“Nice hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Stamford
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed 1 night in this hotel, and liked it very much. I didn't give it 5 stars because the common areas of the hotel could have been a little cleaner.The rooms however were very nice, and quite comfortable. There is free wi-fi and a great complimentary breakfast. Also, free parking - what more can you ask for?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dearkathy3332,

Thank you for posting this review. I am thrilled to know you enjoyed our hotel especially our complimentary warm buffet breakfast. My apologies if the common areas needed more detailing I have already reviewed with the housekeeping team to ensure they consistently do a thorough job. I do hope to see you and your husband with us again.

406 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Chevy Chase, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

all of the Staff were professional and polite. They went out of their way to make my stay comfortable and efficient. The hotel is walking distance from AMTRAK. I will be sure and stay at the hotel on my next trip to Stamford.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear LarryBell,

I appreciate you taking the time to post this review. I am glad our staff went above and beyond to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We are centrally located in Downtown Stamford just steps away from the train station and many dining options for any pallet. We certainly look forward to your next stay with us.

Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We used the lobby lounge area yesterday evening for a small company meeting. It has a wonderful ambiance, and the staff in the reception area couldn't have been more helpful and obliging in moving some of the seating, and making sure that we had all we needed. A colleague visiting from out of town stayed at the hotel and found it to be a fantastic base from which to work.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear JW,

Thank you for this review. Good to know our versatile Fahrenheit Lounge is conducive for both relaxing as well as a casual business meeting. Our staff members are always happy to go above and beyond to ensure a pleasant stay for our guests. We hope to see you for your next business meeting or to host another one of your colleagues. May you have continued success in all your endeavors.

Providence, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I didn't really know what to expect, I was always staying at the Sheraton and wanted to try something different. This was a clean, nicely decorated hotel, right in the center of everything. We were going to a show in NYC and wanted a nice short commute with great restaurant options nearby. The hotel had free parking and wifi and a really good hot free breakfast. Rooms were nice with a seamless showerglass shower. Staff was very nice and quickly got things done if requests were made. There were some good nightlife spots just around the corner. The mall is walking distance and you can go to the YMCA if you wanted to use the a gym. I would totally stay there again. I noticed that there were not a huge abundance of parking spaces was the only negative.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jenedoro,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am very pleased to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us especially since you a frequent guest with a branded hotel. We place great emphasis on providing a chic, comfortable and personable experience to all our guest even after they have left. It seems we did just that for you. I can’t thank you enough for the great feedback as an independent moderately priced boutique hotel it means a lot. Parking is limited however, we have the bell St Garage directly behind us which offers secure overnight parking with a connecting door to us. Again many thanks for your review and we hope to see you again.

Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

very comfortable room and lounge area. I went swimming at the Y, was the only person there and got individual coaching from the lifeguard. The only downside was that the carpeting in the hallways is really nasty and needs to be replaced. Weird because it is marketed as a newer boutique hotel and everything else was nice. Free shuttle service to train station and lots of restaurants around the corner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Doclynn,

Thank you for posting this review about us. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and made full use of the pool. The carpet is number one priority at the moment we are finalizing a pattern then moving onto the installation process. Hopefully on your next stay with us you notice the big difference. We look forward to welcoming you once more. Safe travels!

Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We got an incredible rate ($86 for a king bed) on the Internet. Better than that, the hotel is really nice; the staff are sweet, the room is nice and quiet (sixth floor), Y facilities attached, free parking and a nice included breakfast. The location is great - easy walking to a variety of restaurants and stores. There is free transportation in the hotel - they will take you anywhere. Only negatives are the pillows, the hall carpets look dirty and the towels are small. I would not hesitate to stay here again and recommend it to friends. I would consider it too for a Manhattan trip.

Room Tip: We stayed in a king and I suspect it is worth the upgrade price.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gattica,

I appreciate you taking the time to post this great review. Also way to go getting a room at such a great deal! I am glad to know our warm and friendly service, comfortable rooms, complimentary barking and warm buffet breakfast made for a memorable stay. With regards to the hallway carpets we are in the final stages of finalizing a new pattern and hope to install soon. I will certainly review with my Housekeeping Manager to improve the pillows and our linen provider for bigger towels. Thank you for spreading the good word about Hotel Zero Degrees and we hope to welcome you again.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel was very well located and a great value. The rooms where clean and comfortable, and the staff very helpful and friendly. Well definitely stay here on our next visit to the area. It is close to the train into NY. Only criticism (since there should also be one) is that the bath towels could be a little larger.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Garyjw,

Thank you for taking a moment to post such a wonderful review about us. We strive to not only meet but exceed guest expectations and it seems that we did just that for you. I am glad to know our great service and comfortable accommodation were to your liking. With regards to the bath towels I will look into seeing how much bigger we can get them. Again many thanks for the review and we hope to see you again in the near future. Safe travels!

Tim Simpson

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees? Share your experiences!