“My new favorite hotel for business in Stamford!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
“My new favorite hotel for business in Stamford!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel is clean and the staff are very pleasant. The breakfast was really good with many different choices and they have a larger gym than you usually find in hotels.

They offer valet parking (which is great since it is a hike (through another hotel) to get to the lobby of the Holiday Inn. The only downside is the pay to park since hotels in that area tend to be a bit more expensive. It would be perfect if they offered free parking while you are a guest!

There are a few places to eat within walking distance but if you need to drive it is very convenient to just get your car out of the garage!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are okay , but unless you are on the backside prepare for noise from street below. Front desk does not care and will not answer phone. Long walk from parking for $10 per day or $12 for valet...Go somewhere else...

• Stayed February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stamford, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear iammorgansdad,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the outside noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We frequent this hotel during weekend get-away from kids... charming room, nice, clean and quiet...within the city of Stamford yet not far from home.....the room is complete with toiletries and extra towels, hair dryer, flat screen TV, iron, etc....sometimes we get the room overlooking the street, sometimes its on the other side of the street which I prefer devoid of street movement....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Old Bridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great hotel a liitle to expansive for what you get
The inclusive breakfast was fare not good at all and were no sugar free items available
The rooms are great ,clean but on the fourth floor was very noise motor going on

Room Tip: Dont reserve a lower floor was too noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stamford, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Silvio G,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It is pleasing to know that you found our room accommodations to be convenient for your needs. I am sorry that you found your stay to be less than satisfactory due to the noise levels experienced and breakfast not fully living up to expectations. We take all reviews positive or negative very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I knew I was going to be staying in Stamford so I checked the cost of many of the hotels. Although a little pricey, this HDI was competitive to the other hotel chains. I was impressed upon my checking in that the staff recognized my platinum club status and bumped me to a suite at no charge. The hotel and my room were very clean and laid out well. I was surprised at the $10 per night parking charge which I think should be part of the nightly stay (ridiculous). You don't have a choice to pay that fee as there is no other parking except in their parking garage. The suite had a microwave, sink and refrigerator. The free breakfast is okay. (Hey it's free) If I had to stay in Stamford again, I would definitely stay here again. Unfortunately because of the cost, I will probably work out my route to stay in another city that is not so pricey.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Stamford HI Express and also Stamford in general. The service at the front desk was top notch and like other say, the breakfast is free so it's hard to complain about the quality of it. One thing that I'll never forget about the service was the fitness center. I was in there late and didn't see what time it closed. I was in there until nearly 11:00 and on my way out I asked the cleaning lady what time the fitness center closed and she said that it closed at 10:00 but I wasn't in the way of anything so she didn't say anything to me about being in there. Now that's good service. One con about this place: the bathroom was really small!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
AmitRangi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stamford, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Five_Aces_Tx,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It's truly a big motivation to hear from our guests, how thrilled they were with stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Stamford. We are pleased to see that our staff exceeded your expectations. It would be our pleasure to have you back.

Best Regards,

Amit Rangi
Tel: (203) 978-5600
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This place was pretty good considering the price. We had a suite with a separate sleeping room with two doubles. That buffered us from the loud slamming doors and the INCREDIBLE amount of noise that travels through the doors that adjoin rooms. The free breakfast was pretty well stocked and looked after. The food was pretty crappy, but again, it's free. That said, it was one of the best free breakfasts I've seen in some time. The front desk folks were helpful and nice.

Room Tip: The suites are a nice option. Get great bagels from Sue Liz bagels not too far away. Enterprise re...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stamford? Share your experiences!