“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Eugene, Oregon
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

very comfortable room and lounge area. I went swimming at the Y, was the only person there and got individual coaching from the lifeguard. The only downside was that the carpeting in the hallways is really nasty and needs to be replaced. Weird because it is marketed as a newer boutique hotel and everything else was nice. Free shuttle service to train station and lots of restaurants around the corner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Doclynn,

Thank you for posting this review about us. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and made full use of the pool. The carpet is number one priority at the moment we are finalizing a pattern then moving onto the installation process. Hopefully on your next stay with us you notice the big difference. We look forward to welcoming you once more. Safe travels!

Tim Simpson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We got an incredible rate ($86 for a king bed) on the Internet. Better than that, the hotel is really nice; the staff are sweet, the room is nice and quiet (sixth floor), Y facilities attached, free parking and a nice included breakfast. The location is great - easy walking to a variety of restaurants and stores. There is free transportation in the hotel - they will take you anywhere. Only negatives are the pillows, the hall carpets look dirty and the towels are small. I would not hesitate to stay here again and recommend it to friends. I would consider it too for a Manhattan trip.

Room Tip: We stayed in a king and I suspect it is worth the upgrade price.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gattica,

I appreciate you taking the time to post this great review. Also way to go getting a room at such a great deal! I am glad to know our warm and friendly service, comfortable rooms, complimentary barking and warm buffet breakfast made for a memorable stay. With regards to the hallway carpets we are in the final stages of finalizing a new pattern and hope to install soon. I will certainly review with my Housekeeping Manager to improve the pillows and our linen provider for bigger towels. Thank you for spreading the good word about Hotel Zero Degrees and we hope to welcome you again.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel was very well located and a great value. The rooms where clean and comfortable, and the staff very helpful and friendly. Well definitely stay here on our next visit to the area. It is close to the train into NY. Only criticism (since there should also be one) is that the bath towels could be a little larger.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Garyjw,

Thank you for taking a moment to post such a wonderful review about us. We strive to not only meet but exceed guest expectations and it seems that we did just that for you. I am glad to know our great service and comfortable accommodation were to your liking. With regards to the bath towels I will look into seeing how much bigger we can get them. Again many thanks for the review and we hope to see you again in the near future. Safe travels!

Andover, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I stopped over on a Friday night on our way by commuter rail into NYC the next morning. The room was appealing, quiet, and had a good shower! Parking was a plus, many restaurants to choose from just around the corner, and an unexpected complete hot/cold breakfast buffet! The commuter rail into NYC is an easy 7 minute walk. We will definitely be doing this again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Genie C,

I appreciate you taking the time to post this review. It is always a pleasure to know that were the quintessential rest stop for your on your journey to NYC. I am thrilled to know that our location and amenities were just what you needed. We look forward to seeing you again on your next adventure to NYC. Safe travels and thank you for choosing Hotel Zero Degrees.

Manhattan,NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I came across this hotel while I was searching for a place that was close to the Stamford Train Station, & Close to bars and Restaurants. I saw the reviews about the hotel and figured I would give it a try. Just by the amentites that were being offered I knew that I was getting a great deal as other hotels around the area charge for WiFi and parking. I walked into the Lobby of the Hotel and was greeted by a warm front desk staff by the Name of Hess who was very accommodating and made us feel very welcomed and was there for any inquires or issues regarding our stay. We were then given a shuttle ride by a driver Ryan who was very polite and curtious. The breakfast could be better with healthier options but at it being free I had no room to complain. I am going to get corporate rates as a result of my stay. Thank You!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Jessica R,

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review about us. I am pleased to know you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Zero Degrees; from our great complimentary amenities, to our friendly staff and comfortable accommodations. We strive to make every guests’ stay a seamless one. I will be sure to commend both Ryan and Hess for their level of hospitality and professionalism. Thanks for the breakfast tip- we do have some healthy options but we will definitely look into offering more. Safe travels and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stopped here for just one night on our way to Maine. Bed and bath room were clean and nice which are key items for a hotel. The decorations/style was very nice. A little different from the normal hotel. Breakfast was very good. The only turn off was the carpets were filthy looking. The hall carpets were especially dirty and the room carpet was not much better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Timothy_Simpson, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Freddys330,

Thank you for posting this review. It is indeed a pleasure to know your enjoyed our décor and that we met your standard for a clean bedroom and bathroom. We are currently in the final selection process for our new hallway carpets. We hope to have it installed before your next stay with us.

Property Manager
Upstate NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

A VERY nicely designed and remodeled property right in the heart of downtown Stamford, near all the night life with easy access to i95. While small, the place is full of elegant modern touches that set it apart from the big chains. We have stayed twice now, and both times experienced building issues. The first time (December 2011) there was an emergency repair of their hot water unit, and we were left with no hot water the morning of our departure. After a brief foul exchange with their overnight desk (more on that later) we were greeted at checkout by the property manager who apologized profusely for the fluke event, and immediately comped one of our nights. He actually offered to comp both room nights, but we declined such generosity. We were obviously upset about the inconvenience, but after we stopped dealing with the overnight guy, and talked with the more professional staff, we felt very well taken care of. Things happen, and they said/did all the right things to make us happy on our way out. We stayed at Zero Degrees again this past December, and unfortunately had another issue with the building. We were having a very extreme bit of weather, with 40+ mph winds and monsoon rains, and we had a bit of water seeping into the carpet under our room window. Again, this was an unforeseen random event, and far beyond the normal issue. When I went to the desk to report it and request another room, I was bummed/surprised to see the same jerk at the desk as our previous visit. Luckily, he appeared to be taking a phone call and didn't even acknowledge me in any way as I approached. One of his co-workers, a fine young man who had gone above and beyond on multiple occasions during our stay (went out in the freezing rain and bought us bottled water on the desk's dime when the vending machine on our floor was temporarily out of service!) was directed by the jerk to take care of me. He did this by snapping his fingers in the air like he was calling a dog, and waving dismissively in my direction. Another vote of appreciation for the fine young man for not punching the jerk's lights out for such a disrespectful display. Who treats a co-worker like that? In front of a guest, no less?
So the short of this long write up is, great property with a few building issues that they are handling in exemplary fashion. Stay away from the desk after hours until they get rid of the bad apple, but the rest of the staff are models of the hospitality industry. When the same fine young man moved our bags into the new room for us (they upgraded us to a suite, btw) he refused a tip, just as he had when he brought us the water. A note to management: When your entire staff is praised for treating your guests like royalty, while you have multiple reports of your overnight desk being manned by an unprofessional cretin, you know who it is, and you should know where to cut fat.

Room Tip: Ask for as high as possible if noise bugs you. It is a downtown property with some street noise unti...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Roaddogbassman,

I appreciate you posting such a detailed review. Apart from the unforeseen circumstances during your stay with us I am happy to see that you like the hotel and genuinely care for our success. I apologize for the uncouth treatment you received from a member of staff I can guarantee you that it is not becoming of the entire team which you have seen for yourself. Fortunately for us we have had some exciting new additions to the hospitality team ensuring that all our guests receive unparalleled service any time of day. We hope to welcome you back soon for a seamless stay from start to finish. Of course should you want to discuss further feel free to contact me at 203-363-7900. Thanks again and safe travels.

Property Manager

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees? Share your experiences!