“Excellent Morrocan Food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 403 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Moroccan
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: A little bit of soho in Stamford, Connecticut! Eat, Drink and Relax with live music and belly dancers every Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Twilight Jazz night every Sunday.
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Excellent Morrocan Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

We love this restuarant. The menu has recently been updated with more choices, specials and many more wines to choose from. We love the Morrocan Chicken, Lamb Shank, Strip Steak and Swordfish. The small plates and appetizers are great. Love the steak and beet salad as well. Great bands on weekends. Very friendly staff and bartender. Must make reservations on weekend or you won't get in. Can't wait to return.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago
“Great lamb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

This restaurant is on a street with the Courtyard by Marriott where we were staying, so we decided to try it. It was really great. My husband had the lamb shank, and I had the lamb chops. Both were really good. The wine list was reasonably priced, too. Great service. I totally recommend this place.

• Visited September 2011
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Great Little Restaurant Offering Something Different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

I dined here with a friend and at just past 7pm it was already busy. A nice selection of cocktails and a simple menu to choose from - appetizers, small plates, large plates and desserts. I had the hummus from the appetizers which was great and zatar chicken - I expected a grilled version with zatar as the rub, this came in a sauce but still tasted great. My friend and I shared britwas (similar to baklava) and they were delicious :)

Service was attentive and friendly, my glass of water was always topped up and we had a good wine recommendation.

The atmosphere was enhanced by a live blues band.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good food, service rude.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

We ordered roasted cauliflower, butternut squash, chicken "lolipops", and lamb chops. The food was delicious. When our dessert came, the "briwats", my friend and I each took a bite and didn't like it at all. When I asked the waiter (who I believe was the owner) if we could get something else instead, he was SO rude. He gave us a very mean and annoyed look and said "what's wrong with it?" We replied that we just didn't like it. He reluctantly brought us the rice pudding, which we also didn't like, but at that point we didn't say a word. Unfortunately, I left with a very bad taste in my mouth.

Visited January 2011
White Plains, New York
“Very Unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

Excellent and imaginitive food. Great wines from a variety of countries. Chicken lolipops and lamb pita to die for. Different specials everyday. Steak and Lamb shank very well done. Entertainment daily. Well worth the trip.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere