I booked on points + cash for 15,000 pts + $50. Not a bad deal, considering the rate tonight (Thursday evening) was around $249. I have been to this property before, nothing exceptionally bad, or good, to say about it. Check-in tonight was extremely slow, there was 1 gentlemen spending forever arguing about his bill, and another family of 5 or so taking forever to check-in. Nobody was at the Honors desk. After waiting 10 minutes to check-in, mine was a breeze and I was on my way. No upgrade given as Diamond, but was given lounge access. Room was against my preference (farthest from elevator, rather than close, 5th floor, rather than high floor.) I had called ahead to check the executive lounge hours and was told it closed at 9pm. I arrived at 8:30 and the wait to check-in had me especially frustrated. I headed up to the lounge after dropping my bags and found that it was actually open until 10pm, hooray! Although I was happy to find this out, I feel the staff should be better informed. I really rushed to arrive before 9pm!
that covers my biggest two gripes with this property (took forever to check-in, and was told the lounge closed earlier than it did) my third issue was room service. According to the menu, it's available until 11pm. I called down at 10:55pm and was told it's already closed. Alright, I get it; it's not nice to call last minute for food, but, still. If your hours say 11pm, you should be available until 11pm.
In the future, I'll stick with the marriott on Tresser blvd. My last stay here was so-so, this one seals the "not worth returning" deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located outside of New York City -- with access to Amtrak, Metro-North and I-95 — the recently renovated Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center offers the ideal combination of convenience, comfort and courteous service. Following a multimillion-dollar renovation, our hotel boasts newly refurbished guest rooms, spacious suites, and state of the art event and meeting space. Unwind after a long work day at our restaurant and lounge, serving American cuisine and cocktails throughout the day. Or relax in our sparkling swimming pool or heated whirlpool. Surrounded by dynamic businesses and local attractions, our upscale accommodations will enhance your upcoming visit or corporate gathering. A popular choice among Stamford hotels, the Hilton is a landmark destination with easy access to both Boston and New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Odigeo, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Stamford Hotel And Executive Meeting Center
- Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Stamford
- Hilton Hotel Stamford
- Stamford Hilton