“Average event hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Stamford
New York
“Average event hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The hotel itself was lovely. Came here for a wedding. Only gets 3 stars because of the horrid shuttle service from the train station. I tried calling while we were on the train to let them know we were coming in 20 minutes to the train station. I was told that I had to call while I was physically at the station because the shuttle is only 5 minutes away. Called at the train station and endedup waiting 20 minutes.

Trying to get from the hotel to the train station was a mess again. I tried to book a time with the front desk and was told instead that I should just come down to the lobby. Turns out there is a time table - which would be great if they had told me at any point. Then when the time came for the shuttle to the train station, I was told the driver was helping a customer with their luggage. I was not happy, we were going to miss the trian due to this. The saving grace is that the front desk saw my distress and offered me a taxi to the train station

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Elaine C, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all the feedback we receive as it helps us to improve. We have brought your review to our Front Office and Bell teams for review of our shuttle service. The shuttle runs on the hour and the half-hour and within a 5 mile radius of the property. We have recently added another shuttle to accommodate additional requests. The team is working on a clearer communication plan between drivers and the Front Desk team to better dispatch and route the vans. Again we thank you very much for the feedback, and hope you will return to see the improvements we are capable of!

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel from October 4th to the 6th for my sister's nearby wedding. The hotel was just fantastic. The hotel has parking for guests at a more than reasonable $10/day and you can come and go as many times as you please using the same ticket. Check-in was a breeze and the ladies at reception were friendly and knowledgeable. The hotel lobby was well laid out and spacious. The business center complete with terminals and printers was a life saver.
We had a standard room on the 7th floor and it was spacious, comfortable and well laid out. There was plenty of storage and even a nice sized fridge in the room. There is also a room safe for your valuables and a nice flat screen TV. The mattress and pillows were so comfortable it was hard to get out of bed in the mornings. The bathroom was also a nice size and appointed nicely. The shower was great - it was beautiful and large and the water controls were easy to use. It really was such a pleasure to stay in such a nice hotel room when you have to prepare for attending and being part of a wedding.
We had breakfast one morning in the hotel restaurant and service was great. Our waiter was funny and helpful. The food was also great. It was $15/pp for an all-you-can-eat buffet. There were doughnuts, pastries, danishes, bagels, bread, sausage, bacon, eggs, potatoes, fresh made Belgian waffles and pancakes, made-to-order omelets, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, milk, coffee, tea, orange juice ... I mean seriously!? It was awesome!! It made the wedding day morning get off to a great start.
If you forget anything, there is a Walgreen's about 2 blocks away from the hotel. There is also a pizzeria 2 blocks away (past the Taco Bell ... then right past the gas station). Oh and something I didn't know but learned. If you need to cross the street ... apparently it's Connecticut law that cars must stop for pedestrians that go into a crosswalk. Wish we would have known that earlier as we waited forever to cross a street. So just keep that in mind.
We would definitely recommend staying at the Sheraton Stamford. It was a nicely laid out hotel with friendly staff that will make sure to take care of you.

Room Tip: We had people staying on the 5th, 7th and 8th floors and it seems everyone had a great room. No com...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and recommendation! You certainly touched on the many amenities, and facilities the property offers. We are so pleased you were able to enjoy your stay. Our team works hard to try to exceed our guest’s expectations, and it would seem that we succeeded. We hope that if your travels bring you to our area again, you will stay with us!
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Location - Positive: Located close to Stamford town center (mall) and a couple of good restaurants. Everything is within a mile or two walking distance

Rooms - Decent decor with very good quality linen, mattress and pillows. Very good sleep quality

Value for money - High: Paid $145/ night for a standard room, which is a steal for the facilities provided in the hotel

Transportation Service: The hotel provides free shuttle service in and around Stamford at regular intervals. In case you are not hard pressed for time and are okay to share a ride it's indeed a good service

