I am a Hilton honors member and have averaged more than twelve nights in other Hilton group hotels for the past several years. If this property is not the worst hotel in the chain, I hope I don't stay in the anchor hotel! When I called to make reservation I was quoted a rate $5 per night higher than the Hilton website was showing. We were charge $13 per day for valet parking because there is no free parking in the area. The property also refused to give us the free breakfast coupons that are part of the Hilton honors program. My wife and I declined the opportunity to pay $19 plus tax per person for the breakfast buffet.
The bathroom in the room we were assigned needed basic maintenance beyond normal housekeeping. A large piece of marble was missing from the counter surrounding the sink and the floor drain in the tub was partially clogged.
The hotel neglects picking up trash in the lobby, fitness area, pool area and outside the building. I went to swim between 10 and 11 in the morning only to find bottles, cans and glasses remaining on the floor from the previous evening's party below the “eating and drinking not permitted” warning sign.
This Hilton hotel has a pet program that is not very friendly to guests or pets. We had to fill out forms about our dog that included several limitations that were not mentioned when I phoned to make a reservation. Pets are not allowed to be alone in the room at any time. Since pets are not permitted in the restaurant, room service is the only alternative to leaving the property for meals. Pets are also not permitted in the pool area so you won't be able to enjoy a swim or to use the hot tub. Oh, don't try using the gym either! The hotel charges a flat one time fee of $50 per pet but the hotel does not have special dog accommodations. Fortunately my wife and I were able to put our pet in day care at a nearby Pet Smart for an additional $25 per day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located outside of New York City -- with access to Amtrak, Metro-North and I-95 — the recently renovated Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center offers the ideal combination of convenience, comfort and courteous service. Following a multimillion-dollar renovation, our hotel boasts newly refurbished guest rooms, spacious suites, and state of the art event and meeting space. Unwind after a long work day at our restaurant and lounge, serving American cuisine and cocktails throughout the day. Or relax in our sparkling swimming pool or heated whirlpool. Surrounded by dynamic businesses and local attractions, our upscale accommodations will enhance your upcoming visit or corporate gathering. A popular choice among Stamford hotels, the Hilton is a landmark destination with easy access to both Boston and New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Stamford Hotel And Executive Meeting Center
- Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Stamford
- Hilton Hotel Stamford
- Stamford Hilton