“Hotel needs Infastructure & Cosmetic Update -Avoid - Poor service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Stamford Hotel and Spa

You added Marriott Stamford Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
Marriott Stamford Hotel and Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   243 Tresser Boulevard, 2 Stamford Forum, Stamford, CT 06901   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Woodstock, Connecticut
“Hotel needs Infastructure & Cosmetic Update -Avoid - Poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Recently stayed at Stamford Marriott three years after my prior visit to the same hotel. Very disappointed. The rugs and wall treatments were worn on the floor I stayed on. The first room we entered was very dated and worn, but clean, or so I thought. My wife picked up one of the in room magazines and it was covered with what appeared to be a food residue (like wet oatmeal). I went to the front desk and were were relocated to another room. The new room was clean, but the draft from the windows was so strong that the constant rush of heat and the drafty windows created moisture that froze the curtains to the window. Yes they literally froze to the window. I never received a call from the manager or front desk about the first room or were we satisified with the second room. I did receive a email that I noticed later the next day. REALLY, an e mail !!! You can't pick up the phone and call. I have often been a Marriott Platinum member (75+ nights a year). This Marriott is one of the worst.

The positive part of the trip was the breakfast in the morning. A much bigger and larger variety than most Marriotts.

Warning - Until you read there is a change in ownership and a complete remodel of this facility, don't stay here. Its a shame since it is a very good location in Stamford.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My Wife and I wanted to celebrate our 10th anniversary in Stamford CT. and The Marriott exceeded our expectations. This hotel is located in Downtown Stamford conveniently located right off of highway I95 across the street from the mall, close to bars and restaurants and attended by some of the nicest hotel staff we have ever encountered. Nice size rooms, chic restaurant and bar, a beautiful lobby including a delicious hot buffet and ready to order breakfast (get the bed and breakfast special) The only negative was paying $12 per day for parking, but other than that, everything else was superb including the excellent room rate at $119 per day. Definitely a must if you plan to travel to Stamford.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
mdr0214, Manager at Marriott Stamford Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
We really appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning our weekend packages, as they are a great way to save on the weekends! Please remember to take a look at some of our other weekend packages during your next stay with us in Stamford.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Very comfy beds. Was there for my birthday weekend. Kiddling my friend mentioned it was my birthday weekend to the breakfast maitre de. At the end of the meal he surprised me with a piece of cake and the staff singing me happy birthday. What a wonderful surprise!

• Stayed January 2013
Orange, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The hotel looks great for its age. The front desk staff was great to interact with. Everyone was very friendly, neat and prfessional. The lobby is very nice but cold near the revolving door.
I did see one gentleman,( he looked disshoveled, shirt dirty and sleaves unbuttoned ) that was loud and seemed to be yelling at one of the maintenance staff. I asked who that was and the girl at the desk said it was the Maintenance manager, ( Gus, I think) , I thought, as a manager myself for a large company, that he must not keep many people being that unprofessional and disrespectful to his employees. Not professional at all.

The restaurant is nice but average, seemed small and crowded sometimes. I did enjoy the bar at night, it was very very nice, great atmosphere to entertain clients.

The concierge lounge is very nice and a great view day or night

Room Tip: Look for a room away from the highway, looking south to NY and the city
Danbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

If you have stayed at a Marriott before then you know what to expect. Although I was surprised at how dated the rooms felt in comparison to other Marriott stays I've had across the country. The rooms were clean and they served their purpose. What drove us to have an overnight stay here was the Agora Spa. Great way to reconnect with your spouse where you can pamper yourselves and then hit the town afterward. Overall, there are better places to chose from than this one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Princeton Junction, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

As a frequent business traveller, I find myself in many hotels accross the country. I rarely have any complaints with day to day travel as amenities and services are often fairly standard. The Stamford Marriott offers exceptional service that makes this location a favorite of mine. For the last 3 years I have stayed a least 3 x a quarter on business travel. The staff goes above and beyond the call of duty conistently. They are always looking for a way to make your stay more enjoyable and efficient. I have forgetten a charger, had emergency plans come up and other minor business concerns arise and each was met with an ethusiatic offer of assistance. This is my favorite home away from home because of their fabulous people!!! My room is always clean with comfy beds and I love the custom shower. Right off 95 it is ideal for Stamford or a stay en route to anothersite. Great resteraunts and mall just cross the street. Concierge staff is always wonderful.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

The checkin process was very slow. Front desk clerk asked coworker if she wanted a morning paper and how to connect to the wireless Internet system. The clerk that I went to didn't say anything about how to connect and I had to ask. The room was right next to the elevator and was very noisy. The room was clean but overall I don't think I'd stay here again and I'm a rewards point member. I'm glad I didn't use my points on this room

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Marriott Stamford Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!