“Convenient and the breakfast is good!” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   909 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
CT
“Convenient and the breakfast is good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The rooms are spacious, nicely decorated and clean. The lobby is welcoming - especially in the winter with its nice fireplace. The location is very convenient. Top that all off with a decent breakfast and you've got a good option!

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I was in town for a girls weekend away from the kids and husbands. We had a great time in the area. We enjoyed the fact that there was local restaurants nearby and good food. We were able to take the hotel shuttle everywhere and that help cut down on all our expenses. With all the local places around we never even had to leave the downtown area. Overall a great weekend for the girls!!!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Jordan S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Nicole J,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback on your recent visit to Hotel Zero Degrees Stamford. Our hotel is in the heart of downtown Stamford with plenty of entertainment and dinning options. It sounds like your weekend with your friends was a great time, I am happy our hotel was your home away from home for it! We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Safe travels.

Warmly,
Lincoln, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed at this hotel when we were in town for my neice's wedding. The reception was just down the street at Bank Street Events and was a short walk away from the hotel. When we arrived it was a very busy Friday night and the front desk was packed with guests trying to check in. The front desk worked relatively quickly at getting the guests checked in quickly and about 20 minutes later we made it to the room. Our first impressions of the room were pleasant. I enjoyed the modern look and the room was very clean. The only thing we had to request was a couple extra towels for the bathroom. At night the hotel did get a bit noisy but most of that was due to our own wedding group. Thankfully I knew who the ladies were that were loud and asked them to quiet it down. The bed was standard but didn't cause any pain from sleeping on it. Overall a pleasant stay for the event.

Room Tip: the breakfast area can get very busy on the weekends. consider grabbing food and eating upstairs in...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Bethel, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Recent stay worked out good for my needs. The hotel has a good location and is nearby to my office. Took the shuttle back and forth daily and appreciated the complimentary parking. I was even able to have a small meeting in the lobby since it was so quiet during the day.

Room Tip: leave your car parked and take advantage of the shuttle!!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Madeline K,

Thank you for taking the time to post this five star review on Hotel Zero Degrees Stamford. I am glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service each day from 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM. Should you be back in the area please do not hesitate to reach out to us for accommodations.

CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This was a gift to me and I really hoped that My stay was a gift and I really wanted to like it. I can say that the breakfast was great, the staff was great, and the place looks really nice. That being said, as with other reviews, there are issues with parking and noise that I think the management could easily address with better signage and weatherstripping.

In terms of parking, the last thing anyone wants to deal with when they arrive at a hotel in the middle of the night is to drive around trying to figure out where to park. People are so relieved by the time they finally get to a hotel that just want to get to bed. In response to the reviews, management has said that people could call and find out how to park. That shouldn't be necessary. Having a large, clear sign that simply said something like, "If you cannot find a normal spot, please park in the YMCA spots. If you cannot find a spot in the garage, please park directly behind the hotel." Further, the lot behind the hotel should have a clear, large sign visible from the side street that specifically says, "Parking for Hotel Zero here - monitored by CCTV". To be honest, Hotel Zero is in a city and has a weird parking arrangement – that's fine - as long as it's clearly communicating with large signage without people having to call. Otherwise it just becomes a frustration.

In terms of noise, to be honest, I could clearly hear a couple in another room making love (not to noisily) and playing music to try to cover it up (again, not to noisily). Unfortunately it did keep me up longer than I'd hoped. The thing is - what they were doing was not excessively loud; it was simply that it felt as if they were in the same room with me because it was so easy to hear them. I would agree with management and say I don't think the issue is then walls – I think it is the fact that there's a gap around the doors and so it. If they added some weatherstripping to close the gap, I think that the she would largely be addressed.

Again, I had no issues with staff, the facility, or breakfast, but annoyances like parking and especially noise can really hurt an experience. Fortunately, as I said, these things can be addressed and I hope management will consider this.

Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Northampton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I felt fortunate to have stayed in this beautiful hotel. There were a few glitches (tv screen had a lot of black "snow") and not quite enough instruction on using the elevator, but that didn't really matter. The room and public spaces were very attractive, the food was good, the service excellent, a great location, and free parking underground. I will certainly return.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Jordan S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Nancy M,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts on Hotel Zero Degrees Stamford, it is wonderful to know you feel fortunate to have stayed with us. I am glad to hear the service was up to your standards, I will be sure to pass this feedback along to the staff. We look forward to your next visit, safe travels.

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel worked out well for the price. In town for a quick business meeting and needed a place that was in the downtown area and was a good value. Never heard of this hotel but chose to try it out. The room was decent and quiet and worked out for the brief stay I had here.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Elise C,

Thank you choosing Hotel Zero Degrees during your recent visit to Stamford and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I am happy to know you found a price that fit you budget for your business meeting. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees? Share your experiences!