“An amazing one-night stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Zero Degrees
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   909 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901   |
Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Stamford
Valley Stream, New York
“An amazing one-night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Hubby and I wanted a quick get away from NY for one night. We choose Hotel Zero degrees because of its close proximity to good dining. Our stay was wonderful. The Superior King room had a comfy, soft bed, and the decor was on point. Everything was clean and pristine. The service was impeccable, and when we were ready to have dinner, we got the hotel shuttle to take us to the Hudson Grille (where you can get 10% off your meal by showing your hotel room card).

The parking lot is a tiny little basement garage, but it served it's purpose. I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear MMRamsay,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and for choosing Hotel Zero Degrees for your one night get away. I hope the clean comfortable room and impeccable service is just what you and your husband were seeking. Our shuttle service is indeed a great complimentary amenity, especially when heading out for a night on the town. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the shuttle , as well as the discount our guest receive at Hudson Grille. I hope you get chance to return soon and try another one of the great area restaurants we are partnered with.

369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Easton, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We recommended the Hotel Zero Degrees for our out-of-town wedding guests and heard nothing but rave reviews from all those who stayed there for the weekend of festivities. Kudos to the entire staff, and especially Amelia Nichol, sales manager, who graciously and efficiently took care of the arrangements. The hotel has a great wedding package, which includes a free suite for the bride and groom each night more than 10 rooms are booked.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Judy S,

Congratulations from the entire Hotel Zero Degrees team! We are happy to hear your out of town guests enjoyed the hotel. Amelia and entire staff are always willing to go the extra mile to ensure all wedding arrangements go smoothly. I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary suite, and we were able to share this special weekend with you, your family and friends. Best of luck to you.

New Haven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel is excellent and very modern. The ONLY complaint I had...there is no conditioner available in the bathroom. Seems odd and normally not worth mentioning but coming back from a business trip when you can't pack more than 3 oz to begin with in your carry on bag...I would have liked to have conditioner. LOL The rest is top notch.

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade on your room. If it's mid-week the chance are good they will do so free...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear sunnydays007,

Thank you for taking the time to post this excellent review. I apologize if your room was without conditioner, as we do stock shampoo, conditioner, lotion and body wash in each room. The conditioner is labeled hair rinse, which may have caused some confusion as well.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be clean, quiet and comfortable. We look forward to your next visit, and the opportunity to welcome you back.

Flushing, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel with my partner at least a dozen times but my last stay was so disappointing.

The bad: parking here is a nightmare - the space is tight and the lot is difficult to manuver, if you are not careful you can easily run into another car. We never had a problem before - we usually park and leave the car in the garage until we leave. This time we were out late and the woman at the front desk upon check in DID NOT TELL US THAT WE COULD PARK IN THE LOT NEXT DOOR!!! We were driving around in circles looking for a spot on the street for 40 minutes and couldn't find one. We were so frustrated we went into the hotel and complained to the gentleman at the front desk. He gave us a note to put in our windsheild and told us to park in the garage next door. It only cost 3 dollars for the night and it was well worth it - had we known about it, we would have parked there instead of the Hotel Zero lot on our previous stays.
So once we park the car and get back to our room - there is music blaring from the restaurant / club next door which kept us up till about 2AM that morning. Other things that were annoying is that we only had 1 bath towel and the free movie channel wasn't working in our room.
The good is that the room is reasonable and the hotel is in a great location - the restaurants are within walking distance. There is free breakfast but I'm not a big fan of buffets - a guest put his hand in the cereal and that was it for me.
My partner and I travel to Stamford at least once to twice a month, so going forward we'll be looking at other options.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Maddict,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for your recent disappointing experience with us. I am disappointed as well, to hear we have influenced a frequent and loyal guest to seek another option during their next visit to the area. Our goal is always to meet all guest expectations and provide the hospitality and service they have grown accustomed to.
I apologize for the lack of service you received from our front desk agent, regarding our parking. I have since spoken to each front desk agent to ensure they are all well informed of alternative parking options for similar scenarios.
Although our location is great for local restaurants and bars, music in the area can sometimes be heard from the hotel on Fridays and Saturdays. We are always happy to move a guest to room on the opposite side of the hotel if the noise in the area is an issue.
If you would like to discuss your stay, please feel free to reach out to me directly. We would love the opportunity to win back your loyalty welcome you again during your next visit to Stamford.

(203)-363-7900
Maine/New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel is centrally located and surrounded by plenty of restaurants. There is a free breakfast with eggs, bacon, bagels, toast, yogurt, fruit, and a hot dish or two. The room was clean, but the Classic Queen room which we got was very small. I would pay extra for a larger room. The room was modern, but it was not as clean as I would like. It wasn't dirty, but the bathroom could have used another wipe or two. The hotel room key gets you a 10% discount at some local restaurants, which is a plus. On a weekday night, the rates are much cheaper than the Marriott Courtyard.

Room Tip: Pay for a larger room as the Classic Queen is very small.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear CanCookTonight,

Thank you for the great review. We do our best to introduce new items to our breakfast and provide our guest with as many options as possible. We are affiliated with some great local restaurants, so I am glad you were able to take advantage of the 10% discount they offer our guests. I apologize for the condition of your room, as this is in no way acceptable by our standards. Each room is thoroughly cleaned and inspected before any guest is checked in, so a room in need of additional service, should have received it . I meet with our housekeeping team weekly, and will be sure to bring this to their attention. We hope you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.

West Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I expected a great hotel after all the wonderful reviews and we got one. We had a horrible experience at hertz prior to arriving and then the weekend got much better. The staff during the weekend were excellent. Although our requested crib was not in the room when we went up, a quick call and the crib arrived quickly.
The room is spacious and the king was very nice. The bathroom is very nice as well. We have traveled a lot and wish more hotels could be like the hotel zero degrees.
The breakfast in the weekends was wonderful - much more than continental. Everything was fresh and very good. A lot of options.
Overall I would say this place is wonderful. I would stay at it for more money and was pleased at the price. I wish there were more than just in two cities!

Room Tip: The king room is worth the little extra expense.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear jy3,

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review. I will be sure to commend our staff for a job well done, and look forward to passing this review along to our breakfast attendant. It is great to hear we were able to deliver the service and experience our past reviews brought you to expect. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Stamford or Norwalk.

Staten Island, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

What a beautiful and clean hotel, staff was on the money and very helpful. The area had great bars and restaurants, wife and I had a great time the room was really cozy. We are coming back soon, highly recommend if you are staying in this area.

Stayed September 2013
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Robertbattaglia,

Thank you for the review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and all the area has to offer. Our downtown location does allow guests easy access to a number of bars, restaurants and nightlife, which make for a fun weekend getaway. It is great to hear the rooms were clean, cozy, and the staff was on the money. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kevin Gross

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees? Share your experiences!