“Service slipping” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Inspired by the beach culture of coastal California, Mexico, Uruguay and Brazil, bartaco combines healthy, upscale street food with a coastal vibe in a relaxed environment. The minimalistic decor is light and breezy, with the air of a rustic beach resort. The cuisine is rooted in Mexican tradition but pulls from a broad palate of bold, spicy flavors from the Mediterranean, Asia and beyond. The tacos are healthier versions of old-country favorites, filled with fish, fresh vegetables, spit-roasted chicken, and slow-cooked pork to name a few. There are Asian-influenced salads, grilled corn, signature fusion rice bowls, and seasonal market specials on the creative menu. The bartaco beverage menu is just as carefully crafted, and includes bottled Mexican Coca-Cola and hand-pressed fruit sodas. Over 40 tequilas - all 100% agave - have been hand-picked. Our award-winning inspired and refreshing cocktail selections are made with only artisanal spirits and freshly-squeezed juices and are featured along with traditional margaritas, mojitos and caipirinhas. Whether dining with family or enjoying a night out with friends, all will savor the undeniable energy that is the bartaco experience.
Wilmette, Illinois
“Service slipping”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We ordered drinks and food. Food came out instantly. We had to ask for drinks two times. They brought out canned ice tea for my wife. She didnot want it and asked for a soda. The waiter wuth dark hair working on 10/28/12 at 2 pm named Nicole rolled her eyes at us. They also brought out the wrong tacos. We ordered more food and it took 20 minutes to get it. Great food but the service keeps getting worse every time we come here. Very sad such great food.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

East Hampton, Connecticut
“A Unique Eatery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I absolutely, positively LOVE this place. It has a great vibe, great service (from good-looking servers no less), and great food! It is kind of Tapas style so the portions are not big, but that gives you the opportunity to try a lot of different things. My friend and I split fish tacos (very fresh tasting!), rice and beans, and fried plantains (AMAZING!). I also had a mint mojito, which was perfect. My friend and I were catching up so we stayed long past dinner and at no point did anyone try to rush us out or give us an evil eye. The food wasn't heavy or too cheesy so at the end of the night I didn't feel like crap. Everything was simple and fresh. I enjoyed my experience so much that next time I am Stamford I will go back for sure!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stamford, Connecticut
“Good -- But I prefer the Port Chester Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is a Mexican tapas place. You can order small tacos in a wide variety of flavors. It's lots of fun and an lively place.

Visited August 2012
Stamford, Connecticut
“Great tacos, and trendy CA casual atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Pretty casual place, California beach style decor, and all the staff dressed in cool CA clothes... Tacos are amazing. The hot sauces are some of the spiciest I have ever had. Go with the fish Acosta. You will not regret. It gets very busy, and always a wait outside, especially after 7. Standing room only inside. If you go early, like 6, you should be able to sit and eat quickly if you want to go to a movie next door. Waitstaff were very friendly, and fast. Prices very reasonable.

stamford, ct
“Very hip, fun and yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very cute place in downtown Stamford serving Mexican style food. Small plate services, but yummy dishes. We tried the corn, rice with duck, chopped salad and a couple of tacos. Everything was good. Excellent value and a fun time had by all.

• Visited September 2012