Stopped for an overnight with family on the way to a service in upper Manhattan. Great location . I think we got into the city in less than an hour. Room was very clean,king bed was so comfortable....loved it. Good night's sleep. Very interesting restaurant at the hotel....quite extensive Indian menu. Also had traditional American bar fare. Cant remember bartender's name, but he was very friendly and helpful, both with the Indian menu choices and directions to Manhattan. Who knew....an Irish bartender in an Indian restaurant in a hotel in Stamford, who went to Columbia and knew everything about N.Y. Perfect.
Breakfast was great too..not just continental....eggs, sausage, fruit,waffles...everything and in a comfortable setting.
All in all,very nice hotel and a great value close to N.Y.C.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Mill River, located on the waterfront, is a hotel with peerless elegance, modern comforts & exceptional privacy. When the hotel opened in Year 1985 it had no parallel in the city and around. Although the hotel has seen much change, it has retained all of its original charm. For business or pleasure, hotel's spacious guest rooms & suites surrounded with residential ambiance offer an enclave of luxury in convenient downtown Stamford. Located on Mill River Street, easily accessible from I-95, I-287, Route 15, Route 1. Walking distance from downtown Stamford and local corporate offices. Five minutes from Stamford train station offering link to New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Stamford
- Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford Hotel Stamford