“Nice little restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 402 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Description: INTIMATE, FAMILY OWNED ITALIAN HIDEAWAY KNOWN FOR ITS REASONABLY PRICED ITALIAN AMERICAN CUISINE FAVORITES. LOCATED IN A SMALL SHOPPING CENTER VILLA ITALIA'S DINNING ATMOSPHERIC EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE AND RELAXED. THE STAFF IS FRIENDLY AND ATTENTIVE. THE SEAFOOD IS FLAVORFUL AND FRESH. THE WINE SELECTION IS AMPLE AND A BAR ALSO OFFERS BEER AND SPIRITS. DESSERT RECOMMENDATIONS WOULD HAVE TO BE THE HOME MADE TIRAMISU. THE RESTAURANT OFFERS A SMALL OUTDOOR SEATING AREA EQUIPPED WITH A HEATING LAMP TO INSURE A COMFORTABLE TEMPERATURE ON CHILLY DAYS. WEDNESDAY THERE IS SOULFUL LIVE MUSIC TO HELP YOU GET ON WITH THE REST OF THE WEEK.CONVENIENTLY VILLA ITALIA OFFERS ONLINE ORDERING, FAX, TAKE OUT AND DELIVERY. THE ESTABLISHMENT ALSO OFFERS GENEROUS PARKING, WIFI AND CATERING SERVICES.COME AND VISIT US AND TELL EVERYONE WHAT YOU THINK, WE SURE YOU WILL ENJOY IT. BUON APPETITO!
Brooklyn, New York
“Nice little restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Being a Brooklyn boy, well I can claim to be a snob when it comes to Italian cuisine since there are many fine eateries; as well as Italian neighbors who cook up a storm. But Villa Italia is a pleasant surprise when I visit my friend in Stamford, CT. Hidden away in the back of a shopping "strip" mall, you would past right by without given the establishment a second look.
Once inside however, it is a pleasant simple decor and the staff is helpful and friendly.
The food selection is great, with multiple daily specials. Love the Caesars salad and calamari to start. Any dish I have tired has been well prepared and tasty.
So when in Stamford, CT, I highly recommend Villa Italia.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fairfield County, Connecticut
“A nice little place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I went here for the first time the other night with my husband and another couple. From the outside, you would not think it would be as nice on the inside. The decor is pretty. It was a bit noisy however, and it was hard for us to hear each other. The service was great. The owner was present and greeted everyone with a warm welcome.
The food was good. The meatball sliders were delicious, that was a special item that night. The calamari was good as well. My dinner was also good, beef ribs, another special item.
So while the food was good, it wasn't the best I have had. I will go back again to give it another try.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
“My favorite Italian restaurant in Stamford!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I have been dining here for at least 4 years and the food and menu choices just get better each year! There are at least 5 different daily specials in addition to the wonderful regular menu. Their bread is made from their pizza dough.............YUM! The service is warm and attentive and the ambiance is very nice. Do not be fooled by its location in town, it is worth the visit if you have not tried it. FYI - they always have a generous coupon in the local Clipper Magazine.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“Family Italian Restaurant, Great Food, Good Value, Surprising Decor!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

My wife and I and four friends just had a lovely meal here. The food is really extremely good, fresh ingredients, well-prepared and well presented. It was as good as most food I have had at Italian restaurants but there have been a few establishments where thd food was superior (e.g. Patsy's in New York City) but I hasten to add that they were also markedly more expensive; I also add that this is why I have given a four-star rating and not a five. The bread selection is fresh and served warm. I had the Caesar salad with grilled shrimp, the shrimp were fresh, charcoal grilled just right and truly delicious. The sole was fresh and flaky in a light cream sauce. Others in my party had the Lasagna and the specials for the night and everyone was very pleased with their food. One of the specials was Pappardelle with shrimp and Brie which my wife had and pronounced 'excellent'. I had the creme brulee for dessert and it was a generous portion and quite good, among the best I have had.

This is a small resaurant in a mini-shopping mall in Stamford. Do not let the location give you pause. When you get inside it is warm and inviting, well-decorated and a classic family-oriented, cheerful, white-tablecloth family Italian restaurant. The wait staff were excellent. The noise level is fairly low. The other guests were couples, families, groups of friends and all were clearly enjoying themselves. It was about 300 for six people including cocktails and wine but I assure you it was worth it and this is in line with prices at comparable restaurants in the environs. This is one of those neighborhood gems that the 'locals' know about and routinely go to.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Little known Italian gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I got the special, it was tortellini (cheese I believe) in a bolognese sauce. There was a little cream in the sauce and it definitely wasn't great for my waistline, but it was delicious! Portion was large without being out of control. My boyfriend got the penne with broccoli rabe and sausage and it was simple but great, just what you would want from the dish. As an appetizer we shared the stuffed clams. They may be the best stuffed clams I have ever had - full of flavor, lots of clam meat and a great sauce. My boyfriend also got a small gorganzola salad to start and it was great, but their dressing wasn't so good - too much like typical italian dressing. Perhaps we should have ordered balsamic vinaigrette instead of the house. Overall, great place and reasonable for the quality.

• Visited February 2012