“Safe, Comfortable and Polite” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   720 Bedford Street, Stamford, CT 06901   |
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Stamford, Connecticut
“Safe, Comfortable and Polite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were fortunate enough to stay at the Stamford Suites during the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Given the dearth of available rooms, I especially appreciated what I considered to be fair pricing.
Although the suites are not fancy, they are clean and spacious. The kitchenette is fully equipped, although a few more dishes would be nice to have. The room offers plenty of furniture for dining, relaxing and working on one's laptop.The towels and bed linens were in good condition and of fair quality. The mattress was comfortable.
The front office staff, especially Ebony, were professional, courteous and polite in their interactions with me and other visitors. This is especially noteworthy given the fact that they were inundated by frantic callers seeking shelter from the storm.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear R L,

Thank you for taking your time and writing about our Stamford Suites Hotel. It is a pleasure to have you as our guest. I am happy to hear that we were able to serve you and be of help in the time of need. I hope we were able to make you feel like home and hope that your 'home' is now back to the 'home' you used to.

Hospitably Yours,
Sansani Chanthakitkong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel stands out because the rooms are all true suites, separate bedroom with a king bed, living room and kitchen. They now run a shuttle service morning and evening which saves cab fare to the station, but in any case Stamford restaurants and shopping are walk-able.
Good value in an expensive town.

• Stayed October 2012
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Imackin,

Thank you for taking your time to write about our Stamford Suites Hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your suite and the location of our hotel. Yes we now provide complimentary shuttle service to local corporate offices, train station, restaurants, and other entertainment in Stamford. I hope you were able to utilize the shuttle service as well.

Thank you again for being our guest. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any inquiry for your future reservation. I will take care of your reservation and upgrade to our Royal Suite (750sq.ft.) with 42" flat screen TV, larger living area, and a dining table. We look forward to having you here again soon.

West Islip, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night while attending a golf tournament in the area. I specifically asked when I reserved the room, that the sofa bed be made up and opened for our arrival. When we checked in and I asked if it had been done, the receptionist politely replied that she didn't know and that she did not make the reservation. She said she would give me sheets if it was not. It was not. When I returned to the lobby, she gave me sheets, one pillow and no blanket. (Apparently they were out.)
The hotel and the rooms are a bit dated, but yes they do have nice flat screened tvs. WiFi is complementary, but automatically logs you off after about an hour. No ice machines for people who may want to fill a cooler for travel.
Clearly this hotel is meant for people who are staying for an extended period of time.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Mlacoach,

Thank you for taking your time and writing about our Stamford Suites Hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience at your arrival. However I am glad to hear that you were able to utilize our sofa bed for extra person without extra charge, the complimentary WiFi, and the flat screen TVs which are newly updated earlier this year.

Our one bedrooms suites have fully equipped kitchen with full size refrigerator, microwave, stove top oven, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker, and a dining table. The living area attached to the kitchen has a sofa bed, coffee table and an executive work desk. We facilitate extended stay guests as well as short term stay.

I hope to see you again. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any inquiry. I will personally take care of your reservation and will upgrade you to our Royal Suite.

Witney, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

All looked very dull . Air conditioning not great and extractor in bathroom horrendously loud . Would not stay here again . We have previously stayed in many different hotels and bed and breakfast establishments, and this has been a real let down .

• Stayed October 2012
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Barbara2002,

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review for our Stamford Suites Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant time while you were staying with us. I apologize for the inconvenience. Maintenance issues occur all the time and I wish you gave us a chance to fix the problem so you could enjoy your stay. We have maintenance staff 7 days a week.

I hope you were able to enjoy other service and amenities such as complimentary shuttle service to local area, access to local health club, complimentary wifi internet access, etc. Again I apologize for the inconvenience. We hope to see you again.

Best Regards,

Palm Desert, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I am giving this hotel a four rating primarily because of the value, which I think is quite good. The physical plant still needs some upgrading (our door lock had to be replaced, stains on chairs, closet doors off the track) some of which can be attributed to the fact that this is an extended stay hotel and kitchens and food are involved. That tends to add to the difficulty of keeping things looking new. But for the money, this is a good place. The beds are comfortable, the shower water is hot, and the flat screens TV's look new. Coffee is available in the lobby in the morning and you can walk to the train to NY. You also have a good location if you want to work/visit in Fairfield County. All in all, not a bad place. And the staff was kind and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Palmdesertdog,

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review for our Stamford Suites Hotel. It was very nice to hear that our suite was worth the money you spent. Yes we are an extended stay hotel. We have been working on upgrading our ground and furniture. We installed the flat screen TVs earlier this year. We are doing our best to make our guests feel like home. I hope you were able to use our complimentary shuttle service to the train station even though it is in a walking distance.

Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Best Regards,

jnttmnz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

In April 2012, I purchased the Stamford Suites Escape Getaway Package that included a One –Night Stay for Two in a King Suite/Free Upgrade to a Royal Suite (if available), with a three course fixed-menu dinner w/ wine at the neighboring Capriccio Café, Two Movie Tickets to Bow-Tie Cinemas, and Two Gym Passes to Stamford Athletic Club.

From the moment we arrived at the Stamford Suites, we were immediately impressed with the Asian décor in the hotel’s lobby and were greeted warmly by a friendly front-desk employee, who although it was his first day returning to work (car accident….long story), and he was not aware of the LivingSocial offer, he got us checked-in and settled ASAP, in fact, he called in our reservations on our behalf and politely reminded me that my reservation was quickly approaching and I should probably get going (love it!).

We arrived at the Cappriccio Café, and although the waiters initially seemed unfamiliar with the fixed menu details, we finally settled in and began our dinner which was fabulous. Roasted vegetable appetizer, tilapia, white wine, and gelato for dessert….the works!

When we returned to the SS for the night, we were blown away by the beautiful furnishings, and stunning views of the city. Last but not least, the quality of the bedding is unmatched-down comforters and superb-quality plush bedding – one of the best night’s sleep that I have had in ages!! I was so impressed, I contacted the hotel and asked them for the specific mattress model (which they gladly provided) and I purchased one for my home.

I was also able to use the gym tickets and move tickets at another time. Nothing lost…

Will definitely visit SS again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Jnttmnz,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review for our Stamford Suites Hotel. It was great to hear that you had a wonderful experience while you were staying with us. Thank you for noticing our decor. They are antique imported from mainland China and Thailand. I am glad that our staff was able to assist you at check in according to the package deal. the Capriccio Cafe delivered a satisfied meal for you, and that you enjoyed our bed so much that you had to call the next day to inquire about it. We just bought new mattresses earlier this year.

I really appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back here soon!

Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Really nice rooms and really helpful staff. Spacious, clean and tidy rooms, bath rooms.
Rooms have flatscreen TV, much better than one room hotel with similar price. Since suites have separate room and living room area, family member can choose to watch TV while other is sleeping.
The place is at a very short distance from Stamford downtown, Train Station, I-95 and very easily accessible. They also provide shuttle service to downtown/train station.
Cheers,
Vivek

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Vivek B,

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review for our Stamford Suites Hotel. I am glad to hear that your stay with us was pleasant. You are absolutely right, we are located in a walking distance to Stamford Downtown. We are only 1/2 mile from I-95 and train station. I hope you were able to use our shuttle service while you were staying with us.

Thank you again for your comment. Your feedback is very important to us. Please do not hesitate to contact me for your future reservation.Look forward to welcoming you back here soon.

(203) 359-7303

Been to Stamford Suites? Share your experiences!