“No lost and found help.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center

Save Saved
You added Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center to your Saves list
Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 First Stamford Place, Stamford, CT 06902 (Formerly The Westin Stamford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Points!
Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Stamford
“No lost and found help.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this Hilton on the 7th, 8th and 9th of November 2012. Nice hotel rooms were comfortable. Our room was never made up the 3 days we were there. We were able to get clean towels from the maid in the hallway! I left my sweatshirt and jacket in the Lobby area. I inquired at the front desk and the woman said that she had seen it there all night but now it was gone. Granted I left the jacket and shirt there totally my fault.
The problem is that I have called 5 times since my return home. I have left messages and no one at this Hilton Hotel has called me back or responded to me.I just want to know if the lost and found has my jacket and shirt.Apparently it would be too much of an inconvenience for any of the employees that I have spoken with to walk over to the lost and found department and look to see if my items that I described to five different people were there or not and then pickup the phone and call me back to let me know if my stuff is there or not. Is this really asking to much? Here it is almost December still no call. Shame on you Hilton!!

• Stayed November 2012
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
While we’re glad to hear that your stay was comfortable, it greatly concerns us to read that you encountered such an inconvenience after leaving our hotel. The matter of your sweatshirt and jacket will be discussed with our managers in order to hopefully come to a quick resolution. Thank you for reaching out to us in this forum. It is regrettable that your otherwise enjoyable experience was marred by this and we offer our sincerest apologies. Thank you for your review.

499 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Milford, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My father booked and paid for our 2 rooms. When he booked online he specified that we wanted connecting rooms or at the least, rooms across from each other. We checked in and were told to park in the parking garage. They charge you $10 per night to park yourself in this garage. I was a little shocked by that. When we got our 4 children out and up to our rooms we found out they were actually on the same side but 3 rooms apart. We called back to the check-in desk and asked that since the one room we were in connected with the next, if we could have that room. They said it needed to be cleaned and they would have it ready in about 45 minutes. We waited that time and noone had come to clean it so we went out to eat. When we got back about 1 1/2 hours later the room was ready. The first night we realized that the a/c didn't work. Our room was very hot. Also the tub drain was clogged and when we took showers the tub filled up past our ankles. The second day my husband had to go to 4 different floors before he found a vending machine that actually had soda in it. We were hoping to try the breakfast buffet but at $20 per person it wasn't going to happen. It would have cost us $100 for breakfast! Overall the hotel looked beautiful from the outside. The lobby was beautiful as well. The hotel is not situated in a great area though. I would not want to walk the streets alone at night. It doesn't look very safe. There were plenty of men walking the streets at night but they were all wearing big coats and you couldn't even see their faces. It looks like they are trying to "revitalize" the area but it still feels rough and tough. The staff at the hotel are very nice and pleasant. I guess i just expected the rooms to be more beautiful, more upscale. The biggest plus is that the beds and pillows are VERY comfortable. The beds had feather pillows that were amazing! I loved the beds and pillows. There is a good sized indoor, heated pool and jacuzzi that kept the kids busy too. I guess i just expected more from a Hilton hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay at our hotel. Your kind words regarding our comfortable beds, staff and amenities are greatly appreciated. However, we would like to address a few of your comments for more clarity. The location of our hotel is convenient to both travelers and business professionals being that we are located near many corporate headquarters. The area, and most especially the hotel, is safe, but your own discretion is always recommended when traveling anywhere. We do apologize for any inconveniences you encountered in your room and will have our Maintenance Engineers promptly look into a remedy for the situation. Thank for reaching out to us and for your review.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Quick overnight after Thanksgiving holiday. Got two rooms with priceline. Charged 15 extra fir the empty parking garage. Didn't try to get rooms together. Our first room wasp already occupied and the room let worked! Good thing we were honest! 2nd room reeled so bad if smoke we could barely breathe. 3rd was OK. They did give us 2free breakfasts - for a parry of 3. Husband and son said it was barely passable. Can't believe they charge $16. Won't be back.

• Stayed November 2012
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Please allow us to convey our deepest apologies that your recent stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are very concerned to hear of the inconveniences you encountered, especially since our property is 100% smoke free, and regret that you departed from our hotel with disappointment. Your comments will be shared with all departments in the hopes of improving the experience for all future guests. Thank you for your review.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on Thanksgiving. First room smelled of smoke despite being on the Executive level. Switched to another and that tv wasn't working right. Switched again. This time the tv wasn't working right AND the a/c - heat didn't work. Internet wasn't free unless you paid for it and asked for a credit despite being Hilton Honors member. Hotel is just over 25 years old. They need to do something to improve the rooms!! Service was pretty good

