I didn't expect what i saw driving up the driveway to the hotel. Corporate buildings are on both sides of this hotel. Ernst Young on one side, Elizabeth Arden of the other.
Once pass this the driveway circle had beautiful flowers surrounding the and lining the driveway. The entrance was modern with a doorman in uniform waiting for us. He opened our doors and immediately welcomed us to the hotel. Walking us to the reception desk he told us of the amenities at the hotel. The receptionist had our reservation on her screen within minutes. She also informed us of the amenities in the hotel. We asked for an upgrade but were unable to get one so the receptionist gave us complimentary entrance to the Executive club for the length or our stay.
Our room was a welcomed site, clean, warm with colors, comfort in the beds and the arm chair with ottoman.
The bathroom was large, very clean and the amenities on the vanity were plentiful with fresh aromatic fragrances.
The thermostat on the wall allowed us to regulate our air quality without any difficult. It was silent when it turned on and off. The beds were comfortable, the only thing I didn't like was the pillows were down and I am allergic to down. I did request a foam pillow but never received it. I did inform the desk of this.
The food in the restaurant was very good. The buffet breakfast had an excellent variety of breakfast food. A bit pricey but for a short stay it was worth it.
What I found out was this hotel has a courtesy van taking guest to and from the downtown area in Stamford. That was something I could've have used if I were staying longer.
All in all this was a very surprising pleasant stay at this hotel.
On a scale of one to ten I would give it a ten.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located outside of New York City -- with access to Amtrak, Metro-North and I-95 — the recently renovated Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center offers the ideal combination of convenience, comfort and courteous service. Following a multimillion-dollar renovation, our hotel boasts newly refurbished guest rooms, spacious suites, and state of the art event and meeting space. Unwind after a long work day at our restaurant and lounge, serving American cuisine and cocktails throughout the day. Or relax in our sparkling swimming pool or heated whirlpool. Surrounded by dynamic businesses and local attractions, our upscale accommodations will enhance your upcoming visit or corporate gathering. A popular choice among Stamford hotels, the Hilton is a landmark destination with easy access to both Boston and New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, Hilton Hotels and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Stamford Hotel And Executive Meeting Center
- Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Stamford
- Hilton Hotel Stamford
- Stamford Hilton