my biggest two gripes with this property (took forever to check-in, and was told the lounge closed earlier than it did) my third issue was room service. According to the menu, it's available until 11pm. I called down at 10:55pm and was told it's already closed. Alright, I get it; it's not nice to call last minute for food, but, still. If your hours say 11pm, you should be available until 11pm.

In the future, I'll stick with the marriott on Tresser blvd. My last stay here was so-so, this one seals the "not worth returning" deal.

Room Tip: Executive floors (9 and 10) have express elevator in the lounge.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Please accept our sincerest apologies for any wait you encountered during check-in and for any other inconveniences during your stay. We do appreciate your understanding that at 10:55 our kitchen is already in the process of closing and could not have provided you with cuisine that would have met our strict standards. We hope to be able to welcome you back to experience our hotel again and renew your trust in the Hilton brand and us.
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Just had a great breakfast. The place was packed but the staff kept their cool. Gershon at the omelet station was great, super friendly and Samina the hostess could not have been nicer! I stay here on a regular basis and the staff is always accommodating.

Room Tip: Business suite
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
How wonderful that our attentive staff made such a positive impression on you. We invest greatly in our employees at the Hilton Stamford Hotel and when our guests show their appreciation for their hard work, it makes us very happy. Thank you for your loyalty and for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Been to Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!