“Great location, great staff, clean, quiet and comfortable.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Zero Degrees
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   909 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
New Haven
“Great location, great staff, clean, quiet and comfortable.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel is excellent and very modern. The ONLY complaint I had...there is no conditioner available in the bathroom. Seems odd and normally not worth mentioning but coming back from a business trip when you can't pack more than 3 oz to begin with in your carry on bag...I would have liked to have conditioner. LOL The rest is top notch.

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade on your room. If it's mid-week the chance are good they will do so free...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear sunnydays007,

Thank you for taking the time to post this excellent review. I apologize if your room was without conditioner, as we do stock shampoo, conditioner, lotion and body wash in each room. The conditioner is labeled hair rinse, which may have caused some confusion as well.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be clean, quiet and comfortable. We look forward to your next visit, and the opportunity to welcome you back.

Kevin Gross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Flushing, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel with my partner at least a dozen times but my last stay was so disappointing.

The bad: parking here is a nightmare - the space is tight and the lot is difficult to manuver, if you are not careful you can easily run into another car. We never had a problem before - we usually park and leave the car in the garage until we leave. This time we were out late and the woman at the front desk upon check in DID NOT TELL US THAT WE COULD PARK IN THE LOT NEXT DOOR!!! We were driving around in circles looking for a spot on the street for 40 minutes and couldn't find one. We were so frustrated we went into the hotel and complained to the gentleman at the front desk. He gave us a note to put in our windsheild and told us to park in the garage next door. It only cost 3 dollars for the night and it was well worth it - had we known about it, we would have parked there instead of the Hotel Zero lot on our previous stays.
So once we park the car and get back to our room - there is music blaring from the restaurant / club next door which kept us up till about 2AM that morning. Other things that were annoying is that we only had 1 bath towel and the free movie channel wasn't working in our room.
The good is that the room is reasonable and the hotel is in a great location - the restaurants are within walking distance. There is free breakfast but I'm not a big fan of buffets - a guest put his hand in the cereal and that was it for me.
My partner and I travel to Stamford at least once to twice a month, so going forward we'll be looking at other options.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Maddict,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for your recent disappointing experience with us. I am disappointed as well, to hear we have influenced a frequent and loyal guest to seek another option during their next visit to the area. Our goal is always to meet all guest expectations and provide the hospitality and service they have grown accustomed to.
I apologize for the lack of service you received from our front desk agent, regarding our parking. I have since spoken to each front desk agent to ensure they are all well informed of alternative parking options for similar scenarios.
Although our location is great for local restaurants and bars, music in the area can sometimes be heard from the hotel on Fridays and Saturdays. We are always happy to move a guest to room on the opposite side of the hotel if the noise in the area is an issue.
If you would like to discuss your stay, please feel free to reach out to me directly. We would love the opportunity to win back your loyalty welcome you again during your next visit to Stamford.

(203)-363-7900
Maine/New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel is centrally located and surrounded by plenty of restaurants. There is a free breakfast with eggs, bacon, bagels, toast, yogurt, fruit, and a hot dish or two. The room was clean, but the Classic Queen room which we got was very small. I would pay extra for a larger room. The room was modern, but it was not as clean as I would like. It wasn't dirty, but the bathroom could have used another wipe or two. The hotel room key gets you a 10% discount at some local restaurants, which is a plus. On a weekday night, the rates are much cheaper than the Marriott Courtyard.

Room Tip: Pay for a larger room as the Classic Queen is very small.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear CanCookTonight,

Thank you for the great review. We do our best to introduce new items to our breakfast and provide our guest with as many options as possible. We are affiliated with some great local restaurants, so I am glad you were able to take advantage of the 10% discount they offer our guests. I apologize for the condition of your room, as this is in no way acceptable by our standards. Each room is thoroughly cleaned and inspected before any guest is checked in, so a room in need of additional service, should have received it . I meet with our housekeeping team weekly, and will be sure to bring this to their attention. We hope you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.

West Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I expected a great hotel after all the wonderful reviews and we got one. We had a horrible experience at hertz prior to arriving and then the weekend got much better. The staff during the weekend were excellent. Although our requested crib was not in the room when we went up, a quick call and the crib arrived quickly.
The room is spacious and the king was very nice. The bathroom is very nice as well. We have traveled a lot and wish more hotels could be like the hotel zero degrees.
The breakfast in the weekends was wonderful - much more than continental. Everything was fresh and very good. A lot of options.
Overall I would say this place is wonderful. I would stay at it for more money and was pleased at the price. I wish there were more than just in two cities!

Room Tip: The king room is worth the little extra expense.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear jy3,

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review. I will be sure to commend our staff for a job well done, and look forward to passing this review along to our breakfast attendant. It is great to hear we were able to deliver the service and experience our past reviews brought you to expect. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Stamford or Norwalk.

Staten Island, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

What a beautiful and clean hotel, staff was on the money and very helpful. The area had great bars and restaurants, wife and I had a great time the room was really cozy. We are coming back soon, highly recommend if you are staying in this area.

Stayed September 2013
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Robertbattaglia,

Thank you for the review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and all the area has to offer. Our downtown location does allow guests easy access to a number of bars, restaurants and nightlife, which make for a fun weekend getaway. It is great to hear the rooms were clean, cozy, and the staff was on the money. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I took a weekend getaway to the downtown area of Stamford, Connecticut. It was a short ride from our home in New York. However, once you turn on to Washington Blvd, it is quite easy to miss the hotel as it is snuggled in the block and does not have an extensive entrance. The hotel lobby welcomes you to an escape from the outside world. The check-in process was quick and the staff were all wonderful. The room was small yet it had everything we needed. It was clean and perfect for us. Although the downtown area was almost like a ghost town, there are a variety of restaurants within walking distance from the hotel - literally around the corner. The hotel is also close to the New Haven Metro North Line. With all this said, the hotel is a hop, skip and a jump away from the train, the restaurants and even the mall.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear dbka,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay. Our location does make everything feel like it is a hop, skip and a jump away. It is great to hear you were able to enjoy a weekend getaway with us. It is also refreshing to hear our staff was wonderful, and the check in process went smoothly. I am sorry you had some trouble finding our entrance on Washington Blvd. At night our bright lights help us to stand out, but during the day I can understand how someone could pass right by. Hopefully you will find us with no problem during your next weekend getaway to Stamford.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have stayed at Hotel Zero twice now and both times, the rooms were clean and beautiful, the hot buffet breakfast yummy, and the location really convenient to all.

The second time we stayed though, something happened that made us realize why their service is just number one! On the morning that we were leaving, my husband realized that one side of our car was scratched in multiple spots, so we immediately went to speak to the receptionist to ask if they could review the video footage from their hotel's parking lot to see which guest was responsible for damaging our car. Since it was a Sunday, the manager wasn't in, so we had to settle for emailing the hotel with photos of our parking spot and the damage to our car. In less than two days, the manager, Kevin Gross, found the responsible party and arranged for that person to give us a call. At first, the party said they would compensate us, but then for some reason or other, they didn't give us their insurance information for almost a week, so we emailed Kevin about taking an alternative measure. Kevin then spoke to that party again for us and we got the insurance information one day later!

Thank you so much to Kevin Gross and Hotel Zero for helping us out when we needed it and even after we had left the hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Diana M,

I would like to personally thank you for writing this review, and for your patience during this unfortunate situation. It is always exciting when your name is mentioned in a great review. I apologize if your stay was at all clouded by the issue with your vehicle. I am glad I was able to be of assistance in resolving this matter. Our entire staff prides ourselves taking care of our guests, from start to finish, so It is great to see you felt that was the level of service you received. We hope that level of service is what brings you back to Hotel Zero Degrees again and again. Thank you!

Kevin Gross

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees? Share your experiences!