“Terrible service.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center

Save Saved
You added Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center to your Saves list
Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 First Stamford Place, Stamford, CT 06902 (Formerly The Westin Stamford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Points!
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Boston, Massachusetts
“Terrible service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Quick overnight after Thanksgiving holiday. Got two rooms with priceline. Charged 15 extra fir the empty parking garage. Didn't try to get rooms together. Our first room wasp already occupied and the room let worked! Good thing we were honest! 2nd room reeled so bad if smoke we could barely breathe. 3rd was OK. They did give us 2free breakfasts - for a parry of 3. Husband and son said it was barely passable. Can't believe they charge $16. Won't be back.

• Stayed November 2012
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Please allow us to convey our deepest apologies that your recent stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are very concerned to hear of the inconveniences you encountered, especially since our property is 100% smoke free, and regret that you departed from our hotel with disappointment. Your comments will be shared with all departments in the hopes of improving the experience for all future guests. Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on Thanksgiving. First room smelled of smoke despite being on the Executive level. Switched to another and that tv wasn't working right. Switched again. This time the tv wasn't working right AND the a/c - heat didn't work. Internet wasn't free unless you paid for it and asked for a credit despite being Hilton Honors member. Hotel is just over 25 years old. They need to do something to improve the rooms!! Service was pretty good

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Please allow us to clarify a few of your comments. No matter what level guestroom is reserved, our hotel is 100% smoke free and we do apologize if our strict standards were not observed. We’ve recently offered to our guests, free internet throughout the hotel, available until January 31, 2013, and your stay should have been reflective of that. While we’re happy that you received attentive service from our staff, we’re extremely disappointed to hear about the remainder of your stay and we offer our apologies that we did not create a better experience for you. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and hope to be able to regain your trust during a future stay.
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel is old and in need of upgrades. So first for the good, the concierge staff is very friendly, helpful and the shuttle to the train station for folks going into NY City is very helpful. However, the room walls are paper thin so you'll hear your neighbor even if they are somewhat quiet. In addition, when checkout time came I had just ended a conference call and packing up when housekeeping started pounding on my door (it was literally 1 minute after checkout time, and I have status with Hilton). When I opened the door and showed them I would be exiting the room in minutes, the individual stated very loudly that they would charge me for another night since I hadn't vacated at the top of the hour. (That did not happen). In addition, when I checked in there were no rooms available on the Hilton Honors floor and they did not provide access to the Hilton honors lounge because I wasn't on that floor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
It is certainly disheartening to learn that we did not make a better impression. While we’re happy to hear that our convenient location and Concierge helped to create a comfortable stay, your experience otherwise is certainly not what we want to provide our guests. Your candid feedback is appreciated and we hope to have another chance in the future to create the experience that you deserve. Thank you for your review.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

My first visit to this hotel was around July of this year and it was exceptional. I have frequented here often since then and I am utterly appalled at how badly the service, staff, cleanliness and convenience has declined since my first visit.

I often try to book the "Deluxe suite" as I originally found it to be very nice. Each time there after when I tried to book this suite I was told by the staff that no room with such a name existed. I was then told by the reservations hotline that a room with such a name did exist. The staff at the hotel is completely clueless as to what their own rooms entail. They make it incredibly difficult to book the room you are looking for. I often called and spoke to Travis who consistently could never answer any question and would immediately put me on hold. He would tell me he would be back with the answer and then transfer me to another completely clueless teller without explaining to anyone my original question. I had to literally restate myself four or five times before getting a very vague response. Bottom line ... Booking here is a complete nightmare and I will never waste my time with Travis or another clueless teller again.

Additionally the room service is inconsistent at its best. I ended up spending 100 dollars on breakfast for in room dining and got a very small portion of eggs, cold toast, bitter coffee and the list goes on. I asked for Tabasco which they could not provide Stating they were out. I don't know what possessed me to give their steak a try but I immediately regretted my decision. Essentially the food and in room dining service is not worth the hassle and money.

I had to call the front desk around 6pm to Ask for housekeeping to come clean my room as they had not done so all day. I returned to find no fresh towels and shower and tub untouched. The room itself was overall run down with stains on the floor.

Furthermore, wifi connection is terrible and they charge 10 dollars a day to use a connection that is weak. I could probably get a better connection from my room by using signal from one down the street, and it would be free.

