“Casual luxury, friendly staff, great location!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Zero Degrees
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   909 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901   |
Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Stamford
Danbury, CT
“Casual luxury, friendly staff, great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Hotel Zero Degrees had everything I needed for my business trip, with the added luxuries of thoughtful details in the room, extremely professional and friendly staff, free WiFi and nice complimentary breakfast. It's within short walking distance to 20 great restaurants, and moments from a huge shopping mall. Highly recommend for business or pleasure! The business manager was very helpful in setting up a generous corporate rate for me, and the front desk was accomodating and warm. The hotel was a breath of fresh air amidst a busy week. I will be back soon and have already recommended to my colleagues.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Timothy_Simpson, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear RebeccaL,

I am thrilled to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that all your interactions with our staff were professional and warm. “Casual luxury”-I like that and its definitely something we hope to achieve for all our guests. Now that you have a corporate rate with us we look forward to seeing you more frequently we look forward to knowing you by name as soon as you step through the front doors. Thank you for spreading the good word about us and we will see you soon.

423 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Great place too visit I will go back soon.i love the location it's really close too shops restaurant the rooms are nice in clean the free breakfast was great you also get free parking I also love the bathroom

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Babyrog,

I appreciate you posting this wonderful review about us. Our location is ideal for the person who enjoys taking a casual stroll to discover all the restaurants, shopping and entertainment Downtown Stamford has to offer. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us especially our breakfast. I hope your travels brings you back to Stamford and that we will be your hotel of choice.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

A cute boutique hotel located downtown. Easy access to the interstate and to restaurants and theaters. The bedding is comfortable. The staff was pleasant and made sure to tell me that the shuttle was available to take me wherever I wanted to go in Stamford. I appreciate fruit and hot water for tea, hot chocolate & oatmeal being readily available at all times. Breakfast is a nice addition and is better than a standard contentental breakfast but can't be compare with made to order. Nice seating area in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear SEAPexploer012,

Thanks for taking a moment to post this great review about us. Our convenient location makes it easy to get around either by car or on foot especially since all the restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary warm buffet breakfast and while we cannot compare with the made to order offerings at large hotel we strive to provide a healthy, fresh and delicious breakfast. We hope to welcome you once more.

NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Booked a thanksgiving cyber monday non refundable rate for early Jan 2013 and saved 20% off lowest weekend rate. For an incredible $84 we received a superior king room over 300 sq ft with nice bathroom and huge shower stall, my wife really liked the bath amenities. Room was clean except for the inner shears on drapes were stained with chocolate. Free breakfast was really really good, the staff does great job keeping everything stocked. FREE parking was very convenient, with ½ flight of stairs leading to the garage from the lobby. The only thing noticeable is the hallway carpets are getting worn, and could use a redo. I will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Itbetterbeclean,

Thank you for posting your review. It seems you get a really good deal with us using our Cyber Monday Promotion. It is good to hear that you enjoyed the room especially our warm complimentary buffet breakfast and parking. My apologies for the stained inner shears we have put our housekeeping department on it right away. As for our hallway carpets we are currently in the final selection for the new design and hopefully it is completed before your next stay with us. Thank you for your genuine feedback. Safe Travels!

Best,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed here because we wanted to dash in/out of the city (NYC). Really good location to the theaters, good restaurants and a nice mall.
Quick tip, leave your car in their lot and walk everywhere! Parking we found is limited in their garage.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Illtakebreadandwater,

I appreciate you writing this review about us. We are definitely the right hotel for a quick dash into the city. We are within walking distance of the Metro North Train station and all the entertainment Downtown Stamford has to offer. In addition our shuttle is always happy to take guests anywhere within Downtown Stamford. There is complimentary parking in our garage on a first come first served basis and there is also secured covered parking at the adjacent Bell St Garage. It was a pleasure having you with us and should your travels require a quick dash to NYC we hope to see you again.

Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I live in stamford and was without power after the hurricaine. When I travel I usually stay at Brand named hotels such as Hilton and Ritz Carlton. I was pleasantly surprised by this small boutique hotel. The decor was similar to what one would find in a Manhattan Boutique hotel. It met all of my needs and would stay there again or recommend it to anyone traveling in the area. I have read the reviews about the area being questionable. It is located at the edge of restaurant row and the area is relatively safe.

Room Tip: The cheapest rooms are also the smallest. I would suggest spending a little more and getting a large...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Vfinct,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about us. I am thrilled to know we were able to meet your expectations and more importantly that we were able to make you feel at home after the hurricane. We certainly hope to welcome you once more in the near future- under much more pleasant circumstances of course! All the best.

Regards,
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Good standard hotel for the price. Breakfast is Iffy but its included in the price so can't complain. Rooms are nice and staff are very friendly. This place won't blow your socks off but it's excellent quality for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Timothy_Simpson, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Whiteboytrash,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We do strive to be the best value for our guests and while we did not exceed your expectations we are happy to have at least met them. I am pleased to know that you liked our rooms and that our staff was friendly. While breakfast is complimentary we always want to ensure it is consistently great and I welcome recommendations for improvement-should you have some time feel free to contact me at 203-363-7900 to discuss. Thank you for staying with us and all the best in the New Year.

Property Manager

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees? Share your experiences!