“Great Place and an amazing rate” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Zero Degrees
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   909 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901   |
Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Stamford
philadelphia
“Great Place and an amazing rate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I didn't especially like the lobby look and the stairs but the room was fantastic, even though I had a bargain rate they upgraded me. Every staff person I dealt with was super. The room was perfect, mattress was heavenly to sleep on, bathroom was very large and well-lit. Location was great, lots of restaurants around the corner.

Parking is iffy, tight spaces and not enough spaces. Only downside, the coffee in the morning, which was Starbucks, had to be watered down it was so weak. The GM needs to get on the breakfast manager about this. If I had to stay in Stamford again I'd definitely go for Zero Below.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear mimberani,

Thank you for posting this wonderful review. It is great to hear that every staff member you encountered was super. I am also glad you enjoyed the upgrade and received some good rest while with us. Our guest always have great things to say about our mattresses. I apologize about the parking and if you felt the Starbucks coffee was weak. Perhaps an issue with the coffee machine itself is to blame. I will definitely look into this issue, and thank you for your constructive feedback. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I am a member of a loyalty program with another hotel brand, but I chose to stay at this hotel during my recent trip to Stamford because of its location. It was directly across the street from my training for work, and it was within walking distance of the train station and a number of great restaurants. I'm glad I made the choice I did! Jose greeted me when I checked in, and was polite and professional. I was upgraded to a king room, which was very, very comfortable. The noise level was reasonable, and I slept soundly. The bathroom was gorgeous- it didn't look like a hotel bathroom. It looked like a bathroom in someone's house. The breakfast was fantastic, too. If work ever brings me back to Stamford, I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear LibbyO,

Thank you for taking a moment to post this detailed review. We do indeed have a fantastic location when it comes to restaurants and transportation accessibility. I am glad you enjoyed the upgrade to our Superior-King room, and found the bathroom to be gorgeous. Our housekeeping staff does their very best to keep them as pristine as possible. I will be sure to share this review with Jose and commend him on a job well done. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next business trip to Stamford.

Montville, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Staying here tomorrow with their New York deal. It's our last trip before our first baby arrives :-)

Hubby and I cannot wait! I used to live in Greenwich and used to take the train to Manhattan every weekend. I've missed this since we moved upstate. Stamford is just right next door, so it will be a weekend of reminiscing and fun!

Spoke to Nicole of Front Desk the night before to inquire about the hotel and amenities and she was very nice. I was calling around and she was actually one of two that were very accommodating over the phone. That helped in my decision making for this booking.

Just curious about how small our queen room would be, according to previous reviews. Will update this post when we return home from our short getaway. :-)

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Aissanne,

Congratulations and thank you for choosing us for your last trip before becoming parents. Nicole has only been a part of the Hotel Zero Degrees team a few weeks, so it is great to hear how accommodating she was over the phone. I will be sure to pass your kinds words along to her. Although some rooms are smaller than others, we will always try to upgrade our guests should a more comfortable room be available. We wish the best during this exciting time, and hope you make Hotel Zero Degrees your first trip as a new family.

Valley Stream, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Hubby and I wanted a quick get away from NY for one night. We choose Hotel Zero degrees because of its close proximity to good dining. Our stay was wonderful. The Superior King room had a comfy, soft bed, and the decor was on point. Everything was clean and pristine. The service was impeccable, and when we were ready to have dinner, we got the hotel shuttle to take us to the Hudson Grille (where you can get 10% off your meal by showing your hotel room card).

The parking lot is a tiny little basement garage, but it served it's purpose. I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MMRamsay,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and for choosing Hotel Zero Degrees for your one night get away. I hope the clean comfortable room and impeccable service is just what you and your husband were seeking. Our shuttle service is indeed a great complimentary amenity, especially when heading out for a night on the town. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the shuttle , as well as the discount our guest receive at Hudson Grille. I hope you get chance to return soon and try another one of the great area restaurants we are partnered with.

Easton, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We recommended the Hotel Zero Degrees for our out-of-town wedding guests and heard nothing but rave reviews from all those who stayed there for the weekend of festivities. Kudos to the entire staff, and especially Amelia Nichol, sales manager, who graciously and efficiently took care of the arrangements. The hotel has a great wedding package, which includes a free suite for the bride and groom each night more than 10 rooms are booked.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Judy S,

Congratulations from the entire Hotel Zero Degrees team! We are happy to hear your out of town guests enjoyed the hotel. Amelia and entire staff are always willing to go the extra mile to ensure all wedding arrangements go smoothly. I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary suite, and we were able to share this special weekend with you, your family and friends. Best of luck to you.

New Haven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel is excellent and very modern. The ONLY complaint I had...there is no conditioner available in the bathroom. Seems odd and normally not worth mentioning but coming back from a business trip when you can't pack more than 3 oz to begin with in your carry on bag...I would have liked to have conditioner. LOL The rest is top notch.

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade on your room. If it's mid-week the chance are good they will do so free...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear sunnydays007,

Thank you for taking the time to post this excellent review. I apologize if your room was without conditioner, as we do stock shampoo, conditioner, lotion and body wash in each room. The conditioner is labeled hair rinse, which may have caused some confusion as well.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be clean, quiet and comfortable. We look forward to your next visit, and the opportunity to welcome you back.

Flushing, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel with my partner at least a dozen times but my last stay was so disappointing.

The bad: parking here is a nightmare - the space is tight and the lot is difficult to manuver, if you are not careful you can easily run into another car. We never had a problem before - we usually park and leave the car in the garage until we leave. This time we were out late and the woman at the front desk upon check in DID NOT TELL US THAT WE COULD PARK IN THE LOT NEXT DOOR!!! We were driving around in circles looking for a spot on the street for 40 minutes and couldn't find one. We were so frustrated we went into the hotel and complained to the gentleman at the front desk. He gave us a note to put in our windsheild and told us to park in the garage next door. It only cost 3 dollars for the night and it was well worth it - had we known about it, we would have parked there instead of the Hotel Zero lot on our previous stays.
So once we park the car and get back to our room - there is music blaring from the restaurant / club next door which kept us up till about 2AM that morning. Other things that were annoying is that we only had 1 bath towel and the free movie channel wasn't working in our room.
The good is that the room is reasonable and the hotel is in a great location - the restaurants are within walking distance. There is free breakfast but I'm not a big fan of buffets - a guest put his hand in the cereal and that was it for me.
My partner and I travel to Stamford at least once to twice a month, so going forward we'll be looking at other options.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Maddict,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for your recent disappointing experience with us. I am disappointed as well, to hear we have influenced a frequent and loyal guest to seek another option during their next visit to the area. Our goal is always to meet all guest expectations and provide the hospitality and service they have grown accustomed to.
I apologize for the lack of service you received from our front desk agent, regarding our parking. I have since spoken to each front desk agent to ensure they are all well informed of alternative parking options for similar scenarios.
Although our location is great for local restaurants and bars, music in the area can sometimes be heard from the hotel on Fridays and Saturdays. We are always happy to move a guest to room on the opposite side of the hotel if the noise in the area is an issue.
If you would like to discuss your stay, please feel free to reach out to me directly. We would love the opportunity to win back your loyalty welcome you again during your next visit to Stamford.

(203)-363-7900

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees? Share your experiences!