“A very comfortable, safe and pleasant place to stay for both short or long term” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stamford Suites

You added Stamford Suites to your Saves list
Stamford Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   720 Bedford Street, Stamford, CT 06901   |
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I live in Stamford and was very lucky to find a place to stay at the Stamford Suites during the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. I went to the hotel a few days before the hurricane to check out the place, since a negative review was written several years ago, and I wanted to see for myself. I was shown two very comfortable and clean suites. We stayed at the hotel for six days and had a very quiet, pleasant and comfortable experience. Although the hotel does not have a spa, the tub in the bath does have jets to simulate a jacuzzi or whirlpool. Our suite came with a king size bed in a separate spacious bedroom. There are eight floors to the hotel and a total of 45 suites. I was told that the hotel was built in 1982. The corner suites are larger than the others, but all of the suites are very clean, spacious and comfortable with a fully equipped kitchenette. This is not a fancy hotel, but it offers very good value for what you get. Some of the furniture in the room show signs of normal wear and tear from usage over the years, and I was told that they will be replaced in the future. The price they charge was very fair compared to other single room hotels in the city and area. The three front desk staff ladies, Ebony, Fana and Tara were very helpful, pleasant and polite to us and the other guests. The four housekeeping staff ladies were hard working, meticulous about their work and very accommodating. The two maintenance workers were very polite and prompt to deliver
service. This hotel is located in the heart of downtown Stamford within easy access to a variety of restaurants, movie houses, pharmacies, shopping at the Stamford Town Center Mall and other local shops, nightlife, Interstate I-95 and the Merritt Parkway. The hotel offers indoor and outdoor parking, although most guests prefer to park outdoors, right outside of the lobby. The hotel is very safe, quiet and is located right across from the police station. The hotel offers a nice continental breakfast in the morning from 6-9 a.m. It also offers a complimentary shuttle service to the Stamford Train Station and local corporate offices from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m, and in the evening from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. I was told that they also offer shuttle service to the airports for a fee, but arrangements must be made and paid in advance. There is a laundry room in the basement with three washers and three driers for the guests. The one complaint that I had is, I was told that I could make local calls free of charge, but the phones did not work. However, when I was checking out of the hotel the maintenance workers told me that the phone service provider was actually in the hotel fixing the problem.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner suites, because they are larger, but any suite in the hotel will be comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear travelace 71,

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review for Stamford Suites Hotel. It was a pleasure having you here. I am glad that we were able to serve you in the time of need. I hope your home now is back to normal condition.

Thank you very much for the detailed information regarding our hotel amenities such as whirlpool bath tub, fully equipped kitchen, continental breakfast, our laundry facility, and shuttle service. Thank you for noticing how helpful our staff had been for you. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Again I appreciate you taking your time to write a detailed piece of information. Look forward to having you here again!

Sansani Chanthakitkong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I lived in this suites hotel for last four months. I am very sorry I didn't know about it before and used to live in another one.

Hotel's location is in the heart of Stamford downtown. You can walk to mall, parks, movies, restaurants. It's near I95 and not far from Merrit, so you easily drive out from the town.

I lived in 5 or 6 different rooms - all of the rooms have fully equipped kitchen and bathrooms with Jacuzzi baths.

Unlike all other suites hotels I stayed in, this one has room service on daily basis.

I liked everything in this hotel - it's staff, it's location, it's asian design.

If I'll ever need to stay in suites for a long time again, I'll stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for corner rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Michael A,

Thank you for taking your time and writing about our Stamford Suites Hotel. It was a pleasure having you here. Thank you for noticing the convenience of our location which is right in the heart of Stamford Downtown area. Although we are located in the center of the city where you can pretty much walk to everything, we also offer shuttle service that can take you anywhere in Stamford within 5 mile radius.

Thank you for your loyalty. We look forward to having you here again.

Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were fortunate enough to stay at the Stamford Suites during the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Given the dearth of available rooms, I especially appreciated what I considered to be fair pricing.
Although the suites are not fancy, they are clean and spacious. The kitchenette is fully equipped, although a few more dishes would be nice to have. The room offers plenty of furniture for dining, relaxing and working on one's laptop.The towels and bed linens were in good condition and of fair quality. The mattress was comfortable.
The front office staff, especially Ebony, were professional, courteous and polite in their interactions with me and other visitors. This is especially noteworthy given the fact that they were inundated by frantic callers seeking shelter from the storm.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear R L,

Thank you for taking your time and writing about our Stamford Suites Hotel. It is a pleasure to have you as our guest. I am happy to hear that we were able to serve you and be of help in the time of need. I hope we were able to make you feel like home and hope that your 'home' is now back to the 'home' you used to.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel stands out because the rooms are all true suites, separate bedroom with a king bed, living room and kitchen. They now run a shuttle service morning and evening which saves cab fare to the station, but in any case Stamford restaurants and shopping are walk-able.
Good value in an expensive town.

• Stayed October 2012
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Imackin,

Thank you for taking your time to write about our Stamford Suites Hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your suite and the location of our hotel. Yes we now provide complimentary shuttle service to local corporate offices, train station, restaurants, and other entertainment in Stamford. I hope you were able to utilize the shuttle service as well.

Thank you again for being our guest. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any inquiry for your future reservation. I will take care of your reservation and upgrade to our Royal Suite (750sq.ft.) with 42" flat screen TV, larger living area, and a dining table. We look forward to having you here again soon.

Regards,
West Islip, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night while attending a golf tournament in the area. I specifically asked when I reserved the room, that the sofa bed be made up and opened for our arrival. When we checked in and I asked if it had been done, the receptionist politely replied that she didn't know and that she did not make the reservation. She said she would give me sheets if it was not. It was not. When I returned to the lobby, she gave me sheets, one pillow and no blanket. (Apparently they were out.)
The hotel and the rooms are a bit dated, but yes they do have nice flat screened tvs. WiFi is complementary, but automatically logs you off after about an hour. No ice machines for people who may want to fill a cooler for travel.
Clearly this hotel is meant for people who are staying for an extended period of time.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Mlacoach,

Thank you for taking your time and writing about our Stamford Suites Hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience at your arrival. However I am glad to hear that you were able to utilize our sofa bed for extra person without extra charge, the complimentary WiFi, and the flat screen TVs which are newly updated earlier this year.

Our one bedrooms suites have fully equipped kitchen with full size refrigerator, microwave, stove top oven, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker, and a dining table. The living area attached to the kitchen has a sofa bed, coffee table and an executive work desk. We facilitate extended stay guests as well as short term stay.

I hope to see you again. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any inquiry. I will personally take care of your reservation and will upgrade you to our Royal Suite.

Regards,
Witney, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

All looked very dull . Air conditioning not great and extractor in bathroom horrendously loud . Would not stay here again . We have previously stayed in many different hotels and bed and breakfast establishments, and this has been a real let down .

• Stayed October 2012
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Barbara2002,

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review for our Stamford Suites Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant time while you were staying with us. I apologize for the inconvenience. Maintenance issues occur all the time and I wish you gave us a chance to fix the problem so you could enjoy your stay. We have maintenance staff 7 days a week.

I hope you were able to enjoy other service and amenities such as complimentary shuttle service to local area, access to local health club, complimentary wifi internet access, etc. Again I apologize for the inconvenience. We hope to see you again.

Best Regards,

Palm Desert, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I am giving this hotel a four rating primarily because of the value, which I think is quite good. The physical plant still needs some upgrading (our door lock had to be replaced, stains on chairs, closet doors off the track) some of which can be attributed to the fact that this is an extended stay hotel and kitchens and food are involved. That tends to add to the difficulty of keeping things looking new. But for the money, this is a good place. The beds are comfortable, the shower water is hot, and the flat screens TV's look new. Coffee is available in the lobby in the morning and you can walk to the train to NY. You also have a good location if you want to work/visit in Fairfield County. All in all, not a bad place. And the staff was kind and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Palmdesertdog,

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review for our Stamford Suites Hotel. It was very nice to hear that our suite was worth the money you spent. Yes we are an extended stay hotel. We have been working on upgrading our ground and furniture. We installed the flat screen TVs earlier this year. We are doing our best to make our guests feel like home. I hope you were able to use our complimentary shuttle service to the train station even though it is in a walking distance.

Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Best Regards,