Staff - Very friendly and polite, special mention to staff at front desk

Breakfast - I got a room at the club floor and free access to club room where complimentary Continental breakfast was served. I would have preferred 1-2 options for some hot food as well but overall the selection was decent

Room Tip: Try and get a room at club level - top floor; complimentary access to club room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that we were able to meet your expectations, and you enjoyed the location and facility. We hope you are able to enjoy many future visits with us as well!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Good location, close to the beach, shuttle services to 5 mile radius which covers everything from downtown to beaches, decent food, friendly staff & most importantly well kept rooms - these are the amenities you ll get, If you are a points seeker - this hotel gives you ample opportunities byond your regular stays. Only issue remains with paid parking & with no great view from the room.

Room Tip: Go for a higher and non-raffic signal facing room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. The location is wonderful, with easy access to the MetroNorth station, Town Center mall, and the beaches. We are so pleased that our team was helpful and courteous. The parking garage is $10 per day, with unlimited in and out privileges on the same ticket. We hope that if your travels bring you to the area again, you will think of us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

My mother and I stayed at the Sheraton Stamford en route to NYC with our dog and the staff was delightfully friendly, provided us with some treats and a bowl for our dog, and didn't mind her walking with us in the hallways. The room was clean, the beds were soft, and I look forward to staying here again later this month!

• Stayed October 2012
Elaine C, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you very much for the kind review! We are so pleased that you, your mother and you best friend were able to enjoy time with us! We enjoy when we are able to accommodate the entire “family” , and the team works hard to make everyone feel welcome and at home. We too, look forward to seeing you again!
Easthampton MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend trip to NYC. There is a free shuttle to the train station which is a 5 minute drive or you can walk in 15-20. There is a big mall in between with many places to eat. We paid a very low rate on Friday/Saturday night. Parking at 10 dollars is reasonable In many ways,typical city convention hotel, small rooms but nice bedding. Free internet and a fridge in the room. The pool is a bit small but the workout room is very nice. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that the hallways were freezing in the summer. In all, a great value and we would definitely stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Elaine C, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your review and kind recommendation! You have touched on the many wonderful features of the property. We are very pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations, and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to Stamford!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Skip all the other stamford hotels and please stay at Sheraton Stamford 700 Main. I first want to thank Carla who was extremely helpful and pleasant from the moment I stepped in the door. I stayed at the stamford marriott which is very expensive and not worth even a penny. Then I was going to stay at stamford plaza on summer street but it is a total dump even if it is cheap. I ran away fast. Then finally, I called the sheraton which I happened to see while I was passing the marriott. I am so glad that I decided to call them because they are awesome!!! The room is gorgeous and looks brand new. The staff is courteous and knowledgeable. The hotel is beautiful and the facilities are great (indoor heated pool, fitness center, full restaurant). This has been the best experience I have had in a long time. I didn't mind paying for parking because we got a lot for $120 per night (delicious and hot buffet breakfast included). My pet stayed with us and they are very gracious to pets. I am so upset that I didn't find this wonderful gem before I stayed at the marriott across the street. I wasted my money on marriott and even though I am a silver elite member, I think I will always look for a sheraton from now on!!!! Thank you Sheraton at Stamford. Oh and I forgot to tell you that we were extremely stressed out because our new condo is not ready yet and this stay at Sheraton has helped ease alot of that tension. The bed is very comfortable and I will be a Sheraton girl from now on. God bless you!

Room Tip: every guest we met was satisfied with their room no matter what side or floor they are on.. great j...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review and recommendation! We are so pleased that we have been able to exceed your expectations. Or team works hard to try to make each guest feel as comfortable as possible, and we are so pleased we have achieved that for your stay. You have touched upon many of the features of the property as well, and we again, are so pleased that you are able to enjoy these. Yes, the property does welcome your best friend, and we treat them as the valued member of your family they are! Although we will be disappointed to see your stay with us come to an end, we sincerely hope you enjoy your wonderful new home!

Been to Sheraton Stamford Hotel? Share your experiences!