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Please allow us to clarify a few of your comments. No matter what level guestroom is reserved, our hotel is 100% smoke free and we do apologize if our strict standards were not observed. We’ve recently offered to our guests, free internet throughout the hotel, available until January 31, 2013, and your stay should have been reflective of that. While we’re happy that you received attentive service from our staff, we’re extremely disappointed to hear about the remainder of your stay and we offer our apologies that we did not create a better experience for you. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and hope to be able to regain your trust during a future stay.
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel is old and in need of upgrades. So first for the good, the concierge staff is very friendly, helpful and the shuttle to the train station for folks going into NY City is very helpful. However, the room walls are paper thin so you'll hear your neighbor even if they are somewhat quiet. In addition, when checkout time came I had just ended a conference call and packing up when housekeeping started pounding on my door (it was literally 1 minute after checkout time, and I have status with Hilton). When I opened the door and showed them I would be exiting the room in minutes, the individual stated very loudly that they would charge me for another night since I hadn't vacated at the top of the hour. (That did not happen). In addition, when I checked in there were no rooms available on the Hilton Honors floor and they did not provide access to the Hilton honors lounge because I wasn't on that floor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
It is certainly disheartening to learn that we did not make a better impression. While we’re happy to hear that our convenient location and Concierge helped to create a comfortable stay, your experience otherwise is certainly not what we want to provide our guests. Your candid feedback is appreciated and we hope to have another chance in the future to create the experience that you deserve. Thank you for your review.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

My first visit to this hotel was around July of this year and it was exceptional. I have frequented here often since then and I am utterly appalled at how badly the service, staff, cleanliness and convenience has declined since my first visit.

I often try to book the "Deluxe suite" as I originally found it to be very nice. Each time there after when I tried to book this suite I was told by the staff that no room with such a name existed. I was then told by the reservations hotline that a room with such a name did exist. The staff at the hotel is completely clueless as to what their own rooms entail. They make it incredibly difficult to book the room you are looking for. I often called and spoke to Travis who consistently could never answer any question and would immediately put me on hold. He would tell me he would be back with the answer and then transfer me to another completely clueless teller without explaining to anyone my original question. I had to literally restate myself four or five times before getting a very vague response. Bottom line ... Booking here is a complete nightmare and I will never waste my time with Travis or another clueless teller again.

Additionally the room service is inconsistent at its best. I ended up spending 100 dollars on breakfast for in room dining and got a very small portion of eggs, cold toast, bitter coffee and the list goes on. I asked for Tabasco which they could not provide Stating they were out. I don't know what possessed me to give their steak a try but I immediately regretted my decision. Essentially the food and in room dining service is not worth the hassle and money.

I had to call the front desk around 6pm to Ask for housekeeping to come clean my room as they had not done so all day. I returned to find no fresh towels and shower and tub untouched. The room itself was overall run down with stains on the floor.

Furthermore, wifi connection is terrible and they charge 10 dollars a day to use a connection that is weak. I could probably get a better connection from my room by using signal from one down the street, and it would be free.

I once spent an additional fee for what they call the "romance package" to find it was a HUGE waste of money. The package advertises "late check out" but I had two different house keepers banging on my door at 11 and 12.

After my ranting I will sum it up this way. I will ever again give business to this hotel. I have wasted a lot of time and money hoping they will improve but it only gets worse. The staff is clueless inefficient and not well trained. The quality is nowhere near enough for what you spend. Hilton you should truly be embarrassed. Your staff has absolutely no idea about their rooms and always redirect you to someone else. Shameful!

• Stayed November 2012
The disappointment you’ve shared in your comments is certainly not the experience that we expect for our guests. While we can understand your frustration with not receiving the answers you required, please let us further explain the type of rooms available. We offer a King Bed Deluxe guestroom which includes upgraded amenities. Additionally, we offer Executive, Governor & Presidential Suites which are luxuriously enhanced for ultimate comfort. We do apologize for any confusion. All feedback that we receive is highly valued and we will use this opportunity to strengthen our commitment to providing the best in service to each and every guest. We hope for the chance to welcome you back in the future and sincerely thank you for your comments.
Ridgefield, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We have had the pleasure now twice to seek refuge at the Hilton in Stamford due to a week long power outage both times. The first from a freak snow storm last year that left most of Connecticut without power and the second from Hurricane Sandy.

All of the employees have handled themselves with extreme politeness and general willingness to please in both cases. That is not an easy thing to do when most everyone is there not by choice but by necessity. My hat goes off to the chef. In this storm, he had to improvise a buffet and feed a lot of people when he and/or the hotel could not get shipments of food. In fact, one breakfast, after the crowd had devoured everything in site, the chef made me and anyone else a special batch of fresh hot muffins after finding out there were none left. All of the employees though from the front desk to the bell man really were happy and willing to help in anyway even if they could not get home to their families. My husband and I cannot thank those who work there enough for the upbeat attitude. The rooms are great too. Just don't position yourself near an ice machine, kind of gets busy in times like we had.

Room Tip: Rooms not near ice machine are quieter.