I once spent an additional fee for what they call the "romance package" to find it was a HUGE waste of money. The package advertises "late check out" but I had two different house keepers banging on my door at 11 and 12.

After my ranting I will sum it up this way. I will ever again give business to this hotel. I have wasted a lot of time and money hoping they will improve but it only gets worse. The staff is clueless inefficient and not well trained. The quality is nowhere near enough for what you spend. Hilton you should truly be embarrassed. Your staff has absolutely no idea about their rooms and always redirect you to someone else. Shameful!

• Stayed November 2012
The disappointment you’ve shared in your comments is certainly not the experience that we expect for our guests. While we can understand your frustration with not receiving the answers you required, please let us further explain the type of rooms available. We offer a King Bed Deluxe guestroom which includes upgraded amenities. Additionally, we offer Executive, Governor & Presidential Suites which are luxuriously enhanced for ultimate comfort. We do apologize for any confusion. All feedback that we receive is highly valued and we will use this opportunity to strengthen our commitment to providing the best in service to each and every guest. We hope for the chance to welcome you back in the future and sincerely thank you for your comments.
Ridgefield, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We have had the pleasure now twice to seek refuge at the Hilton in Stamford due to a week long power outage both times. The first from a freak snow storm last year that left most of Connecticut without power and the second from Hurricane Sandy.

All of the employees have handled themselves with extreme politeness and general willingness to please in both cases. That is not an easy thing to do when most everyone is there not by choice but by necessity. My hat goes off to the chef. In this storm, he had to improvise a buffet and feed a lot of people when he and/or the hotel could not get shipments of food. In fact, one breakfast, after the crowd had devoured everything in site, the chef made me and anyone else a special batch of fresh hot muffins after finding out there were none left. All of the employees though from the front desk to the bell man really were happy and willing to help in anyway even if they could not get home to their families. My husband and I cannot thank those who work there enough for the upbeat attitude. The rooms are great too. Just don't position yourself near an ice machine, kind of gets busy in times like we had.

Room Tip: Rooms not near ice machine are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
We are truly humbled by your gracious comments and offer our heartfelt thanks for the time you took to share your experiences. Providing thoughtful and attentive service during not one, but two challenging times in CT, indeed shows the dedication our staff has to the Hilton Stamford Hotel and we are extremely proud of them. Your review will absolutely make them smile! It was certainly our pleasure to have you stay with us and we’d love to have you come back when the weather is favorable too! Thank you for your uplifting review.
Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Where to begin? The good things first,The king bed.It was very comfy!Also ,the bathroom was clean and lobby was inviting.Here we go to some of the many gross,unacceptable things.First check in, the girl was yawning,and could not be more uninterested in doing her job.Next ,in room I found a prior guests clothes crumpled up in the pull out couch,and hair ties on floor.Broken springs behind couch,and crumbs under desk.I'm sorry I though vacuuming was standard.I had to call front desk four times to get it taken care of.I was bothering them.
I am so not picky,but I was expecting a little service and felt it lacked,BIG TIME.Last came room service ,which was promised in 45 minutes( ok,I'm patient,even though that seems a little long)I just knew it would be longer...yup, hour and half. I could just go on and on,so not worth it.
I have stayed at the Stamford Marriott several times and love it,and have never had any issues there. I am so glad others in elevator felt the same of this place. Employees all need some serious customer service training!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Please accept our sincerest apologies that we did not create the experience you deserved as a valued guest. Your comments will be shared with all departments to re-emphasize the high standards in place for customer service and attention to detail. While it seems that you received a restful night's sleep, we are truly disappointed that the remainder of your stay was not fully enjoyable. We value the feedback you've offered and thank you for your review.
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Hilton should really be embarrassed about that place. It's not worthy of the Hilton brand. Where to start? Check in--The room I booked (king) was not available. Keep in mind the king room was not a request, it was what I booked and paid extra for. What I have discovered is this hotel moves people around from their original assigned room. My room key card had 2 different room numbers marked out on it. Gold members are to receive 2 bottles of water in their room..no water for me. My guess--the water was in one of the other rooms they had me booked in. Never got the water. Paint is peeling in the bathroom ceiling. Stains on the wallpaper. Very disappointed in this property.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We couldn't be more disappointed than to hear that your recent stay was not as you had anticipated. It is our goal to ensure a seamless experience for all our guests, and we do apologize that your stay did not reflect that. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay and we hope to have an opportunity in the future to regain your trust in our brand.

Been to Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!