“Comfy Beds” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Stamford Hotel and Spa

Save Saved
You added Marriott Stamford Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
Marriott Stamford Hotel and Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   243 Tresser Boulevard, 2 Stamford Forum, Stamford, CT 06901   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 14 hotels in Stamford
New York
“Comfy Beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Very comfy beds. Was there for my birthday weekend. Kiddling my friend mentioned it was my birthday weekend to the breakfast maitre de. At the end of the meal he surprised me with a piece of cake and the staff singing me happy birthday. What a wonderful surprise!

• Stayed January 2013

546 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Orange, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The hotel looks great for its age. The front desk staff was great to interact with. Everyone was very friendly, neat and prfessional. The lobby is very nice but cold near the revolving door.
I did see one gentleman,( he looked disshoveled, shirt dirty and sleaves unbuttoned ) that was loud and seemed to be yelling at one of the maintenance staff. I asked who that was and the girl at the desk said it was the Maintenance manager, ( Gus, I think) , I thought, as a manager myself for a large company, that he must not keep many people being that unprofessional and disrespectful to his employees. Not professional at all.

The restaurant is nice but average, seemed small and crowded sometimes. I did enjoy the bar at night, it was very very nice, great atmosphere to entertain clients.

The concierge lounge is very nice and a great view day or night

Room Tip: Look for a room away from the highway, looking south to NY and the city
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Danbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

If you have stayed at a Marriott before then you know what to expect. Although I was surprised at how dated the rooms felt in comparison to other Marriott stays I've had across the country. The rooms were clean and they served their purpose. What drove us to have an overnight stay here was the Agora Spa. Great way to reconnect with your spouse where you can pamper yourselves and then hit the town afterward. Overall, there are better places to chose from than this one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Princeton Junction, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

As a frequent business traveller, I find myself in many hotels accross the country. I rarely have any complaints with day to day travel as amenities and services are often fairly standard. The Stamford Marriott offers exceptional service that makes this location a favorite of mine. For the last 3 years I have stayed a least 3 x a quarter on business travel. The staff goes above and beyond the call of duty conistently. They are always looking for a way to make your stay more enjoyable and efficient. I have forgetten a charger, had emergency plans come up and other minor business concerns arise and each was met with an ethusiatic offer of assistance. This is my favorite home away from home because of their fabulous people!!! My room is always clean with comfy beds and I love the custom shower. Right off 95 it is ideal for Stamford or a stay en route to anothersite. Great resteraunts and mall just cross the street. Concierge staff is always wonderful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

The checkin process was very slow. Front desk clerk asked coworker if she wanted a morning paper and how to connect to the wireless Internet system. The clerk that I went to didn't say anything about how to connect and I had to ask. The room was right next to the elevator and was very noisy. The room was clean but overall I don't think I'd stay here again and I'm a rewards point member. I'm glad I didn't use my points on this room

• Stayed January 2013
Branford CT, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I booked this Hotel using my Marriott points for a last minute getaway. I have stayed before and remember it being a lot nicer. For the first time in any Marriott I have ever stayed, the room was not good. Its been recently remodeled but its already worn. It SMELLED musty, the ceiling tiles in the bathroom were stained, there was an empty vitamin water bottle under the bed. Bathroom floor was a bit dirty, smudge on the window shade that I dont even want to know what that was. I just wasnt happy and would have asked to switch except that it was only one night and I wasnt going to spend much time there. Later, and it could be rumor, I learned that the floor I was on (3rd) was typically given to "guests" of Jerry Springer, which is taped around the corner. I could totatlly see that, although, like I said, this is not confirmed. If youve never seen Jerry Springer, go Youtube it and you can see the caliber of the guests....
There were some things I did like: The bed was comfy, the lobby is pretty, check in staff nice, we loved the Northern Lights Lounge and the awesome bartenders there, they saved the day. But that room just ruined the Stamford Marriott for me. I will not return and would not recommend it.

Room Tip: dont stay on the 3rd floor. Yuk!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
pgriffith, Director of Sales at Marriott Stamford Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us, and your response. The 3rd floor is not set aside for any 'special' guests, whether from the Jerry Springer show or any other. In fact, we only host show management here, not the show contestants.

I am sorry you felt the room smelled musty. If you return again, please let us know as soon as you check-in if something is not perfect, and we will change your room immediately.
Thank you for your kind comments on the staff at the Front Desk and in Northern Lights Lounge--I will make sure they read your review also.

I hope you will give us another chance to make a better impression on your next trip to Stamford.
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Just spent new years eve at this hotel with my family,,dont have anything negative to say...roms were clean, pool was clean..kids had a blast..could hear no one unless I was in the hallway..staff was friendly,great location....room service was pricey..but where is it not..I would stay again..very comfy beds and pillows galore...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Marriott Stamford Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!