“Great location!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I spent four nights on business and was very pleased. Suite was very comfortable and clean. Hotel/rooms can use a makeover, decor it's outdated. Breakfast is ok but not great. You can leave your car and walk to all the restaurants/bars. A few shops and the mall are about 10 minutes away (walking distance). Staff is very friendly especially Ebony at the front desk. Laundry is on site and the WIFI is consistent. Overall I will return to the Stamford Suites.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sansani C, Front Office Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Belle M,

Pleasure making your accomodation a beautiful experience. Thank you for your review and description of our property including things to do off site. As always we try our best efforts for excellence. We look forward to accomodating you in the near future.

Beautiful Regards,

Ebony Moss
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Hamilton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed 5 nights while attending tapings of Steve Wilkos and Maury. (in audience, not onstage)The staff was friendly and efficient, greeting us each time we entered or left. Rooms very large, 2 flat screen tvs, kitchen with full size stove and refrig. Dishwasher too. Secure underground parking (free). Several diners, bars and stores in easy walking distance. Nice restaurants in walking distance too. Every request/question to staff was addressed immediately. I will stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Richard K,

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review for our Stamford Suites Hotel. It was a pleasure having you here as our guest. I am glad that you enjoyed your suite with fully equipped kitchen, full size refrigerator and the 2 flat screen TVs. It is great to hear that you were able to walk around the hotel and find restaurants and bars nearby.

I hope you had a great time in Stamford and ,especially, attending the taping of Steve Wilkos and Maury shows. We are less than a mile from the Rich Forum Theater where the shows are taped 4 days a week.

We look forward to welcoming you back here again for your next trip in Stamford.

Regards,
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The room is large which is perfect for my 2 toddlers with 2 cribs in the living room, my husband and me. We stayed on the weekend when they don't have a shuttle operated but that was quite ok. They are located right in the downtown area where we could walk to everything. I mean EVERYTHING. There are a lot of restaurants only a block from the hotel. The mall is close by. It is not far from the highway either. Our room was clean. The off-site gym is a full serviced which my husband loved it while we were there. The only thing if we may suggest was that the breakfast hours were too short during the weekend. We came down around 10am and most of the stuff were gone. But since we had a kitchen in the room that I could stock some milk and eggs it wasn't that big of the deal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear VVohio,

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review for Stamford Suites Hotel. It was a pleasure having you here. I am happy that we could accommodate your entire family with 2 children and 2 cribs. Yes our location is prime. We are located in the heart of downtown Stamford where it is very convenient to walk to restaurants and other entertainment. Our continental breakfast hours are 6am to 9am. The breakfast items are replenished until 9am. We usually keep it running after 9am until the food is finished.

Thank you again for choosing our Stamford Suites Hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me for your future reservation or if you have any question. We look forward to welcoming you back here soon!

Hospitably yours,
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed here for 3 weeks. We needed a space which we can be comfortable, as we have a 11 month old with us.

We had a mixed experience in this place, it all started with the booking of a cab through the hotel, which did not work out. We were told since then, it has changed to make sure there is offering of taxis or shuttle arranged by the hotel with a fee available. This we did use when we completed our stay.

The apartments are really spacious, and have everything you need. However because it is not sparkly new, there are some maintenance issues such as loud air conditioning, overall cleanliness of tubs, sinks and kitchen etc. We cleaned the windows ourselves having read the reviews from others on trip advisor! So we had a clear view of the outside! Nevertheless maintenance personnel and maid service is good. Very friendly.

Location wise - within walking distance to the town area, library, and the shopping mall. There is also a convenient shuttle service for getting into work.

Overall very friendly staff, and although we had to change apartment once because of a leakage in the kitchen, all was well.

We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear TravelAndWrite,

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review for our Stamford Suites Hotel. I am sorry to hear that your arrival was not as smooth. But yes we now provide airport shuttle service with fee available for both arrival and departure for guest's convenience. I am happy that you enjoyed our spacious suite and utilized the kitchen and appliances.

We have been working on upgrading our suite, soft renovation. After completing with new flat screen TVs, microwaves, kitchen utensils, bar stools, dining chairs, bedding, iPod dock radio clock, cable channels upgrade, telephones, curve shower rod and shower curtain - this year we are moving on to kitchen counter top, cabinet and so on.

Our location is prime, in the heart of downtown Stamford, within walking distance to everything. It is great to hear that our shuttle service was helpful.

Thank you for recognizing our staff. The compliment like this makes our day! Thank you for being our guests and for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Weehawken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I did not specifically request the largest suite style in this hotel, but that is what I got. This a full, one room apartment and a comfortable one, at that. In Manhattan, an apartment like this would sell for at least a million plus dollars, but even though that's Manhattan and this is Stamford, think about that when you stay in this suite.

I'm afraid that careful watching of HGTV "House Hunters" might have made us all more critical of this type of space, instead of appreciative, but as I'm a fan of "House Hunters" I'm going to tell you why we are in love with it, followed by a brief description of what is less than perfect.

