“Wonderful friendly place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 372 Restaurants in Stamford
Middletown, Connecticut
“Wonderful friendly place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I've been to Trips many times while visiting my parents. The food is consistently delicious! The specials are interesting and are reasonably priced. There is great variety of food on the regular menu! Most of all, the staff at Trips is very friendly, warm and welcoming! It is my favorite restaurant when visiting the Stamford area.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Stamford, CT
“Great Local Hangout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Trips is a local favorite. If you plan on visiting on a Friday or Saturday evening, do yourself a favor and call ahead for a reservation because the place is usually packed. There is a small, but lively bar area and the main dining room seats about 50 people. I usually have the prime rib and it is one one of the best around for the price. I highly recommend this little gem tucked away in Glenbrook.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stamford, Connecticut
“delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Family owned, warm friendly restaurant outside of downtown. Delicious food. Have been there often and their weekday specials are a great deal. My two new favorites are swordfish Carribean and tilapia Francese. I don't know which I enjoyed more. Their burger is so juicy and delicious! Love the French onion soup. They also do catering and I have ordered trays of Chicen Marsala, penne ala vodka, and salads for large family parties.

Be sure to try to get a seat at the bar and watch the bartender on a Saturday night...constant motion and always time for a joke!

Visited July 2013
Stamford, Connecticut
“disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I ordered chicken with eggplant and mozzarella cheese. I actually had to chew the eggplant - finally the waiter and the owner decided it was a "bad" batch of eggplant. They deducted my meal from the check but I still think it was a little too expensive. I don't have any intention of going back

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Welcoming restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have known the Trips' family for years and have always enjoyed the food, the service and, especially, the warm atmosphere.
Prime rib, soft-shelled crabs are our favorites, but everything is done well!
We go frequently and are never disappointed!

• Visited April 2013