“Great Price for Service Offered” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Zero Degrees
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   909 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Manhattan,NY
“Great Price for Service Offered”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I came across this hotel while I was searching for a place that was close to the Stamford Train Station, & Close to bars and Restaurants. I saw the reviews about the hotel and figured I would give it a try. Just by the amentites that were being offered I knew that I was getting a great deal as other hotels around the area charge for WiFi and parking. I walked into the Lobby of the Hotel and was greeted by a warm front desk staff by the Name of Hess who was very accommodating and made us feel very welcomed and was there for any inquires or issues regarding our stay. We were then given a shuttle ride by a driver Ryan who was very polite and curtious. The breakfast could be better with healthier options but at it being free I had no room to complain. I am going to get corporate rates as a result of my stay. Thank You!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Jessica R,

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review about us. I am pleased to know you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Zero Degrees; from our great complimentary amenities, to our friendly staff and comfortable accommodations. We strive to make every guests’ stay a seamless one. I will be sure to commend both Ryan and Hess for their level of hospitality and professionalism. Thanks for the breakfast tip- we do have some healthy options but we will definitely look into offering more. Safe travels and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Tim Simpson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stopped here for just one night on our way to Maine. Bed and bath room were clean and nice which are key items for a hotel. The decorations/style was very nice. A little different from the normal hotel. Breakfast was very good. The only turn off was the carpets were filthy looking. The hall carpets were especially dirty and the room carpet was not much better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Timothy_Simpson, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Freddys330,

Thank you for posting this review. It is indeed a pleasure to know your enjoyed our décor and that we met your standard for a clean bedroom and bathroom. We are currently in the final selection process for our new hallway carpets. We hope to have it installed before your next stay with us.

Upstate NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

A VERY nicely designed and remodeled property right in the heart of downtown Stamford, near all the night life with easy access to i95. While small, the place is full of elegant modern touches that set it apart from the big chains. We have stayed twice now, and both times experienced building issues. The first time (December 2011) there was an emergency repair of their hot water unit, and we were left with no hot water the morning of our departure. After a brief foul exchange with their overnight desk (more on that later) we were greeted at checkout by the property manager who apologized profusely for the fluke event, and immediately comped one of our nights. He actually offered to comp both room nights, but we declined such generosity. We were obviously upset about the inconvenience, but after we stopped dealing with the overnight guy, and talked with the more professional staff, we felt very well taken care of. Things happen, and they said/did all the right things to make us happy on our way out. We stayed at Zero Degrees again this past December, and unfortunately had another issue with the building. We were having a very extreme bit of weather, with 40+ mph winds and monsoon rains, and we had a bit of water seeping into the carpet under our room window. Again, this was an unforeseen random event, and far beyond the normal issue. When I went to the desk to report it and request another room, I was bummed/surprised to see the same jerk at the desk as our previous visit. Luckily, he appeared to be taking a phone call and didn't even acknowledge me in any way as I approached. One of his co-workers, a fine young man who had gone above and beyond on multiple occasions during our stay (went out in the freezing rain and bought us bottled water on the desk's dime when the vending machine on our floor was temporarily out of service!) was directed by the jerk to take care of me. He did this by snapping his fingers in the air like he was calling a dog, and waving dismissively in my direction. Another vote of appreciation for the fine young man for not punching the jerk's lights out for such a disrespectful display. Who treats a co-worker like that? In front of a guest, no less?
So the short of this long write up is, great property with a few building issues that they are handling in exemplary fashion. Stay away from the desk after hours until they get rid of the bad apple, but the rest of the staff are models of the hospitality industry. When the same fine young man moved our bags into the new room for us (they upgraded us to a suite, btw) he refused a tip, just as he had when he brought us the water. A note to management: When your entire staff is praised for treating your guests like royalty, while you have multiple reports of your overnight desk being manned by an unprofessional cretin, you know who it is, and you should know where to cut fat.

Room Tip: Ask for as high as possible if noise bugs you. It is a downtown property with some street noise unti...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Roaddogbassman,

I appreciate you posting such a detailed review. Apart from the unforeseen circumstances during your stay with us I am happy to see that you like the hotel and genuinely care for our success. I apologize for the uncouth treatment you received from a member of staff I can guarantee you that it is not becoming of the entire team which you have seen for yourself. Fortunately for us we have had some exciting new additions to the hospitality team ensuring that all our guests receive unparalleled service any time of day. We hope to welcome you back soon for a seamless stay from start to finish. Of course should you want to discuss further feel free to contact me at 203-363-7900. Thanks again and safe travels.

Plainview, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

great value. Rooms are small but enough room for both of us. Bathrooms was a nice size with designer amenities. Terriffic location right off of Main St and all of the restaurants. Parking was a breeze and a nice breakfast was included in the bargain rate at the Trip Advisor website that we booked it on. I would of gave it the extra star but the bathroom could have been a bit cleaner. The rest of the hotel was very clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Robert G,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am glad to know you were able to enjoy our stay with us especially at the special TripAdvisor rate. It seems our central location in downtown, comfortable rooms and amenities met your expectations and I am thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay overall. We pride ourselves in being the best value. I apologize for that snafu in the bathroom and we are ensure our housekeeping is diligently attending to all our spaces. We hope to see you again in the near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had a quick stay here. Free indoor parking, free buffet breakfast, free wifi, fine room, comfortable bed, very clean, very nice bathroom, chic arty decor. Very convenient to downtown Stamford, literally dozens of restaurants within a few blocks. And the prices can't be beat. Very friendly place. If you want to "work out" or swim, the YWCA is physically connected to the hotel and you have full complementary access.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Timothy_Simpson, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Macjack1,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! I appreciate you taking the time to highlight the perks of staying at Hotel Zero Degrees. I am pleased to know that your quick stay with us was an enjoyable one. From our complimentary breakfast, wi-fi and clean rooms to our convenient location, we aim to offer the best value. It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Stamford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The place is conveniently located at walking distance from a lot of restaurant.
Good atmosphere. Friendly personnel and clean facility.
There even was a complimentary wine tasting, which apparently is a monthly event

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Timothy_Simpson, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear MarcL,

I appreciate your posting this review about us. Good to know you had a comfortable stay with us and the you were able to enjoy our monthly Zen Hour. This is where we offer complimentary wine from various regions paired with delicious charcuterie and chesses. Next month we have partnered with Chocopologie to host the Zen hour where will be pairing Proseco with various types of chocolates. I hope you are able to make it for that one as well. Safe travels.

Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My Fiance and I recently hosted our engagement party in Stamford CT and we always drive by Hotel Zero. We inquired within and from the time we stepped foot in the door to talk to a manager, to the time the last guest from our party left, we were fully satisfied.
We had over 10+ rooms blocked off, and the Hotel was mindful that we may be loud, and not one guest was disturbed. We had complimentary shuttles around the Stamford area all night until 11pm.
The Guests were greeted by a nice personal touch when they walked in and we had a very personal treat when we checked into our suite.
I would recommend this hotel to any and every traveler to the Stamford area. The weekend brunch was more than ample and best part was it was complimentary! We couldn't be more pleased with the follow up calls a day after our party stayed there.
OUTSTANDING !! A++++++

Room Tip: The Suite was a spacious place with ample seating for additional guests to visit and chat. ottomans...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear MattP,

Thank you for your wonderful review. My entire team was happy to be a part of such a momentous occasion for the two of you. I am glad everyone in your party enjoyed their stay with us especially the personalized welcome screen we did for you. I trust the entire engagement party went smoothly and we wish you many years or joy and love together. All the best in this new chapter of your lives.

Property Manager

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees? Share your experiences!