Love: Clean. Great smelling. Comfy kingsize bed with plenty of pillows. *4* huge closets. Very large bedroom. Windows surrounding the space starting in the livingroom and ending in the bedroom. Spectacular sun rises!!! Very nice views. Self-adjusting heat in the livingroom and bedroom spot on. A relatively large open-concept kitchen (at least, it shared livingroom space). A big glass diningroom table. A sturdy desk. Comfortable stuffed furniture (one being a sofa bed), *2* flat screen TVs (amazing). A jet tub.

If nothing else, the temperature and the feel of the air in this room was perfect.

Less than perfect: Strangely, there were places where wood was worn, with one area being by the elevator on the 7th floor and another around the edges of the kitchen. This is such an easy fix, I wonder why it wasn't done (I almost felt like stopping at a hardware store and picking up appropriate products to fix it myself).

The bathroom with perfect, jetted tub also held an old 1970s style vanity with drawers that suffered from a few issues. If you look down on the sink, it appeared OK, but the view of the edges of it while seated on the toilet provided a more shabby view. And the 1970s cabnets in the kitchen could use an upgrade, but that is a quibble.

Window Glass: Very unfortunate, the double-pane windows were slightly foggy, which effects the quality of the sweeping views during the day, though not a problem at night. I do not know how profitable the hotel is, but if it is socking away cash, I highly recommend that the windows be replaced. Other than that, there was NOT one draft in the suite and we stayed during 10-degree weather.

And the good again: Carpet in good condition (better than most medium-priced hotels) *No Smoking* (need I say more? This is a smoke-free building.) Attentive front desk staff (Hi Ebony). The cleaning staff that I met did not speak English well, however, were very friendly and efficient.l

So, this is really an almost perfect suite, with just a few flaws. The wood issues seem like an easy fix and as it appears management checks these reviews, I hope he or she "gets it on." For the big ticket, I recommend tackling the vanity in the bathroom, and for a major reinvestment, replace the windows.

But, outside of that, my husband and I were in heaven staying here and if you are not too freaked out by the details I mentioned here, I think you would be, too.

BTW, Stamford has a "restaurant row" on Bedford Street. Behind the restaurants is a huge parking lot that may not be obvious to people staying briefly. All local restaurants (no chains) in the area. It's within easy walking distance from the hotel, not that we walked when the temperatures were so low (which is why I'm mentioning that parking lot).

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor, room 7072. Great views. Very quiet. Lovely in the evening! And the sun r...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Littleviews,

Thank you for taking your time and writing the detailed review for our Stamford Suites Hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your suite. And thank you for your suggestion. We have been working on upgrading our suites little by little. In 2012, we finished recarpetting, painting, installing 2 flat screen TVs and cable, upgrading wireless hi-speed internet, new bedding, new iPod dock radio clock in bedroom, new telephone system, new microwaves, and added to the value our shuttle service. We will work on the edges of the kitchen and the elevator area on the 7th floor as suggested. I am glad to hear that the double-pane windows block breezy draft from outside very well. The panoramic window panel and bathroom vanity will be on our to do list in the future. As nobody is perfect, we are doing the best we can to satisfy our guests.

The "restaurant row" on Bedford Street is well described. We are only a block away from it. Our other advantage is that even though we are located in the heart of Stamford Downtown, we offer complimentary parking both indoor and outdoor.

Thank you again for the detailed review and for your suggestion. Your input is very important to us. We will never stop improving our hotel ground to serve our guests and make their next stay better every time they come back. We hope to see you again soon!

Carmel, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Overall, this hotel was good -- not great, not bad. The staff was friendly, especially the woman who checked us in at 1:00 am! The suite was clean and comfortable, and housekeeping did a good job keeping it that way. The fold-out bed was what you might expect -- not regular-bed comfy, but serviceable. It was nice having a full-sized refrigerator, stove and microwave to use. The continental breakfast was on the skimpy side -- coffee, tea, juice, pastries -- but all items were fine. We could walk to a nearby pharmacy. Downtown Stamford was maybe half a mile away, and it has lots of big and little stores, restaurants, movie theaters and the like. Try Lucky's, an old-fashioned burger and fries joint. They have wonderful malts!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Lindylndy,

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review for our Stamford Suites Hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your suite. Thank you for recognizing our staff. We want to make sure our guests feel like home. Yes our kitchen in every suite has a full sized refrigerator, stove top oven, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker, and all kitchen utensils that you can use. Our complimentary continental breakfast is daily. And yes we are in a walking distance to Stamford Downtown where stores, restaurants, and all entertainment are located.

I hope to see you again. Please do not hesitate to contact me for future inquiry. Look forward to having you back here again.

Regards,
Syracuse, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

3 of us traveled to Stamford on business and most hotels were booked. Stamford Suites looked nice online, but was not clean or updated. A week later all 3 of us were hit for credit card fraud after our stay there. The only common place was this hotel... stay away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Syracuse_12,

Thank you for being our guest at Stamford Suites Hotel and for taking your time writing about us. I am sorry to hear that you and your colleagues had the problem after you left. I ensure you that the system that we are using is the same as hundreds if not thousands of other hotels around the world are using. It is reliable and secured otherwise we will not use it because, as any other hotels do, we handle payment daily - cash or credit cards, I hope you bank is able to resolve your issue soon. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in any way.

Sansani Chanthakitkong

Been to Stamford Suites? Share your experiences!